Best/worst Re-makes and re-boots

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Seems like every other movie is a re-make lately but then again, some of my favorites were technically re-makes too.

Just saw that they are re-making Point Break. A lot of people hate that movie as it is and they're going to make it again. I personally like that movie a lot but it's hard to imagine it being good the 2nd time.

What are some of the best/worst re-makes out there?

Good:
Scarface
3:10 to Yuma
The Departed

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I thought you were going to say the Ring sucked compared to the Japanese version when I was making this thread lol I guess I was wrong.

What about the Grudge? I always heard the Japanese version was way better.
Yeah, Japanese version is way better. Remake just tried to explain everything too much, and I hate that blond chick.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I never saw the nightmare on elm street remake. I know that's not technically a remake but if you make a prequel that far after the series has run it's course, it may as well be a remake.

What are some movies y'all would like to see remade?
There were a few I had thought of before that could be good but I'm half asleep so I'm drawing a blank

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just saw that they are re-making Point Break. A lot of people hate that movie as it is and they're going to make it again.
Who hates Point Break? Point Break is a classic.

The remake is gonna be fucking stupid though.

Favorite remakes off the top of my head:
Cape Fear
The Departed
Dawn of the Dead
The Fly
Scarface
The Hitcher

Too many terrible remakes to list, but that Nightmare on Elm Street remake made me want to burn the theater down lol

Some "meh" remakes that I didn't really hate or like were Friday the 13th, Rob Zombie's Halloween, Total Recall (I know most people hated it because of Arnold nostalgia, but I didn't mind this movie), I'm sure there's a few others I can really think of right now.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
A lot of dudes I know hate Point Break, mainly because of Keanu I think but that movie is dope to me. I still can't believe a woman made that movie for some reason. Kathryn Bigelow is dope.

Was the Hitcher supposed to be a remake of Hitchcock's Hitchhiker?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
A lot of dudes I know hate Point Break, mainly because of Keanu I think but that movie is dope to me. I still can't believe a woman made that movie for some reason. Kathryn Bigelow is dope.

Was the Hitcher supposed to be a remake of Hitchcock's Hitchhiker?
The Hitcher is a remake of a Rutger Hauer movie from the 80's.

Sean Bean is great in it as The Hitcher.

May 9, 2002
I never saw the nightmare on elm street remake. I know that's not technically a remake but if you make a prequel that far after the series has run it's course, it may as well be a remake.

What are some movies y'all would like to see remade?
There were a few I had thought of before that could be good but I'm half asleep so I'm drawing a blank
Who ever hates Point Break should be dick punched. That movie is Awesome. Fuckin Johnny Utah, bitch.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I don't know if I'm just thinking this because he's going to be in Mad Max but I could see Tom Hardy remaking like 20 movies from the 80's and they'd all be cool

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
I never saw the nightmare on elm street remake. I know that's not technically a remake
No, that was a remake. It tried to be a bit darker, but it wasnt a prequel.
And it was so terrible, they arent making a sequel to it. Yet.

The Dawn of the Dead remake from 10 yrs ago still holds up.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
No, that was a remake. It tried to be a bit darker, but it wasnt a prequel.
And it was so terrible, they arent making a sequel to it. Yet.

The Dawn of the Dead remake from 10 yrs ago still holds up.
lol well glad I didn't watch it then.

I thought that Bad News Bears remake was dope. I forgot about that. I thought it was just as funny as the original if not more.

Ironically, that kid that played Kelly Leek or whatever his name was in the original Bad News Bears was the one who played Freddy Kreuger in that Nightmare on Elm Street remake

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Who hates Point Break? Point Break is a classic.

The remake is gonna be fucking stupid though.

Favorite remakes off the top of my head:
Cape Fear
The Departed
Dawn of the Dead
The Fly
Scarface
The Hitcher

Too many terrible remakes to list, but that Nightmare on Elm Street remake made me want to burn the theater down lol

Some "meh" remakes that I didn't really hate or like were Friday the 13th, Rob Zombie's Halloween, Total Recall (I know most people hated it because of Arnold nostalgia, but I didn't mind this movie), I'm sure there's a few others I can really think of right now.
I was gonna prop this, till the last paragraph. Friday The 13th sucked. Total Recall should have been called Total Miss. And I don't care about Arnie in it or not.
The Halloween remake was cool for the first half. The second half not so much. Halloween 2 was bad though. That one sucked.