MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
UFC 202 is getting stacked. Here's the card so far.

Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor II
Rumble Johnson vs. Glover Teixiera
Cowboy Cerrone vs. Rick Story
Cody Garbrandt vs. Takeya Mizugaki
This just added!!

Condit to return for UFC 202

It would take something and someone special, Carlos Condit has said, to lure him back into the Octagon after his brutal loss by controversial split decision to Robbie Lawler in January.

UFC veteran welterweight Demian Maia, it turns out, is that someone. And UFC 202 is that something. The UFC made the announcement today.

Albuquerque’s Condit (30-9) has accepted a fight against Brazil’s Maia (23-6) scheduled for Aug. 20 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The card is headlined by a return/grudge match between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz. It also features a welterweight battle between Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone (30-7), Condit’s teammate at Albuquerque’s Jackson-Wink Mixed Martial Arts, and Tacoma, Wash., veteran Rick Story (19-8).

After the disputed loss to Lawler for the UFC welterweight title, Condit, 32, considered retirement. But he never closed the door on a return and continued to train at Jackson-Wink.

On June 13, he tweeted a cryptic but eye-catching message: “One more. …”

Then, Monday, Condit got more specific. “Might have some news regarding my next fight soon,” he tweeted. “…. Stay tuned.”

In the person of Maia, Condit will be facing one of MMA’s and the UFC’s true warriors. The 38-year-old Sao Paulo native made his UFC debut in 2007 and is 17-6 in UFC competition. Maia will bring a five-fight win streak into UFC 202, his most recent victory coming against Matt Brown by third-round submission (rear naked choke) May 14 on UFC 198 in Curitiba, Brazil.

Apr 25, 2002
that TUF 23 finale is on tonight. Ill Will makin his debut against Ross Pearson. the 2 chicks and 2 dudes from TUF are pretty bad ass. i think they all can do pretty well in their respective divisions (LHW/SW). and Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Claudia Gadelha II is the main event for the belt. should be bad ass. Fox Sports 1.

Apr 25, 2002
that pisses me off that Brock gets an immediate title shot. along with Rousey getting an immediate shot. talkin all this shit about legitimizing the sport with all this Reebok bullshit but not using a legit ranking system like a legitimate sport.

im a hypocrite tho cus i want Nick getting an immediate shot for the belt, but on the count of its Lawler.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
that pisses me off that Brock gets an immediate title shot. along with Rousey getting an immediate shot. talkin all this shit about legitimizing the sport with all this Reebok bullshit but not using a legit ranking system like a legitimate sport.

im a hypocrite tho cus i want Nick getting an immediate shot for the belt, but on the count of its Lawler.
That's just combat sports in general though, even boxing. They'll take who will draw more rather than who actually deserves it.

Looking at the HW rankings though I can't really find anybody that deserves it anyway, so I'm fine with Brock. JDS and Cain I guess, those 2 are the only ones in the top 10 that didn't lose their last fight lol

Apr 25, 2002
That's just combat sports in general though, even boxing. They'll take who will draw more rather than who actually deserves it.
i agree. its just that Dana tries to front about "legitimizing" the sport to benefit the owners only. if he didnt front and lie so much, it wouldnt be an issue.

Looking at the HW rankings though I can't really find anybody that deserves it anyway, so I'm fine with Brock. JDS and Cain I guess, those 2 are the only ones in the top 10 that didn't lose their last fight lol
HW is fucked up. only person on a real streak is Lewis, and those werent against factors. and i just peeped the rankings. looks like Brock is #8. i really wanna see Werdum vs Brock. Brock can wrestle like a champ but i'd like to see if Werdum can submit that. i think Werdum is Brocks biggest threat, other than Cain. Cain and Brock are fast ass HW's. unreal.