Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson to Star in ‘Big Trouble in Little China’ Remake

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is in negotiations to star in and produce a remake of John Carpenter‘s cult classic “Big Trouble in Little China” that will be written by “X-Men: First Class” scribes Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.
A representative for 20th Century Fox did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Johnson is making a deal to play Jack Burton, an all-American trucker who gets dragged into a centuries-old mystical battle in San Francisco’s Chinatown.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Star in 'Big Trouble in Little China' Remake (Exclusive)

Dec 6, 2005
I would have preferred a Big Trouble In Little China sequel with Kurt Russell than a remake.

I think the rock would do a good job with this one. It could be worse in terms of casting lol

May 2, 2015
i wish they would make original movies all these remakes are getting old
Yes! 100% For the most part, Corporate Hollywood no longer takes a chance on something new & different. That's why we see all these old remakes, movies based on comics and books. It's all bullshit.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to seeing The Rock bring a new flavor to BTLC.

May 2, 2015
May he die in a ball of fire for this!! This is too much of a classic for a remake!! What's next, Last Dragon remake, No Retreat/No Surrender remake??
You blame a hired actor for a remake of a classic? It's the movie studio responsible for a remake breh.

The Last Dragon with Jaden Smith as Leroy and Samuel L. Jackson as ShoNuff would probably cause me to riot.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
You blame a hired actor for a remake of a classic? It's the movie studio responsible for a remake breh.
foreal lol and if it wouldnt be the rock 9/10 it would prolly be chris pratt from parks & recs so at least we were spared that

its 2015 if you havent realized most movies are gonna be remade in the foreseeable future you havent been paying attention