AMC Officially Announces "Preacher"!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2009
One of the best comic arcs of all time is about to make it’s way to the small screen!

AMC and Sony TV have officially announced the development of “Preacher,” a drama hailing from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, says Variety confirming BadassDigest’s exclusive news leaked late last year.

Based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s ’90s comic book series, “‘Preacher’ centers on Reverend Jesse Custer, a tough Texas preacher who has lost his faith and learned that God has left Heaven and abandoned His responsibilities. Custer finds himself the only person capable of tracking God down, and does so with his former girlfriend and a friendly vampire.”

News of the AMC drama development initially broke on blogs in November, but neither the network nor the studio confirmed the project at that time.

“This is amazing!” Rogen and Goldberg said. “We’ve tried for seven years to work on ‘Preacher’ and we’re so psyched AMC is finally letting us. It is our favorite comic of all time, and we’re going to do everything we can to do it right. Humperdoo!”

Rogen and Goldberg, the creatives behind feature film This is the End, will pen the pilot for “Preacher” and exec produce. Sam Catlin (“Breaking Bad”) will serve as exec producer and showrunner. Fellow executive producers include Neal Moritz and Vivian Cannon for Original Films, along with Ori Marmur, Ken Levin and Jason Netter.

Ennis added, “Steve Dillon and I are very happy to see Preacher being developed for TV, which seems a much more natural home for the story than a two-hour movie…Obviously it’s taken awhile, but Ken levin along with Neal Moritz and his team refused to give up, long after the point when I myself grew skeptical, and their unrelenting enthusiasm for the project has gotten us where we need to be.”
cant fuckin wait!!!!!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
It's taken over a decade to even get a script worth producing.

I was reading about this as a film or show prospect in Wizard Mag in the mid-90's.

Jun 23, 2005
Never read any of comics or really knew anyhthing about it . Watched the first episode Sunday and thought it was dope as fuck. I'll for sure be watching this