MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
anybody fuckin with this Thug Rose and PVZ? this is a dope fight. Rose is more well rounded than most dudes. but all her boxing and martial arts kickin shit might be useless against Paige. i still think Rose can get the sub. or it'll be Paige by an ass whoopin of a UD.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Fabricio Werdum vs. Cain Velasquez title rematch confirmed for UFC 196

Fabricio Werdum will have the opportunity to prove that his dominant submission victory over Cain Velasquez to win the heavyweight championship at UFC 188 was no fluke when the two meet in a rematch at UFC 196.

UFC President Dana White today confirmed the date of the Werdum (20-5-1 MMA, 8-2 UFC) vs. Velasquez (13-2 MMA, 11-2 UFC) rematch with UFC Total.

UFC 196 takes place Feb. 6 in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass. A venue for the event has not been announced.

Werdum, currently ranked No. 1 in the NOS Energy Drink MMA heavyweight rankings, handled the relentless pace and striking of Velasquez, ranked No. 2, with shocking ease in their first encounter, leading to the unthinkable scenario where it was the then-champion who was visibly fatigued after only two rounds. An exhausted Velasquez shot for a takedown and was caught in a fight-ending guillotine choke at the 2:13 mark of Round 3.

Some feel that Velasquez was ill-prepared for the altitude in Mexico City. Werdum spent 34 days in town to acclimate while Velasquez was only in Mexico City for two weeks prior to the bout.

No other bouts have been announced for the event.

Apr 25, 2002
not her fault ufc hyped her up she was humble and took the beating without excuses she got out of a lot of shit people would tap out she has heart but she needs a new gym to train at
i never seen a fighter just admit to being out classed in the press conference. i respect that. she's not delusional like Ronda Rousey. and that first guill and them 2 arm bars attempts woulda tapped out most fighters. i think her gym is good, aside from they're in desperate need of a dope striking coach. Rose still dominated the wrestling which shouldn't have happened to a TAM.