MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
lolwut

Pride, WEC, and Strikeforce cost less than 100 million dollars combined lol you think they went in to debt for those orgs? lol

Mark Cuban being financially involved in the UFC was rumors back in like 2006 that turned out to be not true, hence the reason he held his own MMA show and started featuring other MMA shows on his TV network. He wanted involved in the UFC and they told him no. The fuck you talking about Mark Cuban is a bondholder lol no he ain't.

You say financial analysts didn't prove shit, but Foul Mouth of Siccness.net knows all about the UFC finances talking about 10 year old Mark Cuban -rumors- and organizations they got for cheap putting them in debt? lol ok

you got your info twisted g. Mark Cuban wanted to start his own mma promotion at one time, not with UFC. by doing so, he would have risked all media credentials for InsideMMA, so wisely he chose to ditch the mma org idea. that is why InsideMMA has no issues getting into all the UFC shit. UFC is known to pull credentials.

and Mark Cuban being a bondholder has nothing to do with that.

and no, Foul Mouth of Siccness.net don't know all about the UFC finances, but neither do those analysers. UFC don't blast their info. you musta read a UFC sponsored analysis. if not, them dudes don't have much to go on. "estimated" PPV's and S&P info is all that's really out there. some deal values. really not much. that analysis you speak of is bs. you should know all this.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
In 2015 Mark Cuban is not a bond holder in the UFC in any way shape or form.

Way back in 2005-2006 time frame Mark Cuban wanted to purchase an actual stake in the UFC, he was turned down.

Mark Cuban started promoting his own fight shows HDnet Fights in 2007, he ran two shows.

He then was financially involved in Affliction.

Around 2009 it was rumored he purchased a small bond from a third party, not from Zuffa directly, it was never confirmed and the talk died down quick and hasn't been talked about since, more than likely do to the fact Zuffa paid it off quick to not have to deal with Cuban

In 2010 he was denied media credentials by the UFC, if the dude was a bondholder do you think his show would have gotten denied by the promotion he held a bond with? lol

I don't really get what you're trying to say. You said he didn't want to run an MMA promotion, but he ran two with HDNet Fights and Affliction. Mark Cuban is a billionaire, do you think he would say "naaah I don't want to run an MMA promotion, because I want Bas Rutten to be able to go to UFC weigh ins" LMAO come on man.

Also what does your Cuban post have anything to do with the UFC being broke? lol

Last year Forbes valued the UFC at 1.7 billion and listed them at number 10 on the world's most valuable sports brands list. Let me guess, the next conspiracy theory is Zuffa paid off Forbes to look good lol

MMA "fans" sit on internet forums looking like this when they talk about the UFC

The shit is stupid and it's been going on for years.

Any time a fighter gets injured and pulls out it's "the UFC is faking it to either protect the guys opponent or to put on a different fight"

Any time a fighter gets knocked out "the UFC paid him to take a dive, this was a fix"

Any time a referee makes a bad call "the UFC paid off the ref, this was a fix"

Any time a judge makes a bad call "the UFC paid off the judges, this was a fix"

Any time they got a bad rating on a free TV card "the UFC is dying, they must be broke cause how can they survive with that one bad rating?"

Fedor didn't sign with the UFC in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015 "it's all the UFC's fault, they're just trying to protect (name any UFC heavyweight in the last 10 years)."

LMAO shit is stupid, MMA fans are the worst.

Apr 25, 2002
In 2015 Mark Cuban is not a bond holder in the UFC in any way shape or form.

Way back in 2005-2006 time frame Mark Cuban wanted to purchase an actual stake in the UFC, he was turned down.

Mark Cuban started promoting his own fight shows HDnet Fights in 2007, he ran two shows.

He then was financially involved in Affliction.

Around 2009 it was rumored he purchased a small bond from a third party, not from Zuffa directly, it was never confirmed and the talk died down quick and hasn't been talked about since, more than likely do to the fact Zuffa paid it off quick to not have to deal with Cuban

In 2010 he was denied media credentials by the UFC, if the dude was a bondholder do you think his show would have gotten denied by the promotion he held a bond with? lol

I don't really get what you're trying to say. You said he didn't want to run an MMA promotion, but he ran two with HDNet Fights and Affliction. Mark Cuban is a billionaire, do you think he would say "naaah I don't want to run an MMA promotion, because I want Bas Rutten to be able to go to UFC weigh ins" LMAO come on man.

Also what does your Cuban post have anything to do with the UFC being broke? lol

who said Zuffa was broke? i said they were in debt. i also said Cuban is a bondholder, not a stockholder. not the same. all the info i posted is public knowledge available on google. the shit you posted is insider shit.

