MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Aldo says he's fighting Holloway at UFC 208
Jose Aldo has a date for his return to the Octagon.

Max Holloway won the interim featherweight championship with a win over Anthony Pettis Saturday night in Toronto, Canada, and called out UFC featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo for a clash at UFC 208 in Brooklyn on Feb. 11.

Speaking with the media in Brazil on Monday, Aldo confirmed that it’s done deal.

“He’s saying ‘where's Aldo?’, you have to talk to the UFC,” Aldo said. “About the fight in February, I already knew that, I only didn't know who I would fight. It was between him and Pettis, whoever won the fight. It’s not something new. This fight will happen on Feb. 11.”

Aldo (26-2) last fought in July, defeating Frankie Edgar to win the interim championship. The interim tag was removed prior to UFC 206, when the promotion decided to make Holloway vs. Pettis for the interim belt.

Holloway (17-3) scored his 10th straight with the TKO stoppage over Pettis at UFC 206. His last loss was a unanimous decision defeat to Conor McGregor in 2013.

Apr 25, 2002
Between 20 combined fights, neither of them has seen the 3rd round.
Craig has only seen the 2nd round once.
Both enjoy knocking people out.
de Silva has the experience of 4 more fights.

that fight shoulda been on Fox instead of that Northcutt vs Gall fight, not sayin it wont be good tho. this main is really tryna pull in the casual viewer. if a chick goes through the channels and sees the main card opener, shes gonna stop and watch (and thats gonna be a dope fight). they got Urijah there for the purists. they got Northcutt and Gall for the teenie bopper chicks. and they got the main event for dudes channel surfing and stumbling on PVZ and Waterson's fine ass (dope fight). but that Gall fight shoulda been a prelim. they shoulda put Irene Aldana vs Leslie Smith in the main. Aldana's debut and they been wanting to sign her to help with gaining Mexico (and Chicano) fans. plus she's way more skilled than Northcutt or Gall and she's fine as hell. UFC got new owners now but it seems like the old owners woulda put her on the main card.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
LMAO UFC made Holly Holm vs. Germaine for the first ever 145lbs. championship at UFC 208 in Brooklyn and Cyborg went on a massive twitter rant about how the UFC should have waited for her.

Cyroid is seriously the most annoying person in MMA. Turns down 2 fights for a massive show that's being put together for UFC's first show at Barclay's Center, then whines when the UFC moves on without her. Bitch seriously expects a $4billion company to freeze in place.

Apr 25, 2002
LMAO UFC made Holly Holm vs. Germaine for the first ever 145lbs. championship at UFC 208 in Brooklyn and Cyborg went on a massive twitter rant about how the UFC should have waited for her.

Cyroid is seriously the most annoying person in MMA. Turns down 2 fights for a massive show that's being put together for UFC's first show at Barclay's Center, then whines when the UFC moves on without her. Bitch seriously expects a $4billion company to freeze in place.

true. but UFC did some bitch shit just to do some bitch shit. they create a division solely based around Cyborg and they still do it like a bitch.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
true. but UFC did some bitch shit just to do some bitch shit. they create a division solely based around Cyborg and they still do it like a bitch.
They were trying to build a massive card for their first show at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn. They gave Cyborg the chance of her life time. She had the opportunity to become champion, have the biggest pay day of her career, and be on an epic card. She chose not to because she wanted a 6 month vacation instead of a 5 month vacation lol

Why should the UFC who wanted 2 title fights for their big show only settle for 1 title fight because Cyborg is being difficult? The UFC doesn't have to wait for anybody. Cyborg will still get her shot, but it's her own damn fault she won't be the historic first ever champ.

The fact Cyborg said she couldn't make 145lbs. FIVE MONTHS after last fighting, but can magically make it 3 weeks later, tells me she's full of shit. Also the fact she didn't even tell the UFC she would fight in March until AFTER Dana White put her on blast for not wanting to show up on February 11th.

UFC has been putting up with bullshit from Cyborg for 4 years now. It ain't their job to cater to her when she hasn't drawn a dime for them.

I know I'm ranting, but this bitch has been so fucking cringey for years now. Just shut the fuck up and either fight or go away.

Apr 25, 2002
They were trying to build a massive card for their first show at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn. They gave Cyborg the chance of her life time. She had the opportunity to become champion, have the biggest pay day of her career, and be on an epic card. She chose not to because she wanted a 6 month vacation instead of a 5 month vacation lol

Why should the UFC who wanted 2 title fights for their big show only settle for 1 title fight because Cyborg is being difficult? The UFC doesn't have to wait for anybody. Cyborg will still get her shot, but it's her own damn fault she won't be the historic first ever champ.

