UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm 11/14/15

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
she does need to start from scratch. she came in as a Judo practitioner, nothing more. she needs to strip down and train as a complete fighter. she'll always have her Judo and armbar but Holly Holm was able to neutralize that shit which no one else has been able to do. took Rondas own weapon out of her hand. Ronda needs more weapons.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Ronda's whole thing is that she's a spaz that has no composure, so when she gets pissed off like she did vs Tate/Correia/Holm she just runs at them with her hips square and her chin up because no one's bothering to tell her that she fights like an idiot when she's not trying to grapple. Simple fix, but word is she won't leave Edmond sooooo who knows how the rematch goes

Apr 25, 2002
Ronda's whole thing is that she's a spaz that has no composure, so when she gets pissed off like she did vs Tate/Correia/Holm she just runs at them with her hips square and her chin upbecause no one's bothering to tell her that she fights like an idiot when she's not trying to grapple.

she super did that to Holm when she knocked Holms mouthpiece out. Ronda saw her piece fall and ran about 5 feet forward tryna knock Holms teeth out. some sucka shit cus she was hella butt hurt. Holm could have timed a shot that would have slept Ronda but she didn't want to risk her teeth. that was just as cheap as the after the bell shot. i never liked Ronda's attitude but that shit she pulled from the weigh ins up to the cheap shots in the octagon were disgusting.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
So after a few days of thinking about this.

Ronda was not prepared. UFC has been using her as a show pony for years, and I think it finally caught up to her. Something has to give, her entire focus was not on the fight. She even looked flabby, compared to Holy who was ripped. Its hard to stay on top of your game, with media obligations, movies ect.

I think Ronda is a world class athlete, and this has the potential to get her back to basics. She may never learn to be as good as striking as Holy, but I believe she has the skill set to get proficient. She needs to evaluate everyone close to her, and surround herself with world class coaching, and sparring partners. I think she should not directly rematch Holy, let Holy defend the title a few time. Let Ronda smash a couple contenders, get her confidence back, and workout her game a little.

I'm not prepared to fully write her off yet, it just depends more on her mental strength.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
The Herd made a good point, most the greatest upsets (Boxing/ MMA) tend to happen overseas, when fighters are out there element, and are a spectacle.

Yet, Mayweather, is a creature of habit, and refuses to fight outside MGM. Which thinking about it is smart as hell. Its like home field advantage for him.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
The Herd made a good point, most the greatest upsets (Boxing/ MMA) tend to happen overseas, when fighters are out there element, and are a spectacle.

Yet, Mayweather, is a creature of habit, and refuses to fight outside MGM. Which thinking about it is smart as hell. Its like home field advantage for him.
Sokoudjou-Nog: Vegas
Serra-GSP: Houston
Werdum-Fedor: San Jose
Gonzaga-Cro Cop: Manchester
Dillashaw-Barao: Vegas
Weidman-Anderson: Vegas
Warren-Kid: Japan

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Yeah that sounds made up. He's probably going off the most publicized and one of the biggest odds upsets being Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson in Japan.

If you go through the upsets of the year every year most of them are either in the states or in the fighter that got upset home country where I doubt this rule will apply (i.e. Jaro KO'ing Pong happened in Thailand where Pong spent almost all of his career fighting)

Apr 25, 2002
So after a few days of thinking about this.

Ronda was not prepared. UFC has been using her as a show pony for years, and I think it finally caught up to her. Something has to give, her entire focus was not on the fight. She even looked flabby, compared to Holy who was ripped. Its hard to stay on top of your game, with media obligations, movies ect.

I think Ronda is a world class athlete, and this has the potential to get her back to basics. She may never learn to be as good as striking as Holy, but I believe she has the skill set to get proficient. She needs to evaluate everyone close to her, and surround herself with world class coaching, and sparring partners. I think she should not directly rematch Holy, let Holy defend the title a few time. Let Ronda smash a couple contenders, get her confidence back, and workout her game a little.

I'm not prepared to fully write her off yet, it just depends more on her mental strength.

Daniel Cormier said she needs a year off which sounds about right. instead of making movies she needs to find a good boxing (or kickboxing) coach and wrestling coach. it's not too crazy for her to be out for a minute, but as this huge star it would sound weird. Randa Markos went from no boxing skill to pretty nice skill within 1 fight. it can happen if you have the right coach and determination. Jon Jones only trained like 6 or 7 months before getting signed to UFC. you don't need "years" of training, just real solid training. if she leaves Edmond I believe she will come back better and a more rounded fighter. she's a 10 in Judo and 10 in armbars. she's about a 1 or 2 in every other possible aspect of mma. it's better to be a 5-8 in everything like every other fighter.