I didn't say Mark Cuban didn't want to run an mma promotion. he did want to. but you really think Mark Cuban was going to risk "trying" to run a successful mma promotion, at the same time getting denied credentials for UFC for his "MMA news program" that he still planned on running? without UFC, InsideMMA would been done years ago. that's like you running a football show, but getting denied NFL. or basketball, but denied NBA. c'mon. UFC is big league. he had 2 shows on HDNet then probably finally realized the shit aint as easy as it seems. he also didn't run Affliction. Donald Trump "ran" it more than Cuban probably did.

and i don't know why InsideMMA was denied credentials if Cuban is a bondholder. part of the reason is maybe because Cuban is not a shareholder so his word isn't worth shit on the executive table. also, maybe because InsideMMA isn't a bondholder, only Cuban is, or was/or never was according to you. and i don't see China or Japan here in America doing what the fuck they want, as bondholders.

Last year Forbes valued the UFC at 1.7 billion and listed them at number 10 on the world's most valuable sports brands list. Let me guess, the next conspiracy theory is Zuffa paid off Forbes to look good lol

i take that as being "true". UFC's valuation was/is 1.7 Billion, according to Forbes. and according to Forbes, UFC's brand is only worth $440 Mill. Forbes, like everybody else, has limited info. they use some of the basic info that is available out there, info that is also available on google. nobody knows their actual profit except you guys. Rousey only got $65K to "show up" to UFC 184. Cat got $100K to "show up". do you really think Rousey just went home with $130K (65K to show/65K to win) courtesy of UFC? Forbes and all your analysers would only use that $65K to show up and $65K to win reported earnings for their reports. more profit for UFC. those are called "skewed" numbers my dude.

is it InfamousFertitta? or InfamousWhite? get me the player plug on tickets when you guys are in nor cal bro bruh.

MMA "fans" sit on internet forums looking like this when they talk about the UFC

Any time a fighter gets injured and pulls out it's "the UFC is faking it to either protect the guys opponent or to put on a different fight"

Any time a fighter gets knocked out "the UFC paid him to take a dive, this was a fix"

Any time a referee makes a bad call "the UFC paid off the ref, this was a fix"

Any time a judge makes a bad call "the UFC paid off the judges, this was a fix"

Any time they got a bad rating on a free TV card "the UFC is dying, they must be broke cause how can they survive with that one bad rating?"

Fedor didn't sign with the UFC in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015 "it's all the UFC's fault, they're just trying to protect (name any UFC heavyweight in the last 10 years)."

i don't believe any of those. i'm one of the few that don't think the Shamrock and Kimbo fight was fixed. and i doubt the UFC would ever die. if you guys cant run it, you'd sell it. somebody will keep it alive.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
InfamousICON @InfamousICON is clearly a Zuffa shill sent to scan the internet for anyone exposing the truth about the UFC and implant with misinformation. Here's how I can tell,

1. His location says PHX = 3 letters, know what else is 3 letters? UFC.
2. I zoomed in on his Jesus avatar's face and it's modeled after Lorenzo Ferrtita.
3. He sent out random PM's last year asking people how would they feel about CM Punk joining the UFC, then it happened. Coincidence? Maybe, but no. Did I make that up? Could be but no one has proof either way so what I say must be true!

Incredible man, you've been figured out. Infamous, you had a good 10 year run on Siccness infiltrating our heavily populated MMA community and spreading your monopoly UFC propaganda, but it's over now. Can't believe you let yourself slip posting all that inside information that only employees of the UFC could know and definitely can't be found in google searches.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
who said Zuffa was broke? i said they were in debt. i also said Cuban is a bondholder, not a stockholder. not the same. all the info i posted is public knowledge available on google. the shit you posted is insider shit.
and you won't say why or how they're apparently in debt, all you'll say is "nope, the reports are wrong" lol

I also broke down why Mark Cuban isn't a bondholder, never said shit about him owning stocks, that was some 2009 small story that disappeared quick.

I didn't say Mark Cuban didn't want to run an mma promotion. he did want to. but you really think Mark Cuban was going to risk "trying" to run a successful mma promotion, at the same time getting denied credentials for UFC for his "MMA news program" that he still planned on running? without UFC, InsideMMA would been done years ago. that's like you running a football show, but getting denied NFL. or basketball, but denied NBA. c'mon. UFC is big league. he had 2 shows on HDNet then probably finally realized the shit aint as easy as it seems. he also didn't run Affliction. Donald Trump "ran" it more than Cuban probably did.
You think a billionaire seriously gives so much shit about his small time TV show that's on one of the lowest rated less reached networks on TV that he would squash one of his dreams? You're right, he didn't run Affliction, he just had an ownership stake lol

