UFC 183 SILVA VS DIAZ - 1/31/15

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
No shit man, don't get me wrong i'm a fan of Diaz, but damn Silva worked this fight, Diaz did a damn good showing bc we're used to seeing Silva just dominate and this was the best match up I have seen against Silva and hope that Diaz sticks around and maybe a rematch in the future, but no way did Diaz win.....this just seems to be the norm on every title fight decision
Silva's my fav fighter off bat, but dude was scared. he didn't work shit and im sure the judges gave Silva points for shots Nick blocked. everybody saying Silva wasn't the same, I think he's the same, difference is he was scared of Nick Diaz. just like GSP and Condit. Diaz last 3 fights coulda been the coldest but no one wants any.

Apr 25, 2002
I thought Diaz won 1 round at best. Even the punches he landed didn't do any damage of any kind and Silva wasn't even checking the leg kicks and they had no effect on him. Diaz was hurt multiple times, as evidenced by him advancing early then backtracking the rest of the fight and his face getting busted up by clean punches.
you cant judge on a bloody face. one shot can bust your sht. you can also get hit, not bleed, but be in a different dimension. damage is relative and you don't judge that way. and not checking kicks don't mean shit. Silva kept tryna push Nicks knee cap backwards. Nick didn't check any of them and they don't do damage unless you get your knee's blew through. Still, im sure the judges gave Silva points for those.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
No matter who won, no way was the score 50-45. Thats a joke. Diaz atleast won two rounds. Im ok with Silva getting the win but get real with some of these wack judges. Got Em!!
yeah i agree i think he got three but it wasn't what they scored it and Diaz had e dying when he was laying down and doing all that shit

Props: CZAR and CZAR

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
you cant judge on a bloody face. one shot can bust your sht. you can also get hit, not bleed, but be in a different dimension. damage is relative and you don't judge that way. and not checking kicks don't mean shit. Silva kept tryna push Nicks knee cap backwards. Nick didn't check any of them and they don't do damage unless you get your knee's blew through. Still, im sure the judges gave Silva points for those.
I totally agree with the first part of what you said, BUT, that wasn't the case with Diaz here. He was hit clean with multiple shots and looked like he got his nose busted and his eye was cut, then swollen more and more as the fight went on. I don't think blood should be scored, especially in the UFC, but busting up someone's face with clean strikes should count for something.

I don't like the strikes around the knee unless it's on the side of the knee, but Jones is the one that seems to have really started and taken advantage of that. In real fighting, that's fair game, but in competition it shouldn't be allowed IMO. But you're right, he probably scored on those kicks a lot.

Apr 25, 2002
He was hit clean with multiple shots and looked like he got his nose busted and his eye was cut, then swollen more and more as the fight went on. I don't think blood should be scored, especially in the UFC, but busting up someone's face with clean strikes should count for something.
I feel you but with that logic Nick Diaz shoulda won the GSP fight. GSP threw some shots here and there and humped Nicks back all night. after the fight GSP looked like he got his face bombed on for 25 minutes straight. Also, im pretty sure both Diaz's got their eye socket bone shaved down cus their prone to getting that part of their face busted up. Heather Jo Clark is prone to getting her eyes swoll.

Holly Holm broke her arm blocking a kick in her last fight. there's no way the judges woulda gave Juliana Werner points for that kick, but she caused major damage.

plus some "connected" shots don't hurt as much as some blocked shots. blocking a shot will block a point, but the shit still hurts.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
lol @ ppl thinkin Diaz got "robbed". Look, im a huge Diaz fan and a huge Silva fan but i gave Diaz 1 round, if any. I thought anderson looked gun shy tho and took it easy on Diaz. Nick should've threw more punches tho too, that soft leg kicc wasn't hurting Silva, he wasn't even checcin it. I did love the taunting from Diaz tho lol

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
T-Wood's excuse was that he broke his foot in the first round.

@TWooodley 7m7 minutes ago
Well @UFC fans I broke my foot N the 1st rnd. I never want 2 make excuses so I pushed through & kept… Instagram

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Report: UFC Blocks $6 Million Payment to Anderson Silva After Failed Drug Test | Bleacher Report

Anderson Silva's February is going from bad to worse, it seems.

According to Brazilian sports website Veja.com.br (via Bloody Elbow's Fernando Arbex), the UFC has blocked a 16 million Brazilian Real payment (approximately $6 million USD) to the former middleweight champion due to Silva's failed drug test ahead of UFC 183.

For those who somehow missed it, The Spider failed a pre-fight drug test ahead of his UFC 183 headlining bout opposite former Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz. The cause? Not one, but two anabolic steroids: drostanolone and androstane. The drug-test failure will likely be accompanied by his win over Diaz being overturned to a no-contest, alongside a hefty fine.

While the reported move to withhold Silva's payment is interesting in and of itself, the bigger story is the seeming size of Silva's UFC 183 payday. According to MMAjunkie (via MMAPayout.com), Silva's disclosed payout for the fight totaled $800,000 ($600,000 to show, $200,000 to win), one of the highest in UFC history. Disclosed payouts, however, do not include pay-per-view points, locker room bonuses or sponsorships, making Silva's reported $6 million haul come as a surprise.

Silva (as well as Diaz, who tested positive for illegal levels of marijuana metabolites for the third time in his MMA career) will be required to appear before the Nevada State Athletic Commission for a preliminary hearing on February 17.

To this point, Silva has vehemently denied using any performance-enhancing drugs, and the UFC has voiced its support of its embattled star and has already promised to retain his services for the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, during which he will coach opposite fellow former UFC champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.