MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
that card would have to have Jones come back title shot, CM Punks debut, and Diaz vs GSP/Silva 2 in order to hit 2 mill. no one knows who the fuck Cyborg is.

i think Rousey vs Cyborg by itself could do better than McGregor vs Aldo does. i'm sure there would be a bigger world tour too.

Apr 25, 2002
it would be an uphill battle to push that. but they would push it harder than McGregor cus it has a real story. for years, even prior to Rousey. also Rousey her self has been fueling the fire. the only thing hurting this fight is that they are both chicks.

Cyborg is one of the worlds most unknown, most dominating fighters. i'd say more dominating than Rousey.

Apr 25, 2002
daaamn. i didn't know that. PPV's mighta changed that tho.

that's how far back the story goes. retiring the "Rousey" of that era.

plus Cyborgs first amercian fight she demolished Shayna Baszler. Rouseys dawg.

Feb 10, 2006
it would break a million for sure, Ronda is hella mainstream now and it would only take her to get that draw. Hardcore fans only know Cyborg but at this point people just wanna see what Ronda's going to do next(Mike Tyson factor) how is she going to win?

Apr 25, 2002
if Rousey can keep winning (i don't want her too) her and Cyborg can do over a mill. UFC will push the shit out of it. they have the rights to all Cyborgs American fights (Strikeforce and Elite), which is basically Carano's career and the beginning of Rouseys. they can edit clips, add audio, and make the shit. Cyborg got a fight in Invicta coming up but she is signed to UFC. she'll probably run through a 135'er in the UFC then get a title shot. the only reason why she wouldn't get a title shot off bat is because she hasn't hit 135 yet.

Cyborg got a 145 fight in July, she'll win. Rousey got a fight in Brazil in August, she'll win. Cyborg will get a UFC 135 fight late 2015/early 16, she'll win. Rousey will fight Jessica Eye late 2015/early 16, unfortunately, Rousey will win. im'a say Rousey vs Cyborg mid to late 2016. assuming Cyborg can make weight. if she loses a little muscle lbs's she would still be vicious, and make weight.

Apr 25, 2002
Skrap Pack/Gracie Fighter Leslie Smith made some fuck in SF look stupid.

from Cesar Gracies Facebook:

Dirtbag decides to sexually harass group of females. What he didn't know was that 2 of the women were MMA fighters currently in the UFC.

While going out to a club in San Francisco, a malcontent male decided to cop a feel of a female entering the club. The female turned to her friend, current UFC fighter, Leslie Smith and exclaimed, "that guy just grabbed my a$$".
Leslie approached the man and said, "hey you can't do that" at which point the larger male responded, "f@ck you I can do whatever I want"
Leslie retorted, no muthaf@cker you can't"

At this point the man became irate and spat on Leslie's face. He then proceeded to take a punch at what he thought would be an indefensible woman

Wrong

Leslie ducked the punch and shot in for a takedown. She quickly got to the mans back and applied a choke but decided he needed some elbow strikes and punches to learn a valuable lesson.

The man unable to fend off the better fighter, desperately grabbed at Leslie's hair and in vain resorted to fighting like a girl.

Approaching the melee was Leslie's friend and Meisha Tate training partner, UFC fighter Heather Clark.

Heather, without missing a beat, delivered a running soccer kick to the man's nether regions.

Leslie again achieved mount and delivered a series of elbows until the man, now having his face looking more like hamburger meat, yelled out that he was sorry and that he respected them.
At this point Leslie disengaged and allowed the man to get up and go. He left
having learned a valuable lesson and the women returned to the club.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Bader deserved it...

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight
BREAKING: Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson will be the next UFC light heavyweight title fight. Date and venue TBD.

Apr 25, 2002
that's bullshit. Gus comes off a loss to get a title shot. I mean it happens but I don't like what they're doing to this belt.

they shoulda had a tournament. but that wouldnt've been fair to Rumble.