UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre 11/4/17

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Or an idiot too proud or too stupid to recognize defeat

Being British I vote the latter

I commend him for not panicking in that situation, I spent years grappling and every single time someone got a deep choke in on me I tapped quick, it's crazy hard not to panic when you can't breathe lol

A lot of BJJ guys understand going to sleep from a choke won't actually hurt you. It's nothing like going to sleep from a KO. You basically just go lights out for a few seconds then wake up confused, but there's no damage to your brain at all, but even experienced guys start to panic even when they realize it won't hurt them.

It could be considered stupid I guess, to some people. To me though I dig that live by the sword, die by the sword mind set.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Joanna was on MMA Hour being a terrible sore loser. The funniest part was she kept claiming she didn't tap, apparently forgetting she tapped on camera live on television lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I didn't hear her being a sore loser, I heard her congratulate Rose.
The entire interview was her stroking her ego talking about how great she is and how she built the division. How she's the only person in the division that matters, how she's the "queen". She seriously compared herself to Muhammad Ali at one point.

The first time she congratulated Rose she literally said "she's the champion now, but I let her be champion" and made the excuse that her mind was running slower, that's why Rose won.

She brought up Rose being "mentally weak" again saying Rose didn't engage her in stare downs because Rose "couldn't take the pressure" lol

The interview was sprinkled with bullshit like "Rose don't hit hard" "It was a fluke" "I don't know what happened" "I never tapped" "I was trying to stand up when it was stopped" "some fans are haters" etc.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Why do so many ppl hate him? To me they're just fighters that I don't know. I hope there is a rematch but I think he will try to dodge it... The only contender I didn't expect to win was Thug Rose, but I underestimated her.
just the whole way he fucked over Alpha male, and then dissed them, did you not see TUF when Cody stood up for him vs Conor when he was talking shit? dude is just a bitch, and he's already dodging him, says he won't give a rematch like a bitch

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Why would Cody get a rematch though? He never even defended the belt. Generally instant rematches for champions are reserved for long time champs like when BJ Penn and Anderson Silva got instant rematches after losing. Also Jose Aldo, but his instant shot was for the interim belt, cause Conor was up fucking with higher weight classes at the time.

I'd be all for Joanna getting an instant rematch. 6 defenses definitely deserves one, but not Cody.

Dec 11, 2006
just the whole way he fucked over Alpha male, and then dissed them, did you not see TUF when Cody stood up for him vs Conor when he was talking shit? dude is just a bitch, and he's already dodging him, says he won't give a rematch like a bitch
I'm not a tj fan but he did explain not giving the rematch right away. He didn't get one after a split decision to cruz so why give Cody his right away basically. Honestly I think that whole division is kinda lacking if you're not Cody or tj but let's see if the bullshit DJ fight pops up

Props: :ab: and :ab:
Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Okay good points, but who should TJ fight, im not about dude leaving the weight class to fight DJ , defend the belt, maybe Tj Vs Cruz then if Tj Loses TJ Vs Cody for title shot? theres nobody in the Div worth a shit to be honest maybe faber comes out of rertirement and fights TJ? id pay to see that but wouldn't pay much to see anyone else besides those 3 to fight TJ