Black Panther Biggest Grossing Movie All Time Opening Weekend (4 Days)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Man, i feel like GOTG should be way higher...obvi my opinion of course.

I thought Doctor Strange was really good...shocked me.

Spider Man really took me by surprise too, i thought it was gonna blow ass but i think its the best Spiderman put out yet. Smart reboot by Marvel.
Winter Soldier is one of my favorite characters in both the MCU and comics, one of the reasons his two movies bumped GOTG out of the top 5 for me lol

yeah Doctor Strange and Spiderman were both really good.

I loved all the movies in the top 12 of my list, all have been watched numerous times.

13-18 I liked for a watch or two, but don't have any want to watch them again. I had high hopes for GOTG2, but that shit fell flat to me.

Sep 3, 2002
I had high hopes for GOTG2, but that shit fell flat to me.
Agreed.

The first hour or so was Str8 like Jake, then it fizzled out into the daddy issues storyline with Star-Lord- and he hogged the spotlight. The sibling rivalry (Gamora/ Nebula) storyline was more interesting.

I also thought Yondu got too much screen time.

Hopefully a 3rd Guardians will bring it all home.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Whats your home theater looking like these days? I have stripped down a bunch over the last 5 years. I only have a stereo setup in the living room and a "dorm room" style 5.2 setup in the bedroom. I dont even own a blu-ray player anymore, all streaming.
I have a 65 inch 4K LG with Boze 5 speaker with woofer surround. Its not a super expensive surround but it was one of the higher end HTIB by Boze. Sounds good though but I am more of a picture guy first. About to upgrade to the 4k Dolby Vision player as the 4K player I have now doesnt do Dolby Vision and they are making 4K joints with Dolby Vision now and my TV does both so Im straight there.

May 9, 2002
I have a 65 inch 4K LG with Boze 5 speaker with woofer surround. Its not a super expensive surround but it was one of the higher end HTIB by Boze. Sounds good though but I am more of a picture guy first. About to upgrade to the 4k Dolby Vision player as the 4K player I have now doesnt do Dolby Vision and they are making 4K joints with Dolby Vision now and my TV does both so Im straight there.
Ahhhh no Bose!!! You know those theater heads hate Bose like a mufucka...they lose their damn minds when people say that bought Bose!! HAHAH

I went 4K in my room...shits insane bro. I totally feel you on that.

Props: CZAR and CZAR

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Ahhhh no Bose!!! You know those theater heads hate Bose like a mufucka...they lose their damn minds when people say that bought Bose!! HAHAH

I went 4K in my room...shits insane bro. I totally feel you on that.
Lol, yea the sound matters but Im in a small house and as long as its clear and surround then Im good. But that picture quality has to be bomb!!!!!! Cant wait to get Ragnarok next week!!!

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I saw this movie this morning. It was pretty good. Better than I expected, and I would see it again. I think it has more of a impact with black folks watching the film as the majority of the cast was people of color, which is rarely seen these days with a big budget film. Matter of fact, is this the biggest budget for a black film ever? In any event, I hope this opens the door and wakes up Hollywood to produce more black films with a huge budget. My stepson's track team bought out a theater for all of us, which was about 100 people.

I'm a fan of anything to do with the future and or futuristic/technology overtones. Felt they could have had a bit more dialogue to flesh out the story more, but it was a great film nonetheless.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
Don’t really have any interest in watching this now I’ll wait for the blu ray but I went and seen death wish today it was dope Bruce Willis kicked ass!!!

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
The most boring movie I have ever watched, I literally fell asleep during this movie and that's never happened to me before.

Also the most stupidest storyline of any movie ever: a super rich country in Africa that the rest of the world thinks is third-world poor but in reality they're flying around in spaceships and managed to conceal this from the rest of the world. Yeeeea right, fuck outtahere. My suspension of disbelief couldn't handle it.

I honestly think many people are just scared to call this out for the rubbish it is because they feel they would somehow offend black people.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
The most boring movie I have ever watched, I literally fell asleep during this movie and that's never happened to me before.

Also the most stupidest storyline of any movie ever: a super rich country in Africa that the rest of the world thinks is third-world poor but in reality they're flying around in spaceships and managed to conceal this from the rest of the world. Yeeeea right, fuck outtahere. My suspension of disbelief couldn't handle it.

I honestly think many people are just scared to call this out for the rubbish it is because they feel they would somehow offend black people.
It's a comic book movie. If you suspend reality and just watch the movie for what it is, it's entertaining imo.

However, if you break down the movie, and take it apart, yeah there are some holes in it! I would have liked to see Killmonger carry out his mission and liberate the oppressed with Wakanda's vibranium and technology. This breaks it down beautifully:

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003

You do know its a comicbook film right? How about Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Thor, Ant-Man etc...Do you suspend of disbelief while watching those? Comic book movies are not real and are super hero films meaning there is gonna be fantasy shit in them. To bad you fell asleep cause its a great film. Your loss.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Because his complaints dont make any sense. Its a sci-fi movie...nothing in that movie is real. It has no bearing in the real world.
I agree with that not making sense, but he also said it was boring. I'm not a big fan of comic book movies myself, cause it is always the same story. But I can enjoy it when they make it a bit different (for example Nolan's Batman). When I was a kid I already wanted Skeletor to win, cause it got boring. Always the same...lol

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Dude didnt like it, why make a fuss? Most comic book movies suck.
Actually your quite wrong, most comic book movies are great! Well from about 2000 until now most of them are great. Especially Marvel. I would say Marvel overall is about 80% good and MCU is 100% good.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I agree with that not making sense, but he also said it was boring. I'm not a big fan of comic book movies myself, cause it is always the same story. But I can enjoy it when they make it a bit different (for example Nolan's Batman). When I was a kid I already wanted Skeletor to win, cause it got boring. Always the same...lol
What was so different about Nolan's story of Batman versus other Batman films? The stories are the same. Nolan is just a better director and made them more serious and less corny like the early Batman films but he didnt do anything special with the story.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
What was so different about Nolan's story of Batman versus other Batman films? The stories are the same. Nolan is just a better director and made them more serious and less corny like the early Batman films but he didnt do anything special with the story.
I thought it was more dark, more grimey. Serious. It was basically taking a fantasy story and putting it into a more realistic scenario imo. But you are right, of course it depended heavily on Nolan as the director.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I thought it was more dark, more grimey. Serious. It was basically taking a fantasy story and putting it into a more realistic scenario imo. But you are right, of course it depended heavily on Nolan as the director.
That is tru. He turned a comic book film into a drama and made it more realistic. Its easy to do that with Batman though cause he has no powers. Nolan couldnt make Guardians of the Galaxy that way. Not possible lol. But that doesnt mean it wasnt good. Guardians kicked ass!!!