Halloween 2018 (remake/sequel) Trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
This movie is kind of weird. They went back to the original series, but retconned the entire series after part 2 and are pretending 4,5,6,H20, and Resurrection didn't happen.

This one is supposed to be taking place after part 2. Kind of annoying cause I actually really liked the story of 4, 5, and 6 and don't like the idea that they're making it out to be that Michael Myers has just sat in a prison since 1978.

Movie looks like it will be good though, just seems like an odd creative direction.

I wish they would have just restarted the franchise with a fresh remake. It's been almost 10 years since Rob Zombie's remakes, would have been a great time. They could have milked a new trilogy out of it. When I found out John Carpenter is producing this one though, I see why he wanted to go back to his movies, none of the shit after the first 2 were his.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
This movie is kind of weird. They went back to the original series, but retconned the entire series after part 2 and are pretending 4,5,6,H20, and Resurrection didn't happen.
Actually they also left out the second movie! In the trailer they say Loomis shot him and then he was arrested. Also the girl says, that Michael and Laurie are not brother in sister, which wasn't mentioned till the second part..

For me the first two movies belong together. It's like one movie, broken up into two parts...

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I Didn't really Dislike Zombies Halloween's but its nice to get a new one hopefully it'll be good
I'm one of the few that really liked Zombie's remakes. The only thing I disliked about them was them making Dr. Loomis be a massive Hollywood asshole in the 2nd one.

The opening scene of Zombie's 2nd one is one of my favorite horror movie scenes ever. That scene was brutal as fuck, then they changed the vibe with Moody Blues Nights In White Satin playing in the background.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I don't even care about the story lines being followed, I just want to see good cinematography work and Michael Myers Killin mufuccas....
Halloween was always a step above all the other slashers (until they fucked it up). It was more serious, more "scary". Rob Zombie had a good remake, but the second one was terrible. I hope, that they could give it a fresh start, but this new sequel just seems like a remake.

Danny McBride wrote the screenplay, and they already have a third part down, but want to wait to see if the audience will like this one. Before they planned on shooting it back to back.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
They managed to make this one on a $10 million budget, which is pretty much pocket change when it comes to movie budgets now days. It should easily make $30-$40 million in box office, even if it's bad. I can definitely see a sequel no matter what if it breaks $30 million.

When I read Danny McBride was involved a couple years ago, my first thought was "lolwut, why is Kenny Powers writing Halloween?" Then I read McBride pitched his ideas directly to John Carpenter and John Carpenter loved them, so that gave me hope.

Props: siccmadesyko
Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
none of the shit after the first 2 were his.
Actually Halloween 3 was still carpenter.he produced it and did the soundtrack. Originally carpenter wanted to do an halloween themed anthology horror movie franchise and not Michael myers movies, but after part 3 bombed studio wanted to go to back with myers

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Actually Halloween 3 was still carpenter.he produced it and did the soundtrack. Originally carpenter wanted to do an halloween themed anthology horror movie franchise and not Michael myers movies, but after part 3 bombed studio wanted to go to back with myers
Yeah the Halloween 3 history was always interesting, I always hated Halloween 3 as a kid, because I felt cheated out of another Michael Myers flick. In my post I was talking Michael Myers storyline films though. Carpenter had no input on 4,5,6,H20, Resurrection etc. Moustapha Akkad wanted to milk as much cash as he could out of Michael Myers with or without Carpenter. I read years ago that Carpenter wrote a script for Halloween 4, but the studio didn't like it, so Carpenter rage quit and sold his piece of the rights to Akkad. So I get why Carpenter is pretending all of that shit didn't exist and is going back to his own story. Hell, Carpenter didn't even want to make the original part 2, he wanted Michael dead after the first one lol

Props: siccmadesyko