UFC 214 - Cormier vs Jones 2 [7/29/17]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Fight was great. Jones said all the right things and honored DC. DC never had a chance and I respect him for taking the L to heart and accepting that he is a lesser opponent in this matchup.

DC would make mince meat out of a faggot like infinity so stay in your lane, youre a rl pussy.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
title defense number 1 saved by a draw, which the UFC, most fans, and journalists thought his opponent won, thus they gave his opponent an instant rematch

title defense number 2 saved by a majority decision, which means one judge gave it a draw and the UFC, most fans and journalists thought his opponent won yet again, but the UFC had to move on

title defense number 3 won in a fight that broke the record for least strikes thrown in a UFC championship match, which would make you think there was at least grappling going on right? Nope lol

Do the math

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Gus and jones gave each other a huge beating last time. Jones went away in a stretcher.
I had Gus winning that fight 3 rounds to 2. Jones had to be carried out of the cage by his coaches and carried out of the arena on a stretcher. Gus was in the club that night lol

This picture says a lot about that fight

I think it will be another war if they fight again.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
where would you put him amongst McGregor and de Randamie?
McGregor KO'd the FW GOAT in 13 seconds and obliterated Eddie Alvarez who has spent 10 years in the top 10 in the world to win his belts. Are you insinuating McGregor is a terrible champion because he hasn't defended yet or something? It's only been 9 months since he beat Eddie man, many champions have gone way longer.

de Randamie at least went to war to win her title and refused to fight a proven steroid cheat, granted she's a duck, but at least she stood by in her principles. Go back to earlier in this thread and I even said GDR would have smoked the Cyborg that showed up to this show.

Apr 25, 2002
McGregor KO'd the FW GOAT in 13 seconds and obliterated Eddie Alvarez who has spent 10 years in the top 10 in the world to win his belts. Are you insinuating McGregor is a terrible champion because he hasn't defended yet or something? It's only been 9 months since he beat Eddie man, many champions have gone way longer.

de Randamie at least went to war to win her title and refused to fight a proven steroid cheat, granted she's a duck, but at least she stood by in her principles. Go back to earlier in this thread and I even said GDR would have smoked the Cyborg that showed up to this show.

i dont care that McGregor ko'd Aldo in 13 seconds. he was a champ from that point on, not prior. dont tell me you believe in interims?

so you win a belt, then instead of defending it, like champs are suppose to do, you fight a lw at ww. then you lose. then instead of going back to feather and being a champ, and defending your championship, you go back and fight a lw at ww again.

thats not a terrible champ? holding up a division by fighting outside your belt weight? im not saying i disagree with his strategy. he's a genius. but thats a terrible fucking feather weight champ.

then, as feather champ, he runs through Alvarez at lw. great. he just looked the best he ever looked in my eyes and dismantled a real factor. he's a lw champ from that point on, not prior.

then instead of defending one of your belts, you sign a boxing contract.

how is this not a terrible champ? he's a genius, he's a very skilled fighter, but he's a terrible champ... at this point.

i been a de Randamie fan since Strikeforce. not knocking her skill. but she won the belt then ducked the woman she knew (guarenteed) she would have to fight then dropped down back to 135. im glad she stuck to her principles and now she'll be in history as UFC first ever 145 womens champ so she knew what she was fighting for. but how is that not a terrible champ?

i get why people think Tyron's the worst champ ever but i get why people think McGregor and de Randamie are too. i didn't enjoy Tyron's last 3 defenses, but he defended. that's the one (3) thing(s) he has over McGregor and de Randamie.

Apr 25, 2002
i dont have a definition of best/worst champs. im sure me and you have opinions on each champ, depending on what definition we use. im just pointing out McGregor and de Randamie won a belt(s) that they never defended by jumping weight classes. thats so bad nobody does it.

now most boring title reign ever? Tyron. i blame Wonderboy just as much. and i wasn't looking forward to Tyron vs Maia. i knew that shit would play out like that. 2 guys with very old school mma styles. im surprised any of you who watch mma were surprised.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Personally I weigh zero defenses better than 3 defenses were he arguably lost 2 of them and the 3rd was a who the fuck cares who won. It's all subjective though and in my subjective opinion Woodley is the worst champion of all time. I'll even say people like Dave Menne, Evan Tanner, Matt Serra, Carlos Newton, etc. were better champions than Woodley.

Wasn't surprised by Woodley and Maia at all. I've been watching Woodley get booed out of arenas since he was in Strikeforce. Just another day in his career.