MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
a lot of fighters shitting on Oliveira right now. His team is blaming the altitude, but there's pictures of him eating at McDonalds during fight week lol

Guarantee the UFC doesn't sign him to another 145 fight.

Apr 25, 2002

i say dont even fine. it aint a sport. but i get it.
these refs been fuckin up a lot lately. its always happening but i been seein hella the last couple years. excessive punches when an opponents done. people gettin limbs ripped or damn near passing out cus ref didnt see the tap. i get the tap shit in some cases, the camera catches shit the ref cant. but they can fix that by givin ref an ear piece so the producer or director can tell ref what ref aint seein. not sure how that would help tko's or ko's tho.
some people say ref shoulda stopped Khabib but that was kinda different. that was pure heart shit from Johnson.

Apr 25, 2002
imo. speaking specifically on UFC. they have no structure for climbing the rankings. since the rankings dont mean shit, the belts dont mean shit. especially the new lightweight title. its prize fighting like boxing. its athletic but i wouldn't call it a sport. all the major sports in America (even pee wee sports) are structured up to who plays for the championship. those are sports to me. if/when the Olympics pick up MMA, they will present it and organize it as a sport.

Apr 25, 2002
2 future UFC champs fighting tonight. Angela Hill's one of the very few people who i think got a legit chance against Joanna Champion. her ground game got 10x better since she left the UFC.

its funny Invicta used that picture for Evinger's video still. Irene Aldana's there busted the fuck up and UFC just signed her and plans on making her a star (if she can win).