MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2015
I know they're going to still fight(postponed) but I was really looking forward to this fight, might be a blessing in disguise tho if u think about it, gives Robbie a little more time to heal up after that WAR with Rory Mac.
I think that's why Robbie is FAKING the thumb injury. To heal up after that rager against Mac.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't think Robbie faked his injury, but it is fishy. They got that big ass stadium, now they push Ronda on the main event and start talkin bout filling the stadium up. If Lawler and Condit were the main event, they woulda stayed showing tight shots of the cage so the PPV audience wouldn't be able to see the thousands of empty seats.

Don't know tho. Cards still kinda wack. Ronda will make it sell but she aint gonna fill that shit up.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
I don't think Robbie faked his injury, but it is fishy. They got that big ass stadium, now they push Ronda on the main event and start talkin bout filling the stadium up. If Lawler and Condit were the main event, they woulda stayed showing tight shots of the cage so the PPV audience wouldn't be able to see the thousands of empty seats.

Don't know tho. Cards still kinda wack. Ronda will make it sell but she aint gonna fill that shit up.

Theres a rumor circulating that Fedor has signed with the UFC and his debut MAY be on this card. if so, the seats will be filled hella fast. i dont see him or the UFC giving him a bacc seat as co-main tho so we'll see.

Apr 25, 2002
Fedor aint signed to UFC. someone asked DW that on that "Go Big" press conference.
but they are throwing Joanna Champion on there with Letourneau. i think the 2 chick fights are headlining. 2 totally different kind of champs, probably better at what they do than their male counterparts. still aint fillin that bitch up tho. i'm sure it would sell out anywhere in America. but not on a fuckin island across the world from all the big mma countries.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I think that's why Robbie is FAKING the thumb injury. To heal up after that rager against Mac.
UFC doctors personally visit fighters to make sure injuries are legit. There is no "faking" injuries in the UFC.

They moved Robbie and Condit to the New Years show in Vegas. 15,000 seats for the New Years show in Vegas will be a bigger gate than 50,000 seats with $20 tickets in Australia. I see nothing fishy at all.

Apr 25, 2002
UFC doctors personally visit fighters to make sure injuries are legit. There is no "faking" injuries in the UFC.
UFC doctors get paid by the UFC. i think it's those doctors who said Aldo was fine to fight after UFC pumped a mill or 2 into promoting the McGregor fight.

They moved Robbie and Condit to the New Years show in Vegas. 15,000 seats for the New Years show in Vegas will be a bigger gate than 50,000 seats with $20 tickets in Australia. I see nothing fishy at all.
Condit vs Lawler probably wouldn't sell 15K in Aussy. they mighta hit that cus of Hunt tho. but out there it would look terrible on PPV. way too many empty seats. that's not good tv at all my g. that's why WSOF is hella dark outside the cage. so you cant see the empty seats. it's some psychological shit.

in Vegas the director don't have to worry about cameras showing the empty seats. that shit happens in the prelims but as a company you don't want that shit on the "paid" show that's suppose to be "popular". UFC just fucked up (booked a huge capacity stadium) and fixed the situation before it got too late. i do think Lawler was technically injured, but I think it was a lot more to it than that.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
UFC doctors get paid by the UFC. i think it's those doctors who said Aldo was fine to fight after UFC pumped a mill or 2 into promoting the McGregor fight.

Condit vs Lawler probably wouldn't sell 15K in Aussy. they mighta hit that cus of Hunt tho. but out there it would look terrible on PPV. way too many empty seats. that's not good tv at all my g. that's why WSOF is hella dark outside the cage. so you cant see the empty seats. it's some psychological shit.

in Vegas the director don't have to worry about cameras showing the empty seats. that shit happens in the prelims but as a company you don't want that shit on the "paid" show that's suppose to be "popular". UFC just fucked up (booked a huge capacity stadium) and fixed the situation before it got too late. i do think Lawler was technically injured, but I think it was a lot more to it than that.
They knew they were fighting in a stadium to begin with though lol they could have easily put Ronda vs. Holm in there from the get go, the conspiracy theory makes absolutely zero sense.

The UFC brand name alone would sell a ton of tickets, Australia don't get very many cards, stadium shows have cheap ass tickets too. I don't think they cared who was headlining otherwise they would have put Ronda on the card to begin with. You don't book a stadium without knowing the drawing power of the people fighting on the card.

Also the paid UFC doctors said Aldo had a bruised rib....because he had a bruised rib lol Aldo chose to not fight because he wasn't 100% even though many fighters fight with much worse injuries, that's Aldo's choice as champion though so I don't give him shit for it.

Apr 25, 2002
They knew they were fighting in a stadium to begin with though lol they could have easily put Ronda vs. Holm in there from the get go, the conspiracy theory makes absolutely zero sense.

