Who has watched a fight inside a movie theater?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2008
Here is the break down...movie theater = $12.00, at home for the fight = $75.00, at a Sports Bar = $30.00. Does the movie theatre and the big screen in HD hold any attraction for you to come out?

The reason I ask this is because the theater that is right across the street from my office is showing the Mayweather vs Canelo fight for $18.00 pr ticket for a 150 seat capacity room. If I purchased all the tickets at $2,700.00 and resold them out front (with corporate approval) for a discounted price of $12.00 ($6.00 off)...people who buy the tickets are subscribing to the Wall Street Journal (3 week subscription)...Wall Street kicks me back $40.00 per sub for a total of $6,000.00.

The last piece of information is the theater people say they normally sell only 30 tickets for Mayweather fights. I got a couple of bike clubs and car clubs I can get to purchase the tickets...and just make flyers/ posters to hit the general public...any thoughts?

Props: Coach E. No
Mar 18, 2008
Or I might just sell it to the public with a fight t-shirt + plus movie ticket + Wall Street for $12.00 and do it all in reverse besides coming out the pocket on all the tickets up front. Just do it one by one and purchase the tickets as needed on the backside...seeing as I don't think they will sell out.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I saw Guerrero/Mayweather at the theater. There were a handful of legit fans there and that was refreshing. Almost everyone else didn't seem to know dick about boxing and were just there to watch Mayweather and ooooooooo'd and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'd every time he handed a punch no matter how insignificant. Overall, it was a good boxing experience. My wife hates boxing but really enjoyed going with me and wants to go again. It was like 12 bucks here in OKC but other fights have been $25 at the theater. If it costs me that much, I likely wouldn't go.

Props: The Bay Area