Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Are these shows any good? I have never given them a second look, or even a first, but caught the first 1 minute of the pilot for Carter the other night on accident, and it showed a flashback of im assuming Winter Soldier (still haven't seen that yet either). So im thinking about fuckin with it. Is SHIELD any good?

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
SHIELD while in the MCU, is just a formulaic scifi TV show that weeves Marvel references in & out. Take away the Marvel-ness and it could be any other show on syfy.

Agent Carter is a 6-8 week mini series while SHIELD films new eps. But it has an established arch. It has a destination to reach in 2 months whereas SHIELD kind of has no end in sight other than to display backlashes to the next MCU movie.
AC was showing some clips from the first Captain America. It takes place after that movie, but not Winter Solider. But you dont need to have seen either of those movies or Avengers to watch it.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I'd def recommend watching Winter Soldier before watching Agents of Shield. They start dealing with the aftermath of the movie in season 2. It's an alright show, it's getting better but you have to power through season 1. I haven't seen any of Agent Carter yet.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
SHIELD while in the MCU, is just a formulaic scifi TV show that weeves Marvel references in & out. Take away the Marvel-ness and it could be any other show on syfy.
this is not true anymore. after the winter soldier, show been really close to mcu and s2 mid season finale is pretty huge game changer

season 2 been hella dope too

i like the first two episodes of agent carter

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'd def recommend watching Winter Soldier before watching Agents of Shield. They start dealing with the aftermath of the movie in season 2. It's an alright show, it's getting better but you have to power through season 1. I haven't seen any of Agent Carter yet.
The aftermath was chronicled during season 1, starting with the episode titled "Turn, Turn, Turn". The second crossover with Captain America: The Winter Soldier is called "Providence", and it follows the episode above in airing-date. You can watch the show without seeing The Winter Soldier, as the aftermath of the movie is alluded to without going into specifics, though every show after the former deals with S.H.I.E.L.D. finding out about _____, and dealing with those consequences.

The first season is hollow and formulaic, preferring to feature a single bad guy that is ousted by the end of the episode until around the crossover, and then it begins to explore mysteries-in-canon and the people pulling the strings. Season 2 is pretty stellar. The mid-season finale of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a direct reflection and the beginning of one of the movie universe's future films, and explains subtly how characters like Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver (Avengers: Age of Ultron) have "miraculous powers".

Props: Defy and Defy

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yeah, season 2 so far has been pretty intense. The mysteries about S.H.I.E.L.D. go all the way back to right after Captain America "died" at the end of his first film, and they're explored further in Agent Carter.

Props: Defy and Defy

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'm damn near caught up on season 2 and its a lot better than season 1 by leaps & bounds....I think I'm at the episode before the midseason break

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Watched episode 1 of Agents of SHIELD finally. Show seemed wack and I'm a big comic book guy.

I really don't want to sit through 22 episodes of a shitty season 1 to get to a good season 2 either lol wish I wasn't OCD with TV shows and could just start with season 2.

The first few episodes aren't that entertaining and but it did pick up more midseason, especially since it started using tie ins with the marvel movies: the cleanup after the first avengers as well as the cleanup after Thor 2, then the dismantling of shield in cap'n Murica 2. Aside from that it was just "look how quirky these characters are, oh and Tahiti is a magical place"

Most of the lead up until coulson figures out what Tahiti means was boring but that was the the turning point in the series.

Gonna watch the most recent episodes tonight

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Been watching Gotham I like it so far even thought at times it can be cheesy

I wanted to check out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but the intrest isn't all there for me.

Anyone check out Flash? I've been meaning to check it out

Gotham is dope, but there is definitely some cheesy shit in there sometimes.

Fish Mooney is the shit!

Never checked out Flash or Arrow, it seemed like it would be just like smallville which was just a WB cheesy ass soap opera for teens that just happens to use the superman storyline

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I dig Gotham for the most part. The only thing I don't like are the scenes with kid Bruce Wayne. They make him seem like an autistic emo lol.

The other comic series I like is Constantine. Sucks they cut it short to a 13 episode series and might not bring it back for season 2. Hopefully the rumors of the SyFy channel picking it up for season 2 are true.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
Watched episode 1 of Agents of SHIELD finally. Show seemed wack and I'm a big comic book guy.

I really don't want to sit through 22 episodes of a shitty season 1 to get to a good season 2 either lol wish I wasn't OCD with TV shows and could just start with season 2.
just watch the second half of season 1 before season 2

new episode was great

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Damn, the girl in the flower dress was the finest chick on the show....until this shit! Nah, but the new ep ended up being pretty dope and should set up some more interesting shit to go down for the rest of the season...