UFC 183 SILVA VS DIAZ - 1/31/15

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
funniest shit (to me) was Nate's walk out in the Benson Henderson fight. dude had on a (209) Ziggy's beanie, which is a smoke shop. to me that was a big "fuck you" to UFC and the (mma) power's that looked down on weed. before that, Nick was the only one putting his weed on blast.

Feb 10, 2006
Dana just posted this on Twitter.

D @DANA white 2m2 minutes ago
#WhereIsNickDiaz #UFC183 #UFC

I guess Diaz was not on the flight to Vegas. lol. Dont fucc this up dude! This is my dream fight. I suspect we'll see him today or tomorrow for media day

Feb 10, 2006
Just came across this lol.
B @ben fowlkesMMA 2m2 minutes ago
Cesar Gracie once told me he had to buy Nick a new ticket when he got off a plane to eat a burrito on a layover and didn't get back on. So.

Feb 10, 2006
Tate vs McMann shoulda been main card shit. that's nonsence.
I dont mind it at all, its not like one of these chiccs are fighting for a number 1 contenders fight. Both have lost to Ronda, Tate losing to both. Tate is a recognizable mainstream name to cap off the prelims into the ppv. The one problem i have is the Lineker/ Uncle Creepy fight, that fight has implications for that division and should've replaced Tim/Thales fight on the main card.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
Nick Diaz's agent says Diaz is accounted for: 'Everyone knows where he is'

LAS VEGAS --Nick Diazis not missing in action.

Diaz's agent Lloyd Pierson told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday morning that Diaz is accounted for and "everyone knows where he is."
The first UFC Embedded episode for UFC 183 implied that Diaz missed his flight from Sacramento on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning, UFC president Dana White tweeted a graphic of Nick Diaz on a milk carton, asking everyone if they knew where Diaz was.
Pierson said the UFC is just messing around. Diaz, who meets Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 183 on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, has a past history of skipping out on media obligations.
"It's just the spinning at work," Pierson said.
Diaz did not miss his flight Tuesday, Pierson said. He did not get on his originally scheduled flight, but that was the plan all along. Diaz, Pierson said, will be arriving in Las Vegas on Wednesday morning and will be on time to open workouts Wednesday afternoon.
"This isn't the old Nick not showing up," Pierson said. "There were some logistical issues. Everything is on schedule now.
"Everyone knew what was going on. The camera made it seem like he missed his flight. He didn't get on his original flight and everyone knew he wasn't getting on his original flight."
Diaz (26-9, 1 NC) has not fought since March 2013, a welterweight title loss to Georges St-Pierre. Still, the Stockton bad boy, known for his relentless pace, iron chin and idiosyncratic interviews, is one of the most popular figures in MMA and this bout with Silva, the greatest UFC champion of all time, is highly anticipated.
The Silva fight is one Diaz had been targeting for a long time. He had been in a state of semi-retirement before hooking up with Pierson and his agency, the Ballengee Group, last spring. Diaz and Pierson were able to land the big-money Silva fight in July.
Pierson fully expects Diaz to be at the MGM Grand on Wednesday morning. And White does, too, the agent said.

"Everyone knows where he is," Pierson said. "He's fine. Dana knows where Nick is."

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006

Marc Raimondi ‏@marc_raimondi 45s45 seconds ago
Also, worth noting. While his agent is sure he’ll be here for open workouts, Diaz is not in Vegas and was not in the air as of an hour ago.

Feb 10, 2006
gettin kinda ridiculous.

Nick Diaz is a no show at the open workouts.

Some updates from Marc Raimondi:

Dave Sholler says Nick Diaz did not get on flights yesterday or this morning. They are confident he'll be here this afternoon.

Sholler said that Diaz was at the airport yesterday and "elected" not to get on the plane. His bags arrived in Vegas. Diaz dos not.

Dave Sholler says Nick Diaz did not get on flights yesterday or this morning. They are confident he'll be here this afternoon.

Marc also tweeted that Dana, who is in Arizona doing PR work, and Lorenzo will be meeting to discuss possible penalties.

From MMA Fighting:
"We had staff that saw him yesterday in the airport and he elected to not get on the flight," Sholler said Wednesday before open workouts. "His bags did arrive. Again, I can't speak to why Nick decided not to get on the flight, but we're moving on as if the fight is happening Saturday. We're very confident he's going to be here today."

Sholler said the UFC expects Diaz to be in Vegas on Wednesday afternoon. Diaz did not get on scheduled flights Tuesday or Wednesday morning, Sholler said.

Diaz meets Anderson Silva at UFC 183 on Saturday night here at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. As of now, the fight is still on and Sholler said that UFC president Dana White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta will corroborate later about a potential penalty for Diaz.

"We're moving forward," Sholler said. "The fight is happening. We feel pretty confident he's going to get here today."

Diaz's agent Lloyd Pierson told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday morning that Diaz would arrive in time for open workouts Wednesday afternoon. He said that White's tweets about Diaz being missing were in jest.

MMA Fighting reporting comments Dana made on The Jim Rome show:
"Nick is being Nick. We don't know where Nick is. I literally Instagram'ed a picture of him on a milk carton today. He's M.I.A.," White said. "First of all, we have a show calledUFC Embedded, they showed up there Sunday to start filming him -- couldn't find him. We went through his management team and they set it up, they said ‘what we'll do is we'll set up a team dinner, you guys can film at the team dinner.'

"None of them showed up at the team dinner, then nobody answered their phones when the guys started calling. So then yesterday Nick was supposed to land in Las Vegas at 2:20. He missed his flight. His management team called and said, ‘book him another flight at 7:30.' Not only did he miss the first one, he missed the second flight. His bags made it to Vegas and he never did."

Diaz is slated to challenge former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva this Saturday in the main event of UFC 183. The blockbuster fight is expected to close out what has been a remarkably successful January campaign for the UFC, but first Diaz has to get to Las Vegas.

UFC Vice President of Public Relations Dave Sholler announced at Wednesday's open workouts that Diaz was present at the airport the previous night but "elected" not to step onto his flight.
For his part, White appeared to be unworried, stating that an incident like this a few years ago would have driven him crazy -- such as when Diaz infamously no-showed open workouts at UFC 158 -- but now he's come to expect it. And besides, it's not as if he can just cancel the weekend's festivities.

"The problem is this: it's too late," White said. "I already made the fight. We're sitting here on Wednesday. There's a lot of things he doesn't show up for, but he always shows up for the fights, so I'm counting on him showing up.

"I did it to myself again. I made a fight with Nick Diaz, a big main event fight. You know, when you get him in the office and you sit down, and he's like, ‘Well, you know, I feel like I haven't been paid right. Pay me right.' He's being paid right for this fight. It doesn't matter how much you pay him, he's not going to... I did it to myself, so I can't sit here and cry about Nick Diaz. It's Nick being Nick."

Feb 10, 2006
is that insinuating that Diaz is gonna steady try to play on the ground?
No not at all, I'm insinuating that if Diaz keeps fuccin around in the next day or two, missing open workouts, media day, press conferences then it could be scrapped and we COULD get silva vs Thales 2. Key word, could. I just seen a very recent picture of Diaz tho at an airport. Quite possibly his biggest payday(GSP) hell be a damn fool not to go to his obligations.