MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
GSP believes McGregor is aware of what is going on. "He knows what's right. He's not a coward. Everyone knows what we're doing is right."

GSP: Of course we want the biggest name in the sport. We need it. But every name counts for us: from the biggest name to the smallest.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
That MMA Athlete's Association is sounding kind of shady already. Bjorn Rebney refused to say who is funding it and all 5 fighters on the board of directors are all represented by CAA which is the biggest competition to WME who owns the UFC. When asked about CAA Bjorn would only say "CAA has been very supportive".

The Athlete's Association is also only taking UFC athletes and only going after the UFC. So basically fuck fighters in Bellator, WSOF, OneFC, Titan FC etc.

Apr 25, 2002
yeah it sounds like they're mainly tryna make changes within UFC. kinda like people go after McDonalds and not Dairy Queen and Del Taco. these guys all have nuts tho. UFC can get butt hurt and release all of them right now, but it's not like UFC wants to just release any of those guys, except maybe Kennedy. and maybe TJ if it was that serious. i cant see them releasing GSP, Cowboy, or Cain that easy. in my opinion, featherweight, lightweight, and womens straw weight are the thickest divisions. if those top 10's vote and support, i dont see UFC handing those divisions over to Bellator. i don't see UFC handing majority of their top 10's to Bellator that easy. if people start getting cut for voting then fighters and negotiations will bleed into Bellator.

i read recently that if an association gets 30% of UFC's roster to organize, UFC has the option of accepting the organization or not. if UFC doesnt accept, then there's a process where the association has to get 50% +1 of the roster to vote yes, then that's all there is to it. 150 fighters is 30% of 500. breaks down to about 15 +/- fighters from each division.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Cro Cop ethered Wand for backing out of their fight at Rizin

I just received a message from Rizin Fighting Federation that Wanderlei "the Braveheart" Silva doesn't want to fight me. He gets scared and he changed his mind, but he know it from the beginning. He played tough guy on the press conference in July and he called me out for a fight. Then I said to myself, this man has a guts, but now we all see what is he made of, nothing but shit. Once he was a fearless and true axe murder but now he's just a scared homie and only thing he can kill is his mosquito. And Wanderlei, don't you dare to come to Saitama to see the tournament like a guest because I will slap you like a bitch just like you deserve, you are nothing but a scared bitch and I had so much respect for you as a fighter until now. I suggest a new name for you that will fit you well... WANDERLEI "THE CHICKEN" SILVA

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol new UFC owners ain't fucking around, they fired Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes from their fake VP positions. Dana White has said multiple times in funny interviews that Forrest Griffin was the only one of the retired fighters with made up VP positions that would actually come to work and do things, wonder if that's why he hasn't been fired yet lol

Apr 25, 2002
i think the loss will be over turned. it seemed like a time out. Jorge still gonna beat him if they rematch tho.

Tonya Evinger just lost her belt and got the loss over turned. she had her foot pushing down on Kunitskaya's face tryna defend an armbar and ref made her stop doin that then she tapped. new champ got stripped.

Apr 25, 2002
I read that article saying they already fired 80-90 people, and now 10-15 more.

How fucking big is the staff that they can fire 100 people without any issues?

these new dudes got loot and expertise in show business. UFC is just a pay per view/venue promotion just barely getting out of it's bro stage, im sure UFC had some positions that the new dudes see no point in. they got their own people for the positions they need to keep. its gonna be interesting to see what happens with UFC the next 2 years. the Reebok shit. that new shit with the fighters association. new owners with a different vision. those 3 or 4 competitive UFC fighters that already bounced to Bellator this year. Cyborg sayin she'll go to Bellator if UFC dont make a 145 (she has 2 fights left on contract). the GSP/UFC thing. word is new owners are looking to get rid of Goldberg and Rogan (who probably woulda left in 2017 anyway). they got rid of 1 of 2 match makers but they hired the dude who used to run Legacy (RFA now owns Legacy) to match make. interesting times.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
these new dudes got loot and expertise in show business. UFC is just a pay per view/venue promotion just barely getting out of it's bro stage, im sure UFC had some positions that the new dudes see no point in. they got their own people for the positions they need to keep. its gonna be interesting to see what happens with UFC the next 2 years. the Reebok shit. that new shit with the fighters association. new owners with a different vision. those 3 or 4 competitive UFC fighters that already bounced to Bellator this year. Cyborg sayin she'll go to Bellator if UFC dont make a 145 (she has 2 fights left on contract). the GSP/UFC thing. word is new owners are looking to get rid of Goldberg and Rogan (who probably woulda left in 2017 anyway). they got rid of 1 of 2 match makers but they hired the dude who used to run Legacy (RFA now owns Legacy) to match make. interesting times.
WME seem like they already have a good plan for sport growth. Apparently they think they can net a $4 billion dollar TV deal once this $900 million Fox deal is over. The Reebok deal is up soon also. WME probably has some connections to get a way better deal with Under Armour or Nike. I can see the fighters making way more money in the next few years and a lot of them being marketed really well. WME literally exists to get talent paid, I have a feeling fighters will be pushed hard, I think WME knows they need to get behind names instead of just pushing the UFC brand like old Zuffa used to do.

Just read some funny shit about Cyborg. UFC tried to make a 145lb. title and Cyborg turned it down. On the newest episode of UFC Unfiltered they talked about offering her Holly Holm for the first 145lbs. championship for an upcoming show and she said no, then they offered her a fight in February at UFC 208 in Brooklyn against Germaine for the new 145lbs. title and she said no, because Cyborg apparently said she can't even make 145 without a 6 month break from cutting weight. Cyborg even confirmed it herself on twitter that she needs 6 months. Apparently Joe Silva was fucking heated lol UFC is legit trying with her, seems like doing business with her is like pulling teeth.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Nick Diaz is back!

Nick Diaz reaches agreement with NAC, free to participate in all fight-related activities again - MMA Fighting

Nick Diaz is a free man in Nevada. Again.

Diaz, according to sources, recently reached an agreement with the Nevada Athletic Commission, which now frees him to participate in all combat sport-related activities in the state once again.

Per the terms of his settlement stemming from a controversial 2015 failed drug test, Diaz was required to pay the commission $100,000 along with serving an 18-month suspension. However, since Diaz didn't pay the fine in full, he was barred from cornering his brother Nate in his mega-fights against Conor McGregor back in March and August.

Also, according to the Jan. 2016 settlement, Diaz had a deadline of Dec. 1, 2016 to pay the remainder of his fine ($75,000), though, it's unclear if he would have received further punishment had he not reached an agreement before last week's deadline. Regardless, Diaz avoided further issues by coming to terms with the commission and is now allowed to resume cornering fighters and competing in the state.

Terms of the agreement were not available at this time.

The 33-year-old hasn't fought since Jan. 2015, and as of right now, has no future fights booked.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Fight Night 102: SWANGIN N BANGIN

Main Card: (Fight Pass) @ 9 PM ET
Heavyweight Derrick Lewis vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
Heavyweight Francis Ngannou vs. Anthony Hamilton
Light Heavyweight Corey Anderson vs. Sean O'Connell
Light Heavyweight Gian Villante vs. Saparbek Safarov
Prelims: (Fight Pass) @ 5:45 PM ET