The fact Cyborg said she couldn't make 145lbs. FIVE MONTHS after last fighting, but can magically make it 3 weeks later, tells me she's full of shit. Also the fact she didn't even tell the UFC she would fight in March until AFTER Dana White put her on blast for not wanting to show up on February 11th.

UFC has been putting up with bullshit from Cyborg for 4 years now. It ain't their job to cater to her when she hasn't drawn a dime for them.

I know I'm ranting, but this bitch has been so fucking cringey for years now. Just shut the fuck up and either fight or go away.

i get all that. but for the past few years Dana White said he wouldn't put up a 145 cus there aint enough chicks. now he rushes it cus McGregor cant fight and we get Holly Holm fresh off 2 losses fighting for an inaugural belt. i like that fight by the way. its just a dumb ass fight for a new title. i dont expect UFC to wait for no one. i do fully expect UFC to do dumb ass shit that makes no sense and see them (Dana White) constantly contradict himself. he constantly acts/believes mma is a legit sport. if he wasn't on that shit so hard, i wouldnt care that he does shit that makes no sense. like Rousey fighting for the belt. McGregor never defending the feather weight belt. and a shit load of other things. maybe my intelligence get's insulted to easily with him.

Apr 25, 2002
anybody fuckin with this Waterson vs VanZant? Waterson's skill level is way over PVZ's but PVZ is grimey. still hella young and learning. i think both these chicks names gonna be trending online sunday. Waterson's stand up style is one of the most entertaining in the UFC but i'd love to see these chicks rollin. their offensive/defensive ground games are some of the best in UFC. a lot of people who dont watch UFC are gonna watch this fight and it'd be cool if they were able to see some real ground war. this'll probably be UFC's biggest watched tv show/fight in 2016.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Aldo says he's fighting Holloway at UFC 208
Jose Aldo has a date for his return to the Octagon.

Max Holloway won the interim featherweight championship with a win over Anthony Pettis Saturday night in Toronto, Canada, and called out UFC featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo for a clash at UFC 208 in Brooklyn on Feb. 11.

Speaking with the media in Brazil on Monday, Aldo confirmed that it’s done deal.

“He’s saying ‘where's Aldo?’, you have to talk to the UFC,” Aldo said. “About the fight in February, I already knew that, I only didn't know who I would fight. It was between him and Pettis, whoever won the fight. It’s not something new. This fight will happen on Feb. 11.”

Aldo (26-2) last fought in July, defeating Frankie Edgar to win the interim championship. The interim tag was removed prior to UFC 206, when the promotion decided to make Holloway vs. Pettis for the interim belt.

Holloway (17-3) scored his 10th straight with the TKO stoppage over Pettis at UFC 206. His last loss was a unanimous decision defeat to Conor McGregor in 2013.
After all of the Where's Waldo shit talk, looks like Holloway is trying to back out LMAO

Holloway is saying he isn't gonna show up, because he thinks Aldo won't show up anyway and he doesn't want to miss his son's birthday party lol

Max fucked up and backed himself in to a corner calling out Aldo in the cage for a specific date in Brooklyn now he himself won't show up. Max about to look terrible with all of that Where's Waldo shit.

Apr 25, 2002
looks like Khabib turned down an interim LW fight against Aldo. UFC lettin Aldo fight for the LW belt in hopes Aldo vs Mcgregor II can happen at LW, then obviously it would seep down to FW. Khabib insists he fights Tony Ferguson since that's what the fans and experts want. Tony sayin he wants more money to fight Khabib. now supposedly Nate got offered a fight with Khabib for UFC 209 for an interim title. all this interim shit cus Dana White said McGregor would be out for 10 months. McGregor the other day said he might come back after the holidays. he said UFC hasnt reached out to him.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
After all of the Where's Waldo shit talk, looks like Holloway is trying to back out LMAO

Holloway is saying he isn't gonna show up, because he thinks Aldo won't show up anyway and he doesn't want to miss his son's birthday party lol

Max fucked up and backed himself in to a corner calling out Aldo in the cage for a specific date in Brooklyn now he himself won't show up. Max about to look terrible with all of that Where's Waldo shit.
LMAO now that Max is getting laughed at for this, now Max is saying his ankle is sore and he won't be ready for February.

Max, the dude that said Aldo would be injured and wouldn't show up anyway is now saying his ankle is too sore. Come on guy.

Apr 25, 2002
UFC on FOX 22 ratings peak with 4.8 million viewers, most-watched event since 2013 - MMAmania.com

“Saturday’s FOX UFC Fight Night main card headlined by Michelle Waterson’s first round submission of Paige VanZant tallied an impressive 3,178,000 viewers.... Saturday night’s delivery is FOX’s most-watched UFC event since April of 2013 (3,742,000). Saturday night’s airing peaked with a sizable 4,800,000 viewers from 10-10:15 p.m. during the main event portion of the telecast.”