MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
^^yea i remember seeing that silva fight thinking he was gonna dust dude but ended up getting caught, silva has all(or been having) the potential in the world but his chin could never handle it. Holder was a replacement if im not mistaken in that fight as well? Matt Hammell was supposed to fight right?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
^^yea i remember seeing that silva fight thinking he was gonna dust dude but ended up getting caught, silva has all(or been having) the potential in the world but his chin could never handle it. Holder was a replacement if im not mistaken in that fight as well? Matt Hammell was supposed to fight right?
Yeah, Hammill pulled out the day of the fight. I was in the crowd for that shit, we found out after the show already started. Holder was supposed to fight on the prelims though, so he had a full camp and everything.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
found a link to wsof if anyone missed it. fucking gaethje probably took like 5 years off his fighting career with these Palomino fights. Wish he'd stop fighting like a fucking idiot so much, dude's seriously mini chuck liddell all the way down to the brain damage.

gaethje fight starts at 1:21:50

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol is Mighty Mouse trolling? Dude just announced he wants to defend his belt next in February in Las Vegas just a few days after the probable number 1 contender (if he wins in November) Henry Cejudo said he won't fight in Vegas anymore.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Jon Jones sentenced to 18 months probation after pleading guilty to hit-and-run

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones pleaded guilty to his hit-and-run incident in New Mexico in April, which resulted in the removal from his position as UFC champion and suspended indefinitely by the promotion. At today's plea hearing at an Albuquerque courthouse, with UFC president Dana White present, Jones apologized to Vanessa Sonnenberg, the pregnant woman whom he hit before fleeing the scene, as well as to the court and his fans.

According to Jones' attorney, Ms. Sonnenberg has recovered from her injury (broken arm) and didn't suffer any permanent damage from the accident. The presiding judge, who said Mr. Jones "got real lucky today," sentenced Jones to 18 months of supervised probation. There will be no felony conviction for Jones as long as he meets all the conditions of his probation.

May 2, 2015
Jon Jones sentenced to 18 months probation after pleading guilty to hit-and-run

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones pleaded guilty to his hit-and-run incident in New Mexico in April, which resulted in the removal from his position as UFC champion and suspended indefinitely by the promotion. At today's plea hearing at an Albuquerque courthouse, with UFC president Dana White present, Jones apologized to Vanessa Sonnenberg, the pregnant woman whom he hit before fleeing the scene, as well as to the court and his fans.

According to Jones' attorney, Ms. Sonnenberg has recovered from her injury (broken arm) and didn't suffer any permanent damage from the accident. The presiding judge, who said Mr. Jones "got real lucky today," sentenced Jones to 18 months of supervised probation. There will be no felony conviction for Jones as long as he meets all the conditions of his probation.
I think I remember reading that Dana would never let him fight for UFC if he pleaded guilty. Anyone else remember that?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
TJ Dillashaw has officially left Alpha Male. He's gonna be training at both Ludwig's gym and Elevation Fight Team in Colorado.

UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw leaves longtime Team Alpha Male home | MMAjunkie

UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw is no longer a member of Team Alpha Male, according to reports and a rep from the team’s management company.

Citing sources close to the team, Brazilian MMA website Combate reported Dillashaw had parted ways with Team Alpha Male for fight preparation. Mike Roberts, who heads team’s management company, MMA Inc., confirmed Dillashaw’s departure to MMAjunkie.

MMAjunkie wasn’t immediately able to reach Dillashaw for comment.

The Combate report said the UFC champ is set to join Elevation Fight Team, a squad based out of a Denver facility sponsored by supplement maker MusclePharm. Elevation’s head coach, Leister Bowling, confirmed Dillasaw’s addition to the team and told MMAjunkie that he is continuing with an arrangement in place for his past two fights, splitting time between Elevation and work with former Alpha Male head coach Duane Ludwig in Broomfield, Colo., near Denver.

Bowling said several Elevation fighters cross train with Ludwig. Dillashaw’s official move came after he notified Alpha Male founder Urijah Faber, he added.

Dillashaw (12-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC), who is set to fight ex-UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz (20-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 81, confirmed to MMA Fighting that he will be training with Team Elevation, though he did not mention working with Ludwig.

“The last six years at Team Alpha Male have been irreplaceable and my brothers there will forever be family to me,” Dillashaw told the site. “I thank each and every one of them for helping me along the way and being a part of this journey we’ve shared. This is not the end of being a part of the Team Alpha Male family, but a new chapter in my career.”

A former wrestler at Cal State Fullerton, Dillashaw was recruited out of college by Faber, who invited him to join the team. Dillashaw was one of several fighters who went on to success in the UFC.

A little more than a year after Ludwig became Alpha Male’s head coach, Dillashaw pulled off a stunning upset at UFC 173 against now-former bantamweight champ Renan Barao, stopping the Brazilian in the fifth round. In July, he notched his second title defense in a rematch.

Ludwig announced his departure from TAM two months’ before Dillashaw won the belt, and his exit has since turned into a public feud with Faber, who claimed the coach acted inappropriately with students and made improper financial demands. Ludwig countered Faber failed to live up to promises. Team Alpha Male fighters, however, said it’s business as usual in the gym.

Dillashaw’s history with the team, meanwhile, did not rule out a potential fight with Faber, he indicated on multiple occasions after winning the title.