UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
So far

Nate Diaz
Faber
Mendes
Edgar
Stephens

all have expressed their desire to fulfill the spot if Jose cant fight.

Apr 25, 2002
Nate Diaz is now tweeting saying hes willing to fight conor if no one else is going to step up. Now that's a scrap I wouldn't mind watching
Nate took down his tweet, which is funny cus he don't take down tweets even if he's doggin on UFC or DW. hopefully DW told him to take it down so they can negotiate and then "surprise" the fans. Nate aint even been training tho.

Nick tweeted too. don't know if it was to pour salt on UFC's wounds, or a subtle nod to Nate vs McGregor. and the only reason Nate turned down Matt Brown for the Aldo vs McGregor card is cus he knew it would help sell and he didn't want McGregor to get all the credit.

Apr 25, 2002
DW tweeted a happy face.

Nick Diaz took down his tweet he did in regards to the situation, and now he retweeted 2 of Ariel Helwanis tweets about the fight, which I don't think Nick would give a fuck about, unless it's to pump the sitch.

DW knows Nate could super help sell the fight and can talk shit like McGregor. plus if they fight at catch weight, and if McGregor loses, it wouldn't affect his place in line for an Aldo title shot, in which they've probably broken records as far as budget. and he doesn't need justification for the fight, as far as rankings and recent win/loss ratio.

Mendes tweeted he's on his way to Vegas, but unless it's to sign paper work, it probably has nothing to do with the fight, since he trains in Sac, which isn't far by plane. and putting McGregor against Mendes or Edgar would jeopardize all the money they put into the promo. Mendes and Edgar aren't going to pump a fight for the casual fans.

shit got more interesting.

Feb 10, 2006
They're taking down the promos at the MGM grand as we speak, plus Dana just tweeted saying the fight is off. Damn it!!

Feb 10, 2006
In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib. Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.

With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.

While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete.

UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.

Feb 10, 2006
lol, like I did...

Dana White ‏@danawhite 3m3 minutes ago
Just an FYI this is why u should never read or trust BJ Penn. Com. This is literally the MGM right NOW!!

Its the biggest fight of the year and recent memory. I was nervous it was going to get canned(still a possibility, hope not) lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Rumor now is Conor's knee has been injured since they did that big tour a few months ago. Rumor is he injured it grappling with Rory Macdonald. He's apparently been getting stem cell injections in his knee for 3 months to keep it in decent shape.

Rumor is from Front Row Brian though, dude gets some shit right and some shit wrong, so who knows.

Apr 25, 2002
Aldo had a real broken rib. all that shit DW said about "Doctors said it was a bruised rib" was probably American doctors, probably on UFC payroll. McGregor can say Aldo was scared all he wants. it's just mind games.

McGregor was so honored that Schwarzenegger said he was "one of the greatest athletes of all time". first of all, based on what? and fuck Arnold. McGregor is the one who demanded that the Mendes fight be for the interim. UFC's fucking wack.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
LOL, WUT?

LOL

Sinead O'Connor to Sing Conor McGregor into the Octagon for UFC 189
By Sean Fay, UK Staff Writer
Jul 2, 2015

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Jose Aldo calls interim belt ‘a toy’ Conor McGregor can show his drunk friends in Ire

Jose Aldo finally broke the silence.

The UFC featherweight champion, forced out of a UFC 189 clash with Conor McGregor with a rib injury, released a statement on his injury, the UFC’s decision to create an interim title for the winner of McGregor vs. Chad Mendes, and Dana White’s comments on him pulling out of five title fights due to injuries.

For three months, I trained three times a day. I invested my time and money, bringing training partners from Brazil and other countries, to do the best training camp of my life so I would be ready to defend by belt for the eighth time on July 11. Unfortunately, I fractured my rib during a training session, which I can prove from an official medical report, and besides trying my best to fight, I was forced the other way and that made me really sad. Only I, my family, coaches and teammates know how hard I worked to represent Brazil again.

My decision was made in respect to the UFC and the fans that today see me as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. I couldn’t fight without being 100 percent physically and with a rib injury that could get worse if I got hit in the ribs. Many people told me to fight anyway because of the money I could make, but I wouldn’t sell myself for any money, no matter how much. I fight for love and I do it for my country. Money comes in second place, it’s like a shadow: when you try catching it, you can’t, but when you move forward, it follows you. Money ends some day, but legacy and things you do becomes part of the history, and that’s what I value the most.

I’m the UFC champion since April 2011, defended my belt seven times in four years, and will do it for the eighth time in 2015, an average of twice a year. And I’m not even mentioning WEC, a Zuffa-owned company, like the UFC, where I became the champion in 2009 and put my belt on the line twice in less than a year. That why I can’t agree with UFC’s decision to have an interim champion in my division citing the five opportunities that I couldn’t defend my belt.

If those fights had occurred, I would have done 12 title fights in four years in the UFC, an average of three fights a year, something that no other UFC champion did. A UFC champion rarely does three title defenses in one year. So that can’t be the main reason why they are creating an interim title, but the UFC is a private company which I work for, so I can’t complain about its decision, but I can’t say I agree either.

As of my opponent, who told me to step up and fight like a man, I can’t say anything about a man that imitates a TV series character (Travis Fimmel, from Vikings). That’s really who he wanted to be, because he’s probably ashamed of being who he really is, so he imitates his lines, his style and this actor’s tattoos. He’s an artist, but not from martial arts, but cheap comedy. It’s disrespectful with the actor, and with real athletes. He should look for a stage and not an Octagon. The Octagon is my kingdom and there’s place for only one king, which is me. If he wants to participate, he can be the joker he already is.

If he beats Chad Mendes, the only thing he will have is a toy belt to show his drunk friends in his country’s bars, because that’s what an interim belt represents to me: a toy. I am the champion.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Aldo had a real broken rib. all that shit DW said about "Doctors said it was a bruised rib" was probably American doctors, probably on UFC payroll. McGregor can say Aldo was scared all he wants. it's just mind games.

McGregor was so honored that Schwarzenegger said he was "one of the greatest athletes of all time". first of all, based on what? and fuck Arnold. McGregor is the one who demanded that the Mendes fight be for the interim. UFC's fucking wack.
works both ways he magically got a piss test thrown away he could have paid a brazilian doctor to say it was fractured