Big Trouble In Little China remake staring the people's remaker

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
what's y'all opinion of the remake of this movie and having the rock star in it? i am sure a lot of you are probably sick of remakes of cult movies but sometimes it can be done successfully. i personally am not a fan of the rock as an actor but they might totally revamp the whole vibe of the movie and it works for him. it doesn't seem john carpenter is involved in it and the script is being written up by the x-men first class dudes.

this is courtesy of movieweb.com

The upcoming Big Trouble in Little China remake has been seen as a dubious thing from jump street, and the fact that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is taking over the Kurt Russell role is considered bizarre at best. Johnson doesn't exactly fit the Jack Burton archetype. But The Rock went on the defensive early, claiming that he wants original director John Carpenter to be involved in the project. Now, it looks like that may have just been lip-service to the fans.

As it turns out, John Carpenter has yet to be contacted at all about the upcoming reboot. He has no idea what is being planned, and he hasn't been asked to participate at all. He doesn't sound overly upset about that notion. He's not too mad that 20th Century Fox is attempting a remake of the seminal 80s cult classic. Speaking with Screen Rant, the iconic director behind the original 1978 Halloween movie has this to say about the remake.

"It might be crazy...It might be great! I don't know. Nobody's told me anything. No one tells me anything. [laughs] No. No one's talked to me about it. Haven't heard a thing! Isn't it great?"

Dwayne Johnson was gung-ho about the project when it was first announced. Though, he's had plenty to get excited about over the past two years. He has a ton of movies in the pipeline, and Big Trouble in Little China just happens to be one of them. This past summer he shot the TV-to-Movie adaptation Baywatch, which has wrapped. And then he jumped directly into Jumanji with Kevin Hart and Jack Black. As things work in Hollywood, that sequel moved ahead quicker than anything else on his impending slate simply because all parties were ready to heave ho and go!

So, it's possible that Big Trouble in Little China has simply been put on the back burner for the time being. We haven't heard any production updates on the remake in months. Which means it could be sitting idle. Perhaps the team behind Big Trouble haven't forgotten John Carpenter at all. Maybe they are just waiting until the movie is ready to catch some steam before they approach him about it. Which sounds like a possibility.

John Carpenter isn't afraid to return to his old properties. He's actually executive producing the upcoming second attempt at remaking Halloween, and will also provide the score. It could happen that John Carpenter gets brought in on the Big trouble in Little China remake as an executive producer as well, but who knows? One thing is for certain, a Big Trouble remake just won't be the same without the iconic score and theme song John Carpenter created for the movie. Perhaps, if nothing else, they can get him to come back for the soundtrack?