UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor [11/12/16]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Um,Dana wants to milk his cash cow for what it's worth, not feed him to the wolves
Dana is a huge Khabib fan and has been trying to book him in a title fight for 3 years.

In 15 years Dana has never protected cash cows. In the UFC's mind they can make new stars. If Dana was worried about that he wouldn't have booked Conor to fight Nate Diaz again right away after Nate choked him out in the 2nd round.

Apr 25, 2002
Yes but that 4th round was a definite 2pt advantage for Woodley and the rematch is already confirmed
i dont see that 4th rd as a 10-8. could've been, until Wonderboy recovered at the end and mounted Woodley. not a good 10-8, but that dont mean judges wont score it that way, which 1 judge did. but 1 judge even scored the 1st rd 10-8 for Woodley. shows you they be on some bullshit.

Dana said (that night) that Wonderboy gets the rematch, but it dont mean shit until both contracts are signed. there should be no question but you always have to question anything Dana White says. especially when you throw McGregor in the mix at this point.

imo, every judge was on some dumb shit.
Yellow - rd 3
White - rd 1
Blue - rd 4

Apr 25, 2002
Conor vs. Khabib, book it Dana

do you think it should be Khabib over Cucuy?

i dont know who deserves it more. both have their arguments. personally, the last couple years i seen them both as the future champ. they both have good mouth pieces that would work real good with McGregors mouth. i think Cucuy's bout to get real vocal with it too. Khabib was trending on Yahoo earlier and he did a real good call out at 205. Khabib was mentioned on First Take (Max said he'd beat McGregor) and Snoop even mentioned him on instagram sayin he'd beat McGregor, which these dudes probably didn't know who Khabib was prior, but this is a popularity contest. he has a strong Russian following which can take this shit to a bigger level. as far as climbing the ladder, Cucuy deserves it.

Apr 25, 2002
i dont see UFC giving McGregor Pettis or Cowboy. Cowboy is a welter now. McGregor has to defend either of his current belts, or fight for a third belt. Pettis wont get a shot cus Aldo is interim feather and Pettis lost his last 3 at LW before getting a feather weight win.

i think there are 5 potential fights for McGregor right now.

Aldo, who he should fight first.
Khabib or Ferguson, both top contenders at LW.
Tyron, just to try to get 3 belts.
Nate, just to do that trilogy at LW and for the belt.

Tyron pretty much said he'll fight McGregor at the post fight press conference. deep down i think UFC wants that.

only Aldo, Khabib or Ferguson makes sense but nothin got to make sense in UFC.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
he might be a fan but he did him dirty givin him contracts for Alvarez at 205 and 206 then voiding the contracts when McGregor took the fight.
The problem was Eddie Alvarez refused to sign a fight with Khabib because he wanted a money fight, Eddie would only sign a contract to fight McGregor and nobody else. Blame Eddie more than the UFC. Which I kind of understand why Eddie did it, he probably realized with all of the miles he has on his body he probably didn't have much longer and wanted a million dollar pay day.

Yes but that 4th round was a definite 2pt advantage for Woodley and the rematch is already confirmed
You can't give somebody an 8 when the finish they round on top raining punches down on the round winner. 10-9 round easy. Judges were stupid for ignoring the last minute of the round.