UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs. Johnson

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'm picking Rumble based on the fact Rumble isn't scarred to bite down on his mouth piece and swarm Jones. Rumble easily has the heaviest hands in the division right now and I'm not sure Jones is used to people pressuring him. Plus Jones has never been known for one punch power, most of his finishes are by submission. Even when he "TKO'd" Shogun, Shogun wasn't actually out and was tapping to strikes. Jones has even proven to be a little chinny when people do actually tag him, he got a little rocked by both Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida. If Rumble catches him and then swarms him I can see him winning.

If Jones wins it's gonna be if he keeps his distance, tires Rumble out and manages to get a take down and a submission in later rounds.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol @ Matt Mitrione on twitter

Matt Mitrione &#8207 M @Matt mitrione 26m26 minutes ago

This just in: after watching A @Anthony _Rumble demolish Gus, J @jon nyBones just checked back into rehab @ufc

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I'm picking Rumble based on the fact Rumble isn't scarred to bite down on his mouth piece and swarm Jones. Rumble easily has the heaviest hands in the division right now and I'm not sure Jones is used to people pressuring him. Plus Jones has never been known for one punch power, most of his finishes are by submission. Even when he "TKO'd" Shogun, Shogun wasn't actually out and was tapping to strikes. Jones has even proven to be a little chinny when people do actually tag him, he got a little rocked by both Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida. If Rumble catches him and then swarms him I can see him winning.

If Jones wins it's gonna be if he keeps his distance, tires Rumble out and manages to get a take down and a submission in later rounds.
Jones doesn't seem to have much punching power, I don't think there's any question about that. But he's crazy unpredictable with his elbow strikes which are pretty lethal, and his ability to wrestle and check dudes with front kicks or that savate style shin kick make it difficult to get in on him. Even if you do press him and get close, he's a world class wrestler and has shown incredible ability to land those elbow strikes or even just lean on a dude and control the action that way. But I agree, I think he probably can be pressured, but what worked best for Gustaffson was his side to side and in and out movement if I remember correctly. Jon's standup game isn't flawless, but if you can't match his reach, it's really difficult to overcome that.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU

yup if johnson is a pretty big underdog might just got to tahoe and throw some money on him dude is just on beast mode with some heavy hands that attacks don't know how his cardio will hold up tho since he just been destroying fools in the first

Feb 10, 2006
Dana White D @DANA white · 6m 6 minutes ago
Not a bad stoppage the refs are SO SLOPPY. If the ref didn't tackle Mousasi he would have kept that top position Dan would have got smashed

Feb 10, 2006
Rumble/Jones should be fun, i hope Anthony pulls it off, Gus is a class act though. I have even more respect for after Rumble clipped him, nothing but praises from Gus and The Sweedish fans are also very classy.

Feb 10, 2006
So apparently Gus was knocced down by a Johnson headbutt? Theres video of it but i dont know how to post them.

Apr 25, 2002

Bones is gonna clinch and do bo's and knee's, and play with the clock. Bones is a more technical then Rumbles kinda sloppy style, but I don't see Bones exchanging in the pocket. he'd get slept.