UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006

January 31, 2015 | MGM Grand Garden Arena | Las Vegas, Nevada

MAIN CARD
Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano
for women's bantamweight title

Raquel Pennington vs. Holly Holm
Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
Tony Ferguson vs. Yancy Medeiros
Mark Munoz vs. Roan Carneiro

PRELIMINARY CARD

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
Roman Salazar vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
Derrick Lewis vs. Ruan Potts
James Krause vs. Valmir Lazaro

PRELIMINARY CARD
UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET

Dhiego Lima vs. Tim Means

Masio Fullen vs. Alexander Torres

This was 184 before, still not a bad card. Pretty good if you aske me, might have to stream or hit a bar up for this one though.

Weidman-Belfort
Rousey-Zingano
Romero-Jacare
Mir-Big Foot
Pennington-Holm

Feb 10, 2006
Brett Okamoto ‏@bokamotoESPN 2m2 minutes ago
CSAC executive director Andy Foster has informed me Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano have passed random drug tests. Fight is officially a go.

Feb 10, 2006
People actually pay money to see this?
I think events with female fighters on there (especially the main and co main) should be 24.95 at most.

This event took a big hit due to the injuries(last minute) so it was hard for the UFC to get a replacement for Belfort. He had a couple but turned em down due to his title shot. So yeah this is what were stucc with. Ronda is a pretty good draw (even for a female) and does better than a lot of male/big name fighters. Nothing stands out but solid nonetheless. I actually thought they should've shifted to a UFC on Fox card but whats done is done...

Apr 25, 2002
People actually pay money to see this?
I think events with female fighters on there (especially the main and co main) should be 24.95 at most.
most fights should be 24.95, period.

UFC got like 50 fighters in each male weight class and most of them aint shit. I rather watch Rousey, Zingano, and Holm over most dudes.

Feb 10, 2006
this PPV puts a lot of pressure on Rousey. that's DW's star and pretty much her name is the only name that's there with the casual fans. throwing her on Fox woulda devalued her.

Yea true, but they're also going to lose tons of money if this PPV don't sell. Which it won't

Apr 25, 2002
Zingano can win, she just needs to not under estimate Rousey's stand up game. Alexis Davis and Sara McMann did and they got caught by surprise. they didn't "worry" bout Ronda on her feet and it ended up fucking them.
plus Zingano has to focus more on BJJ than Rousey's Judo throws. it don't matter how you get on the ground, it's what you do on the ground.

imo Marion Reneau has the best chance of beating Rousey right now.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Zingano is the first fighter Ronda has faced that might actually be as physical strong as her. Cat is better on the feet and Ronda shouldn't be able to bully her in to an arm bar like she does the physically weaker girls. That said Ronda straight up demolishes everyone and that could still end up happening lol

Feb 10, 2006
I'd like to see Cat come out and work the jab, it seems that all these fighters try to do is bulldoze Ronda and rush her into clinches, that's all part of her gameplan is for you to get inside with her. She needs to picc her spots, use the jab circle and do it again. Once she's in the groove then start to picc her apart with boxing.

EASIER SAID THAN DONE OF COURSE...

Feb 10, 2006
I've always found it weird that she walks around like at 145-150 and cuts to 135. For a female to do that and come back strog on fight night is too much on a woman's body. Dolce be playing the system and his fighters cuz once they get too drained out the fall and fall hard.