The Collector - Blu-Ray Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA

I'm a gore fan, I like things bloody, graphic and cringe worthy. Naturally from the product description The Collector would be a thoughtless choice. The last film from the makers of Saw I viewed was "The Tortured" which is a non-stop awesome flick. When I bought this movie, it was for one reason, the gore. I could give a fuck about the story or character development, I just wanted to see people get slaughtered in the most gruesome and inventive ways imaginable.

That being said, this movie was beyond disappointing. I found myself checking the case to make sure I didn't buy some theatrical version that cut out violence for a more manageable rating, and even checking online to see if there was an unrated version of the film released. This picture carries an R rating but PG-13 is more realistic. As for graphic violence, you see virtually none. You see the before and after images with no actual violence being shown. A girl gets her tongue cut out, YOU DON'T SEE IT. A guy gets his ear cut off, YOU DON'T SEE IT. Same guy then gets disemboweled, YOU DON'T SEE IT. ...and that seems to be the theme of the movie. Gore with no gore. Lame.

Okay so the reason for seeing the film is a let down, blue balled, out the window. Maybe that's forgivable if the rest of the film is decent, too bad it's not. The story is filled with stuff that makes no sense, none of which is every answered. Whose the killer, why does this happen, why does that happen, absolutely nothing is explained. The killer has insane, inhuman abilities. He can boobie trap a huge house extensively with precision, in a matter of hours, live through a chandelier's worth of knives, it's just pathetic.

Character wise, you don't care about any of them. It doesn't help that the first 10 minutes of character of development in the movie is used to make the "good guy" look like a pedophile.

In short, movie is trash. Stay away unless you've never seen a horror film in your life.

3/10