The UFC brand name alone would sell a ton of tickets, Australia don't get very many cards, stadium shows have cheap ass tickets too. I don't think they cared who was headlining otherwise they would have put Ronda on the card to begin with. You don't book a stadium without knowing the drawing power of the people fighting on the card.
the UFC brand name isn't that strong. Ronda Rouseys name is way stronger than UFC. Rousey is a household name. UFC isn't. most UFC shows in America are in small venues and they still don't sell out. even with great cards.

they booked Melbourne back in March of this year. they didn't book the stadium first then book the card right away. they never do. UFC like to do their biggest shows in December and January. even at that time they wanted a Ronda fight to close the year or to open a new year. i doubt that big ass stadium was available for the closing or opening the year. and if it was available, maybe it was too expensive. they coulda booked that for late Dec/early Jan and threw the dopest card/biggest event ever, selling it out. Lawlers one of my favorites and i love Condit fights (other than vs Diaz) but Condit and Lawler wont sell that many PPV by themselves. they can go ahead and charge $20 a ticket in Australia to help fill up the seats but they still will have hella empty seats. and that stadium rental price was valued at way more than $20 a seat and they woulda lost money on the whole situation. they had no idea of the availability of fighters. they book the spaces way before they create the cards. way too many variables to consider. then they give Tate the fight, then take it back and give it to Holm to help boost the first of the year PPV sales. they coulda also left Joanna Champion on the 195 card but they decided to make the first 2 chick fight main event with Joanna so it can help sell. Claudia probably would have been ok to fight in Jan, but they pushed the fight 2 months back so now she's fucked. so instead of the proven #1 contender with a history with the champ, now they throw in Letourneau at #10, after she was non-ranked and beat Moroz who was #8. it aint no crazy shit when you break it down. its smart business. they fucked up and fixed it right up.

Also the paid UFC doctors said Aldo had a bruised rib....because he had a bruised rib lol Aldo chose to not fight because he wasn't 100% even though many fighters fight with much worse injuries, that's Aldo's choice as champion though so I don't give him shit for it.
i don't believe that. that's McGregor and the UFC saying that. they put a lot of time and money into that fight. they didn't give a fuck about Aldo. McGregors a goof and they even gave him an imitation belt for the situation so he'd stop crying.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
the UFC brand name isn't that strong. Ronda Rouseys name is way stronger than UFC. Rousey is a household name. UFC isn't. most UFC shows in America are in small venues and they still don't sell out. even with great cards.

they booked Melbourne back in March of this year. they didn't book the stadium first then book the card right away. they never do. UFC like to do their biggest shows in December and January. even at that time they wanted a Ronda fight to close the year or to open a new year. i doubt that big ass stadium was available for the closing or opening the year. and if it was available, maybe it was too expensive. they coulda booked that for late Dec/early Jan and threw the dopest card/biggest event ever, selling it out. Lawlers one of my favorites and i love Condit fights (other than vs Diaz) but Condit and Lawler wont sell that many PPV by themselves. they can go ahead and charge $20 a ticket in Australia to help fill up the seats but they still will have hella empty seats. and that stadium rental price was valued at way more than $20 a seat and they woulda lost money on the whole situation. they had no idea of the availability of fighters. they book the spaces way before they create the cards. way too many variables to consider. then they give Tate the fight, then take it back and give it to Holm to help boost the first of the year PPV sales. they coulda also left Joanna Champion on the 195 card but they decided to make the first 2 chick fight main event with Joanna so it can help sell. Claudia probably would have been ok to fight in Jan, but they pushed the fight 2 months back so now she's fucked. so instead of the proven #1 contender with a history with the champ, now they throw in Letourneau at #10, after she was non-ranked and beat Moroz who was #8. it aint no crazy shit when you break it down. its smart business. they fucked up and fixed it right up.
None of that shows how there's some kind of conspiracy though. They booked Robbie and Condit after they already knew they had a stadium. Ronda was available at the time. Like I said why not just book Ronda from the get go if they were so worried about filling the stadium instead of supposedly having Robbie Lawler pretend to be hurt just to put Ronda in anyway lol makes absolutely no sense.

i don't believe that. that's McGregor and the UFC saying that. they put a lot of time and money into that fight. they didn't give a fuck about Aldo. McGregors a goof and they even gave him an imitation belt for the situation so he'd stop crying.
You don't have to believe. Andre Pederneiras is a dirt bag, always has been. He posted old x-rays on the internet to say Aldo's injury is worse than what American doctors said it was. Andre Pederneiras has been shady as fuck for years. Meanwhile the UFC had Chad Mendes ready to go anyway. What sense would it make for the UFC to go out of it's way to lie for the sole purpose of burying Aldo when they have to sell Aldo fights in the future? Once again another conspiracy theory that makes absolutely no sense.

