All Eyez On Me (2pac biopic)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
SOC was really good till the end where Dre had to make himself look a little to good. I dont know about this one though, why now?

May 27, 2015
Kansas City Mo.
Pac's Legacy is a subject that should speak for itself, ive never liked the thought of a 2pac movie because you cant fit Pacs story into a 2 hour, 3 hour, or let alone even a 4 hour movie. If its strictly about Deathrow and Pacs downfall then maybe it has a chance. Im prepared for it to be booboo like Straight Outta Compton. That Murder Rap is prob as good as its gonna get covering the truth

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2014
new info

Lionsgate has set a June 16, 2017 release for the Tupac Shakur biopic “All Eyez on Me,” on what would have been the rapper’s 46th birthday.

“All Eyez on Me” stars Demetrius Shipp, Jr., in his first movie role. The cast of the Morgan Creek movie, filmed last year in Atlanta, includes Danai Gurira, Kat Graham, Annie Ilonzeh, Dominic L. Santana, Jamal Woolard, Keith Robinson, and Cory Hardrict.

“All Eyez on Me” chronicles the life and legacy of the late Shakur, including his rise to superstardom as a hip-hop artist and actor, his imprisonment, and his time at Death Row Records.

“All Eyez on Me” is directed by Benny Boom from a script by Ed Gonzalez and Jeremy Haft. The film’s title is taken from Shakur’s fourth studio album, which was released in early 1996 and sold 10 million of the 75 million in total sales of Shakur’s albums.

The rapper was shot and killed during a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in September 1996. He was 25 years old. His life (and death) have been the subject of at least a dozen documentaries. He was recently portrayed by Marcc Rose in 2015’s “Straight Outta Compton.”

“All Eyez on Me” is produced by James G. Robinson and David C. Robinson of Morgan Creek Productions, along with L.T. Hutton. It was to be distributed by Open Road Films but Lionsgate said Tuesday that it had acquired domestic distribution rights.

“All Eyez on Me” will open against Disney’s “Cars 3” and Sony’s comedy “Rock That Body.”

Tupac Shakur Biopic Set for June Release by Lionsgate | Variety

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
The guy they got to play Tupac is good. He looks like a semi compact version of Tupac though. Not a gripe, just an observation. Other than "yeah" and "right" he doesnt speak for the first 15 mins. And then recites a sonnet from Hamlet. He isnt bad, I just dont know if he was the best that could have been.
Danai Gurira from The Walking Dead plays his mom and their dialogues are the best part of the movie. Her character goes through a full arch from a militant to a drug addict to just a mom.
The character of Jada Pinkett is a major part of this movie, which I had no idea was a thing - according to a sour post from the real Jada Pinkett, she didnt either, or at least she didnt appreciate the story her name is involved in. The actress who player Jada Pinkett was also good.
The guy who played Biggie from the movie Notorious does his thing and this movie makes Biggie look better than the other movie made (Anthony Mackie's) Tupac look.
Theres a narrative thru-line that only goes through 75% of the movie. I like to think theres a better way to tell Tupacs early days but I dont have a better solution.

Over all, its a semi-decent movie that should be 30 mins shorter. Its not the 22% Rotten Tomatoes is giving it, but also not close to the 77% the Audience score on the same site is showing.

Take out the F-Bombs and the tits, its a BET movie.
Edit it with a little more Affeni or Jada, its a Lifetime movie.

Jul 18, 2014
To be honest the movie wasn't bad. The New generation will love it, mostly likely idolize it to say the least lol. It didn't meet my expectations like the doors or even selena status, but its definitely on hector lavoe, or straight outta Comptons level.

Sep 3, 2002

The makers say john singleton wanted to start the movie with Tupac trying to give a white girl anal loving, and then later include a Tupac getting raped in prison. All their claims sound str8 crazy.

John singleton says these two dudes had a lawsuit with afeni.

Then there's the whole jada pinkett love story that didn't exactly happen. They embellished to make the story better. Similarly, Richie Valens and his brother Bob supposedly weren't really like they were in La Bamba, and that MADE the movie.

This movie isn't really FOR ME, Like most things hip hop related these days...
It's for the kids. But long live the Tupac legacy, (happy 46 bday)I truly believe he was the goat. One of those larger than life people like bob Marley.

And wayyyy better than biggie. I think ice cube, nas, or scarface are the only ones that come close

The voice of Tupac was something hard to duplicate. The actor in the movie looks so much like him until he speaks.

Last edited: