UFC 196: Werdum vs. Velasquez 2 [2/6/16]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Main Event time, is Hendricks gonna actually stand and trade and try to finish like he said he would during this entire build up?

I have a feeling he's full of shit and is gonna go pure dry hump mode.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
This fight kind of has me thinking. This USADA testing just started and Hendricks is magically at his smallest going in to a fight and looked really weak in the cage lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
but i think a lot of dudes was on some shit.
There's a lot of fighters who instantly deflated as soon as USADA testing went crazy. All of these fighters just happened to make the decision to "diet" the moment this testing started lol

For example both Hendricks and Weidman used to be some of the biggest in their divisions and within the matter of 3-4 months they were tiny and didn't even have to cut weight. Weidman went from cutting from 220 to being 190 on fight week and looked like a midget against Rockhold. Hendricks went from unable to make weight just 4 months ago in October to being 173 at the start of fight week.

It's a funny coincidence that the dieting craze started as soon as testing got crazy. I think this USADA testing is about to expose a lot of fighters.

Feb 10, 2006
Wonderboy is the truth he had Johny looking hella confused in there. Condit v Wonderboy for #1 contender fight pending a GSP return against Robbie. Or Woodley.

Feb 10, 2006
CM Punk says he's slated for back surgery; UFC debut delayed again

Mickey Gall is gonna wreck CM Punk lol

Something tells me Punk doesn't show up for the fight due to "injury".

LOL

The long-awaited UFC debut of Phil “CM Punk” Brooks is going to have to wait a little longer.

The former WWE star and MMA newcomer today told MMAFighting.com he’s slated for back surgery today to correct a herniated disc. He reportedly expected a four- to six-month recovery and hopes to fight by year’s end.

“My back has always bugged me,” Punk told MMAFighting.com. “Figured it was just wrestling (expletive). Turns out it was.

“It got bad enough to the point where I couldn’t do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage. The next day I couldn’t. I’ve been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy – nothing worked.”

The news comes at an unfortunate time. Although signed to the UFC in 2014, Punk’s debut date had never been officially set. However, it appeared to be a mere formality after this past weekend’s UFC Fight Night 82 event.

Welterweight Mickey Gall (2-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) won his UFC debut by 45-second submission to set up the fight with Punk. They had an in-cage face-off, and oddsmakers had already set the line (with Gall a substantial -300 favorite) for the bout.

That fight was then expected to take place in the coming months at UFC 199 or UFC 200, but Punk’s surgery is likely to push it back even further.

[ame=http://bcove.me/lcnlnv6n]Click_MMAj_IRISTV[/ame]