MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Sicc ass fight! Gaethje has the most entertaining style in the UFC not named Conor. I'd put him against alot of top competition just off pure heart. Glad to see an AZ boy get some real shine. Put him on the NYC card in a few months.

Another thing, what did Justin grab? Like 200k in his UFC debut? Lol sicc wit it.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
not seeing anything about their purses but here's the bonuses:

Jesse Taylor - $290,000 & the title of TUF Redemption winner in the co-main event
Justin Gaethje - Performance of the Night $50k bonus + Fight of the Night $50k bonus
Tecia Torres - Performance of the Night $50k bonus
Michael Johnson - Fight of the Night $50k bonus

Gate: $432,495
Attendance: 6,308

It's re-running on FS1 right now; watching it again

Apr 25, 2002
Gaethje v Barboza would be dope
Gaethje v Kevin Lee
Gaethje v Diaz

Him and Ferguson would be dope too but I'd give him one for fight on a big ppv
Lee called him out. that one makes sense and its a dope match up, probably my favorite off your list. Barboza's the man but Gaethje will just pressure him and make his kicks useless. Ferguson hella blew off Lee after the Chiesa fight but he's down for Gaethje. Gaethje needs to take the closest fight to McGregor. if not, he was better off in WSOF/PFL as far as prize money, short term. McGregor would probably knock him out tho.

Apr 25, 2002
Bellator picked up Mousasi. Frank Mir was granted his release and tryna fight Fedor, so he's tryna go to Bellator. Bellator also picked up Mayday McDonald a couple months back after he was granted his release. you dont usually hear the UFC just letting fighters go cus they wanted it. Bellator needs to shake the Hulk Hogan voice guy and shake these old ass fighters. they're really starting to come up.

Apr 25, 2002
i personally don't think Kevin lee stands s chance he carries his self like a gangster but I don't think he has the chin for it
it wouldn't surprise me. i don't think many of the lw's can take too many of his punches. and he'll break that ass down with leg kicks. i'd like to see Lee's wrestling vs Gaethje's but Gaethje just seems hella stronger and uses his wrestling different. i think his biggest problem is Conor's left. Conor aint even got to feint to set the shit up. open all day. i think Nate and Cucuy got a good chance too. MJ had Gaethje chicken leggin twice but instead of lightin his ass up til a tko he went to grapple. Karolina K did the same thing against Joanna. fucked off a ko.

Feb 14, 2004
it wouldn't surprise me. i don't think many of the lw's can take too many of his punches. and he'll break that ass down with leg kicks. i'd like to see Lee's wrestling vs Gaethje's but Gaethje just seems hella stronger and uses his wrestling different. i think his biggest problem is Conor's left. Conor aint even got to feint to set the shit up. open all day. i think Nate and Cucuy got a good chance too. MJ had Gaethje chicken leggin twice but instead of lightin his ass up til a tko he went to grapple. Karolina K did the same thing against Joanna. fucked off a ko.

Feb 10, 2006
leben was a damn zombie, deflecting punches off his face. Justin on the other hand is a lot more technical. yea he takes a punch to give one right bac but he's actually a pretty good all around fighter as well. his wrestling is pretty good too when he wants to use it.