UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs Juior Dos Santos III

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who Do You Think Will Win This Time?

• Cain Velasquez

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Junior Dos Santos

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
UFC 166 headliner Junior dos Santos discusses recent cut that required stitches

HOUSTON – UFC 166 apparently came a little too close to losing its heavily promoted headliner.

Junior dos Santos (16-2 MMA, 10-1 UFC), who looks to reclaim his heavyweight title when he meets reigning champion Cain Velasquez (12-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) in Saturday's pay-per-view main event, suffered a recent cut in training that required stitches.

Luckily, it wasn't serious enough to force him off the card, which takes place at Houston's Toyota Center.

"It was in the training (camp), and it was accidental," he told MMAjunkie.com at today's UFC 166 open workouts. "But I'm OK already. … I'm 100 percent already."

Dos Santos said the cut occurred about three weeks ago, and though it required three stitches, he said they've since been removed and that it's no longer an issue. He said he doesn't expect any issues in Saturday's bout, which is good news for UFC officials and their massive marketing campaign for the event.

However, in a significant rubber match bout between fighters who split their first two meetings, they'll likely look for any advantage. For Velasquez, that could mean targeting the scar, which is visible just to the left of dos Santos' right eyebrow.

As far as facial cuts go, though, it's not in the absolute worst position. However, there's certainly the possibility of blood affecting his vision if the cut reopens.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos - for heavyweight title
Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Tim Boetsch vs. C.B. Dollaway
Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
Jessica Eye vs. Sarah Kaufman
K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6 p.m. ET)

Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger
Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
Andre Fili vs. Jeremy Larsen
Kyogi Horiguchi vs. Dustin Pague

Jan 18, 2006
Best ppv card since UFC 116 but make no mistake about it UFC 116 was better. I hate when they gotta over do shit after the fight and after the event is over saying "This is the greatest fight i ever seen" and "this was the greatest ppv card ever". What i was really impress with was how good the undercard fights were. So rare for more then 1 fight having known fighters on an undercard.

Honestly Dos Santos is one of the biggest savs for even making it to that 5th round. He literally was dead on his feet even though Cains punches arent the most powerful.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Gilbert and Diego was a dope ass fight, but that "greatest fight I've ever seen" shit was so stupid, shit ain't even greatest fight of the year IMO. Thought JDS vs. Hunto was a better slugfest honestly.

think Cain might have turned JDS' face into hamburger meat worse this time than the last fight lol