Apr 25, 2002
None of that shows how there's some kind of conspiracy though. They booked Robbie and Condit after they already knew they had a stadium. Ronda was available at the time. Like I said why not just book Ronda from the get go if they were so worried about filling the stadium instead of supposedly having Robbie Lawler pretend to be hurt just to put Ronda in anyway lol makes absolutely no sense.

194 is the last PPV of the year. those are suppose to be the biggest shows, and 194 is raw as fuck. they could throw Ronda on there and sell hella extra PPV's, but they can make more money off of her with a separate gate. plus that PPV is too hardcore already. they're not going to throw 3 big ass championship fights in 1 night, 2 being the biggest stars. and they want McGregor vs Aldo and Ronda vs whoever to headline their own PPV. so if you cant throw Ronda on the last PPV of the year, your surely going to throw her on the first of the year. so they did. like I said, if Melbourne was an option for a last or first of the year PPV event, it woulda been done. Ronda beat Bethe a couple days before Lawler vs Condit was announced. they're not going to want her to fight 3 months directly after her recent fight. so regardless, first of the year made all the sense. during that same week or so that they announced Lawler vs Condit, they started getting all the numbers in and started really feeling how much the chick is worth. so they make the changes.

You don't have to believe. Andre Pederneiras is a dirt bag, always has been. He posted old x-rays on the internet to say Aldo's injury is worse than what American doctors said it was. Andre Pederneiras has been shady as fuck for years. Meanwhile the UFC had Chad Mendes ready to go anyway. What sense would it make for the UFC to go out of it's way to lie for the sole purpose of burying Aldo when they have to sell Aldo fights in the future? Once again another conspiracy theory that makes absolutely no sense.

i know Pederneiras is a dirt bag. i know DW is too. and i know McGregor is too. UFC has put more promotion into McGregor's Fight Nights than they put into Aldo headliners. they paid $900K to license that Jay Z song they used for the Aldo vs McGregor promo. they did a world wide tour. they spent loot on this fight. none of that shit included Chad. they make more selling McGregor fights than Aldo. McGregor is an exciting fighter that speaks English and talks his fights up better than Chael. they'd take McGregor over Aldo any day. that's why he got a fake title. he demanded it. who else woulda got that shit?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
they started getting all the numbers in and started really feeling how much the chick is worth. so they make the changes.

That theory is perfectly fine, but why would they pretend to have Lawler be hurt to make that change? Why would they need to be "shady" or "fishy". The UFC could have easily just came out and said "we're changing Ronda/Holm to Australia and Lawler/Condit to New Years" if that was their plan. There is absolutely no need to have some conspiracy with a fake injury lol

i know Pederneiras is a dirt bag. i know DW is too. and i know McGregor is too. UFC has put more promotion into McGregor's Fight Nights than they put into Aldo headliners. they paid $900K to license that Jay Z song they used for the Aldo vs McGregor promo. they did a world wide tour. they spent loot on this fight. none of that shit included Chad. they make more selling McGregor fights than Aldo. McGregor is an exciting fighter that speaks English and talks his fights up better than Chael. they'd take McGregor over Aldo any day. that's why he got a fake title. he demanded it. who else woulda got that shit?
But why would they bury Aldo when they still have to promote Aldo fights in the future? Aldo is considered top 3 best p4p fighters in the world, the UFC knows there's a massive chance Aldo starches McGregor. Why bury the guy who you have to promote later with a lie?

You think the UFC cares about 900k for a Jay Z song enough to bury the guy that could possibly destroy their cash cow? Too much money could be made with an Aldo win.

MMA fans are some of the weirdest conspiracy theorists there is lol any and everything that happens in this sport has to absolutely be "fake" "staged" "rigged" or whatever. Absolutely couldn't possibly just be Robbie Lawler got legitimately injured and they had to replace his fight or UFC doctors don't want to risk their licenses by telling somebody their not as hurt as they actually are. lol

Apr 25, 2002
That theory is perfectly fine, but why would they pretend to have Lawler be hurt to make that change? Why would they need to be "shady" or "fishy". The UFC could have easily just came out and said "we're changing Ronda/Holm to Australia and Lawler/Condit to New Years" if that was their plan. There is absolutely no need to have some conspiracy with a fake injury lol
UFC should have just came out and said "switch", but it woulda looked like they fucked up, which they did. when does UFC say "we fucked up"? it also would put Lawler and Condit on blast sayin that they cant fill that stadium and they don't sell like that, which is true. plus, Lawler and Condit aren't exactly New Year headliners. they're both raw as fuck, but their not New Years headliners. lets be real here. now, they have no where to go but New Years. you and I as fans could probably give a shit regardless but again, its some psychological shit.

