UFC 186: Mighty Mouse vs. Horiguchi

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Mighty Mouse is annoying as fuck. He uses a physical tool, his speed and cardio to wear down opponents. I get it, this is a sport and you gotta use your tools, but his fights are fucking boring.

Every single other top 10 fighter in this division are actually exciting fighters.

Mighty Mouse's career basically consists of he's the fastest guy in the division, that's it. When he fought Dodson who is almost as fast he got exposed and almost got KO'd.

What makes it even more annoying is he built his career off of bullshit decisions before he was even champion. He got his shot at 135 against Dominic Cruz by winning a robbery decision over Miguel Torres. He got his shot at 125 off of that weird ass night where the judges fucked up the score cards against Ian McCall.

Jan 18, 2006
I dont understand why they have flyweights in the main event on ppv anyways. Good to Rampage win even if it was against a bum

Apr 25, 2002
I dont understand why they have flyweights in the main event on ppv anyways.
i don't mind the flyweights on ppv. they need a boost.

a lot of 30-50 year olds don't like small dudes cus they been watching since UFC was "Bloodsport". no chicks. no small dudes. pretty much no rules. little kid-30 year olds who been watching it as (post-Bloodsport) mma are the ones that need to be exposed to the raw smaller dudes and chicks. that age group has a chance.

the 3 chick fights on the card were all raw as fuck. 2 of'em were on fight pass and the other was a prelim. the 2 newest classes that can make them so much money, and they only care about Rousey and Paige Vanzant.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I like most of the flyweights, just not Mighty Mouse. I'm a big fan of John Dodson, Ian McCall (although he looked like shit against Lineker after the first round), Lineker (not sure if he's permanent 135 now), Joe B, Henry Cejudo, Horiguchi, John Moraga, and even One Punch Pickett (even though he's kind of become a punching bag).

Mighty Mouse is in Jon Fitch territory, spends years dominating, gets boo'ed out of arenas. It's hard for the UFC to sell the division when the champion of it only fills up half an arena and half of that half leaves before he even fights. His last three fights there were reports of the arena emptying out before and during his fight.

They should keep him on free TV and build the more exciting flyweights on pay per view. Honestly Mighty Mouse's best bet right now is to headline a Fox Sports 1 card in a smaller arena. I don't even think a major Fox network card should have him at this point, he's already shown to be ratings cancer in the Fox network shows he headlined.