Your post basically argues with itself saying "he didn't want to own a promotion" then a couple sentences later "he owned a promotion, but Donald Trump ran it more than him" lol @ a Billionaire "I didn't want to lose credentials to my TV show that's seen by 50,000 people every week, so I chose not to attempt to live my dream". Come on man lol

i take that as being "true". UFC's valuation was/is 1.7 Billion, according to Forbes. and according to Forbes, UFC's brand is only worth $440 Mill. Forbes, like everybody else, has limited info. they use some of the basic info that is available out there, info that is also available on google. nobody knows their actual profit except you guys. Rousey only got $65K to "show up" to UFC 184. Cat got $100K to "show up". do you really think Rousey just went home with $130K (65K to show/65K to win) courtesy of UFC? Forbes and all your analysers would only use that $65K to show up and $65K to win reported earnings for their reports. more profit for UFC. those are called "skewed" numbers my dude.
UFC brand doesn't equal overall value of the company, it's the value in the three letters UFC, as in what those three letters can earn when they go in to a city on event day, or when those three letters are placed on a t-shirt, how much advertising people are willing to pay for those three letters etc. You're using a number that has nothing to do with overall valuation of the company.

also lol @ Forbes using "google information anybody can find".

Forbes is the most quoted financial source in the world, but when it comes to a fucking MMA promotion it's "skewed information" lol

I'm done with his discussion at this point, your posts make absolutely no sense and seems to be for arguing for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
InfamousICON @InfamousICON is clearly a Zuffa shill sent to scan the internet for anyone exposing the truth about the UFC and implant with misinformation. Here's how I can tell,

2. I zoomed in on his Jesus avatar's face and it's modeled after Lorenzo Ferrtita.
3. He sent out random PM's last year asking people how would they feel about CM Punk joining the UFC, then it happened. Coincidence? Maybe, but no. Did I make that up? Could be but no one has proof either way so what I say must be true!

Incredible man, you've been figured out. Infamous, you had a good 10 year run on Siccness infiltrating our heavily populated MMA community and spreading your monopoly UFC propaganda, but it's over now. Can't believe you let yourself slip posting all that inside information that only employees of the UFC could know and definitely can't be found in google searches.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU

can't spell infamousICON without UFC

Apr 25, 2002
and you won't say why or how they're apparently in debt, all you'll say is "nope, the reports are wrong" lol

I also broke down why Mark Cuban isn't a bondholder, never said shit about him owning stocks, that was some 2009 small story that disappeared quick.

You think a billionaire seriously gives so much shit about his small time TV show that's on one of the lowest rated less reached networks on TV that he would squash one of his dreams? You're right, he didn't run Affliction, he just had an ownership stake lol

Your post basically argues with itself saying "he didn't want to own a promotion" then a couple sentences later "he owned a promotion, but Donald Trump ran it more than him" lol @ a Billionaire "I didn't want to lose credentials to my TV show that's seen by 50,000 people every week, so I chose not to attempt to live my dream". Come on man lol

UFC brand doesn't equal overall value of the company, it's the value in the three letters UFC, as in what those three letters can earn when they go in to a city on event day, or when those three letters are placed on a t-shirt, how much advertising people are willing to pay for those three letters etc. You're using a number that has nothing to do with overall valuation of the company.

also lol @ Forbes using "google information anybody can find".

Forbes is the most quoted financial source in the world, but when it comes to a fucking MMA promotion it's "skewed information" lol

I'm done with his discussion at this point, your posts make absolutely no sense and seems to be for arguing for the sake of arguing.

2 cageside please.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Ronda Rousey to play Patrick Swayze role in 'Road House' reboot

LOL

In that role, Swayze’s character, James Dalton, is a bouncer and helps clean up a rowdy bar in Missouri that protects the town from a corrupt businessman. The film, which scored a $30 million box office for the original version, has become a cult classic.

Ronda Rousey has added another project to her burgeoning Hollywood career.

The UFC women’s bantamweight champion has been tapped to star in a reboot of the 1980s action flick “Road House.”

According to Variety.com, Rousey was “passionately pursuing the project for some time.” MGM is moving forward on the project and currently meeting with writers for the script, according to the report.

The 28-year-old, who’s appeared in past films such as “Furious 7” and “The Expendables 3,” will actually play the role Patrick Swayze made famous in the original 1989 film.

Rousey later confirmed the news and said it’s an “honor” and that she hopes it’ll serve as a tribute to Swayze, who died in 2009 after a battle with pancreatic cancer, and his family (via Twitter):

According to Variety.com:

Rousey thought the idea of starring in a remake was a great idea but wanted to be respectful when pursuing the project. Sources say Rousey recently reached out to Swayze’s widow, Lisa Niemi, to ask for her blessing to star in the remake, which insiders say Niemi gladly gave.

Rousey has other upcoming film projects, including a starring role in her own biopic, “My Fight/Your Fight.”

Up next for Rousey (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC), who’s posted six consecutive title defenses, is a pay-per-view headliner against Holly Holm (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC 193, which takes place Nov. 14 at the 70,000-seat Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.