But why would they bury Aldo when they still have to promote Aldo fights in the future? Aldo is considered top 3 best p4p fighters in the world, the UFC knows there's a massive chance Aldo starches McGregor. Why bury the guy who you have to promote later with a lie?
Aldo is dope, but you know dude aint no star, nor does he bring in star money. p4p don't mean shit if you cant bring in what they are in business for. MM is a fantastic fighter, he don't bring in shit. if Aldo meant that much to UFC, then the UFC wouldn't have made a copy of his belt for McGregor. that's so disrespectful, but UFC is Conor's bitch, not Aldo's.

You think the UFC cares about 900k for a Jay Z song enough to bury the guy that could possibly destroy their cash cow? Too much money could be made with an Aldo win.

bruh breh. you know UFC is 100's of millions in debt right? $900K for one fuckin song is a lot, especially when they probably never spent $900K on total promotion for any fighter in their history. not counting the world tour. UFC was pissed when Aldo dropped out, even prior to these janky ass UFC doctors diagnoses. you think they were pissed when Lawler dropped out? they spent record money for the fight. and if Aldo wins, it's not like UFC is going to just bring in skrill all the sudden. it's still Aldo. a featherweight who don't speak English. Conor made Aldo a (co-)star for the time being.

i don't know if Lawler "faked" an injury but all this shit is fishy and very coincidental and not what UFC wants the public to believe. why not leave Joanna Champion for the New Year Lawler show to fight #1 Claudia? cus it benefits UFC to pull the fight back and just let Joanna fight the #10.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The UFC isn't 100's of millions in debt lol that story that came out a couple years ago about the UFC being "450 million in debt" got thrashed by financial analysts a long ass time ago. Multibillion dollar companies rarely use their own funds to operate with, they generally take out large loans and use part of their profit to pay back the loan.

That report that came out was some dumb ass Bleacher Report type of "reporter" who looked at UFC's end of year financial analysis and didn't know how to actually interpret it.

Over the course of their loan from that bank the UFC averaged 355 million a year in pure profit after all operating costs and only had to pay back 120 million a year to the bank and didn't have to spend a dime of their own money to operate lol that's how most big business works.

Also Claudia Gadelha has a hand injury, she said she would fight through it anyway, UFC said no. But she herself admitted to the injury. Is it another conspiracy theory? Did UFC pay her off to pretend too? lol

Apr 25, 2002
The UFC isn't 100's of millions in debt lol that story that came out a couple years ago about the UFC being "450 million in debt" got thrashed by financial analysts a long ass time ago. Multibillion dollar companies rarely use their own funds to operate with, they generally take out large loans and use part of their profit to pay back the loan.

That report that came out was some dumb ass Bleacher Report type of "reporter" who looked at UFC's end of year financial analysis and didn't know how to actually interpret it.

Over the course of their loan from that bank the UFC averaged 355 million a year in pure profit after all operating costs and only had to pay back 120 million a year to the bank and didn't have to spend a dime of their own money to operate lol that's how most big business works.

Also Claudia Gadelha has a hand injury, she said she would fight through it anyway, UFC said no. But she herself admitted to the injury. Is it another conspiracy theory? Did UFC pay her off to pretend too? lol

UFC's in debt my guy. you think they invested all their cash to buy Pride, WEC and Strikeforce? even Marc Cuban is a UFC bondholder. now the loan was due recently. so if they paid it all back, then your right, they aint in debt. financial analysts didnt prove shit since they cant get into UFC's books. this UFC lawsuit is a big deal cus it will open UFC's business in which they keep real private.

Claudias arm was in a sling at her last post fight press conference. she was gonna be ready for Jan. she said she can fight in Nov after they announced it cus she wants her shot. its been known she was hurt. And Dana knew that. Claudia initially said she would be ready for Joanna when her hand was healed. Dana wasnt going for that, especially once they moved ir up.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
UFC's in debt my guy. you think they invested all their cash to buy Pride, WEC and Strikeforce? even Marc Cuban is a UFC bondholder. now the loan was due recently. so if they paid it all back, then your right, they aint in debt. financial analysts didnt prove shit since they cant get into UFC's books. this UFC lawsuit is a big deal cus it will open UFC's business in which they keep real private.
lolwut

Pride, WEC, and Strikeforce cost less than 100 million dollars combined lol you think they went in to debt for those orgs? lol

Mark Cuban being financially involved in the UFC was rumors back in like 2006 that turned out to be not true, hence the reason he held his own MMA show and started featuring other MMA shows on his TV network. He wanted involved in the UFC and they told him no. The fuck you talking about Mark Cuban is a bondholder lol no he ain't.

You say financial analysts didn't prove shit, but Foul Mouth of Siccness.net knows all about the UFC finances talking about 10 year old Mark Cuban -rumors- and organizations they got for cheap putting them in debt? lol ok