MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
UFC's Reebok deal is already starting to look terrible.

Ed Ruth 3x national wrestling champion who was in talks with both the UFC and Bellator picked Bellator solely on sponsorship opportunity.

3x College Wrestling Champ Wants His Own Sponsors, Signs With Bellator | BJPENN.COM

A major MMA prospect has decided to sign with Bellator instead of the UFC and the Reebok deal may have had something to do with it.

Ed Ruth, who is a three-time national wrestling champion and four-time all American, has decided to go with Bellator MMA

The Penn State wrestler talked to MMAFighting about his decision and revealed that sponsorships did come into play.

“I’ve known for a long time now that after I get Olympic gold around my neck, I was going to go get some MMA gold for my waist. I’ve been talking with all the major organizations, and at the end of the day, I really believe in what Scott Coker is doing with Bellator. They’re signing the top talent, they’re putting on exciting fights, and they’re letting me secure my own sponsors.

“It will be a little while until I step into the cage for the first time, but when I do, everyone they put in front of me is in for a world of hurt.”

Is this the first step in top talent going elsewhere because of the UFC’s Reebok deal?

Apr 25, 2002
UFC needs the fighters. fighters don't need UFC. that was/is the goal of all fighters but this Reebok shit will change that. the deal helps some but it hurts the "big" fighters, who UFC needs. plus it's gay that Reebok signs certain fighters to an exclusive deal, which has nothing to do with seniority, which the new tier pay outs are basically based on.

all these dudes/chicks coming up need to think twice about TUF or signing any UFC contract. UFC can keep you for hella fights, but barely fight you if they want.

we'll see how Bellator grows in the next couple years. they're gonna grab a lot more prospects who have a Bellator/UFC choice.

*edit*
Joanna "Champion" is one of the dopest fighters in UFC and she don't have a Reebok deal. she sports hella Jordans on instagram. im interested in seeing how Reebok works that one. she don't fuck with Reebok.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
Damn, sad news today...

JENNIFER SWIFT J @jennifer _SwifT · 24m 24 minutes ago
#RIP #CoreyHill you were a warrior to the end.

JENNIFER SWIFT [USER=39057]@jennifer[/USER]_SwifT · 14m 14 minutes ago
#CoreyHill Had been battling fungal pneumonia. One lung removed. A week or 2 later lung collapsed.

[IMG] JENNIFER SWIFT [USER=39057]@jennifer[/USER]_SwifT · 14m 14 minutes ago
#CoreyHill it was said he had no brain activity. Was on life support untill this morning. #RIP

UFC Statement

The UFC family mourns the tragic loss of Corey Hill, who passed away on May 14 due to complications from pneumonia at the age of 36. Fans will remember Corey for his time as a lightweight
competitor who fought multiple times for the organization in 2008 and was a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter season 5. UFC sends its condolences to the family and friends of Corey Hill.

[IMG]http://www.gracietampa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Cory_Hill_mma.jpg