Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com

Could be fun.
No Will Smith for those who care.

We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global spectacle on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.

In Theaters - June 24, 2016

Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward

Directed by Roland Emmerich

Oct 3, 2006

Could be fun.
No Will Smith for those who care.

We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global spectacle on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.

In Theaters - June 24, 2016

Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward

Directed by Roland Emmerich
I'm so hyped for this shit, man. ID is probably one of my favorite movies, I remember buying this shit on VHS with my saved up lunch money, lol.

Oct 3, 2006
I love these kinds of movies...as if humans would have the ability to beat a technologically advanced race of beings.
Bullshit man, we did it before under Pres. Whitmore, we should be able to do it again. Here's the speech to remind you about humanity-

"Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"

President Thomas Whitmore
July 4th, 1996

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
Saw this last night.
Its bad.
Not Batman V Superman bad.
But still bad.

Independence Day is to Starship Troopers
as
Independence Day 2 is to Starship Troopers 2.

This felt like a made for TV sequel.
It didnt match the tone of the last one.
I didnt feel anything for any of the characters.
The few times I laughed it was followed up with a "...goddamn thats dumb"

I remember reading early that they were shooting 2 & 3 back to back.
While they broke the doors off the hinges for a blatant pt 3, I dont think we'll see it.

Jan 18, 2006
Saw this last night.
Its bad.
Not Batman V Superman bad.
But still bad.

Independence Day is to Starship Troopers
as
Independence Day 2 is to Starship Troopers 2.

This felt like a made for TV sequel.
It didnt match the tone of the last one.
I didnt feel anything for any of the characters.
The few times I laughed it was followed up with a "...goddamn thats dumb"

I remember reading early that they were shooting 2 & 3 back to back.
While they broke the doors off the hinges for a blatant pt 3, I dont think we'll see it.
so the action wasnt even good/special effects? Damn im glad u said something cuz i was about to watch in Imax

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
100% what happened.
They all thought he was crazy, but he knew!
they said they were tying to get him on board for years, but he declined due to scheduling conflicts. Yet he has time to do bad boys 3? He is pretty powerful in hollywood. i assume he could easily request some rewrites of the script. They probably said no. Imagine if he and his movie son were in the move at the same time, and release the movie during fathers day weekend. would have made some serious money.