Blood in Blood out (bound by honor) vs. American Me.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
So that wasn’t Rodolfo Cadena that got stabbed? Isn’t that what started the war?
There was a war between the NF and Eme years before Rudy Cadena's death. Cadena was really trying to bring all NF and Eme members together; however, there were still green lights to kill NF members in other prisons at the time. The war really stemmed from The original NF members being former Eme members and many cholos from Southern California and East La Varrios whom refused to run with Eme and instead formed and ran NF with Farmeros seen as lower class.

Back to the question though, yes Rudy was stabbed and killed by NF members because NF members were under suspicion that Cadena and Eme was setting up the lesser members of NF.
My bad, I read a lot of books and got older homies who gamed me up.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
There was a war between the NF and Eme years before Rudy Cadena's death. Cadena was really trying to bring all NF and Eme members together; however, there were still green lights to kill NF members in other prisons at the time. The war really stemmed from The original NF members being former Eme members and many cholos from Southern California and East La Varrios whom refused to run with Eme and instead formed and ran NF with Farmeros seen as lower class.

Back to the question though, yes Rudy was stabbed and killed by NF members because NF members were under suspicion that Cadena and Eme was setting up the lesser members of NF.
My bad, I read a lot of books and got older homies who gamed me up.
Fa sheezy yeah my cousin was in the NF he always tells stories lol

Sep 3, 2002
American Me was far and away a better movie in virtually every single way
I can probably imagine the argument for american me, but you might as well elaborate for us.

Also, It's worth pointing out that it Blood IN BLood Out seems to be the favorite here, even if American Me is technically the "better" movie.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I can probably imagine the argument for american me, but you might as well elaborate for us.

Also, It's worth pointing out that it Blood IN BLood Out seems to be the favorite here, even if American Me is technically the "better" movie.
tbh, I don't fault anyone for liking Blood in Blood out more than American Me. But as far as American Me, I thought the acting was better, the directing was better, the storytelling/screenplay was better and more believable (especially since it was at least based on some truths) and more memorable. BIBO is quotable and is often remembered for the lines you can say as part of a joke. I personally liked that AM was more serious. I thought Olmos and Forsythe did an excellent job. The end of AM was really underrated too IMO.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Both have really annoying shit about them that out weigh the pros so I don’t love re-watching them as much as most of my friends (too fuckin long honestly) but I’d rather watch American Me over Blood In Blood Out if someone’s standing there with movie cases in hand.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I'm rarely on this site anymore but this question was stuck in my mind. I was always a fan of American Me and thought it was better than BIBO for the reasons I said before. I've watched BIBO like 5 times since and it is still really corny in parts, especially Miklo., but I think overall it's more enjoyable than AM. Benjamin Bratt was excellent throughout, as was the dude who played Cruzito. But the dude who played Popeye and even the Montana guy were pretty awful actors. There were parts where BIBO is better and I like the ending a lot more, but AM was definitely more true to real life, had better acting overall, and it seems like BIBO copied a number of things from AM too?

Props: dalycity650