Batman vs. Superman Teaser Trailer leaked

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
Civil War - Barely has anything to do with the actual comics, except for the reason there is a Civil War. Everything else is off.

Batman vs Superman - Way off. Not even close. Doomsday? Wonder Woman? They have nothing to do with it.

Marvel usually sticks to it's story line but since the end of Civil War is Cap & Iron Man dying, I doubt they wanted to kill them off. Therefore, Marvel Cinematic is dubbed it's own Universe.

DC, I don't even know what they did here...

Either way. Could be good. Could be super cheesy. So far it looks promising...

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
my post in there hit the nail on the head, he's actually playing Lex Luthor like an awkward teenager that just got rich and older lol

I don't get it, the rumors were Bryan Cranston and Joaquin Phoenix were both in talks to play Lex Luthor, both of which probably would have been great. How the fuck to they go from those two to the guy that continuously played awkward teenagers until he turned 30 lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I like Jesse....i wont pass judgement on him until i see the movie in its entirety.

People also weren't sure about Heath Ledger as the Joker role, so....who knows.
The difference between Heath Ledger as the Joker and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is people get extremely hyped and amped up as soon as the first Dark Knight trailers started coming out and Ledger started getting universal love from the trailers alone months before the movie released. Eisenberg is getting pure hatred so far lol

I just don't get why they made Lex Luthor a squirmy, nerdy, awkward weirdo.

They were in talks with Joaquin Phoenix for this role at one point, which probably would have been a classic performance. Instead we get this lol

The newest trailer even shows scenes that look like they're form the beginning, middle, and end of the movie, so I'm guessing he ain't going to transition much.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Loads of cool info in the trailer.

Parademons, sand cave Batman, etc. seems the most out of place thing in the trailer. Some say it's a dream sequence. I tend to believe it's set in the future, but it's possible that scene is canon to the happenings in the film. I'm not sure how Darkseid will fit into the film, as well as Doomsday and pre-bald Luthor, who appears to be wearing a wig, anyway.

There's still a lot of misdirection in the images we've been given. This is the essence of possibly the greatest Batman/Superman fight in Miller's comic, and it's clear they've taken liberties in expanding outward to apply it to the newly built universe.

All of the DC universe stuff is happening way faster than the Marvel universe did, with implications and story arcs being legitimized and processed in just two films, so it seems risky.

Honestly though, starting with a world ending Terra-forming machine that bring Wonder Woman out of the sky and Aquaman out if the ofean, as well as Booster Gold, Cyborg, and Flash coming to the rescue is really exciting.

There was no precedent for world-unfolding until Marvel did it. There may be a lot going on, but I am hoping it all works without feeling too taxing on my brain.

May 16, 2002
In my defense I am not a comic book reader, but I did read and own one particular issue where it kinda sort of stays true to that comic, so I knew what was coming at the end of the film.

In retrospect, I enjoyed this film. I think the "bad" reviews are full of shit and were expecting "The Avengers" with the bright colors, day time lighting etc. Yes, Marvel is great. It's winning, but this "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the almost grey scale, gloomy mysterious feel that makes it great.

I walked in expecting nothing. Kept an open mind and loved it for what it is.

I recommend if you haven't seen the movie "Man of Steel," to watch it prior to watching "Dawn of Justice."

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
In my defense I am not a comic book reader, but I did read and own one particular issue where it kinda sort of stays true to that comic, so I knew what was coming at the end of the film.

In retrospect, I enjoyed this film. I think the "bad" reviews are full of shit and were expecting "The Avengers" with the bright colors, day time lighting etc. Yes, Marvel is great. It's winning, but this "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the almost grey scale, gloomy mysterious feel that makes it great.

I walked in expecting nothing. Kept an open mind and loved it for what it is.

I recommend if you haven't seen the movie "Man of Steel," to watch it prior to watching "Dawn of Justice."
The bad reviews are dead on and no one was expecting bright Avengers colors. If you enjoyed this, god bless you man, but the story to this movie was all fucked.
As bad as I thought it was, batfleck was cool. Wonder Woman is a stand out.
money will be made.