MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
Conor had the Brazilians going crazy today lol. Here is a picture from their first presser. BTW they had Ronda and Bethe talk and square off as well. Gotta say even tho Bethe is nothing to look at she does have a PHAT ASS lol. More pics to come...

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Metamoris 6 is looking like a nice card. One of these days I hope Barnett goes against somebody his own size though lol

Josh Barnett vs. Roberto Abreu
Chael Sonnen vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral
Joe Lauzon vs. Dillon Davis
Alexandre Ribeiro vs. Keenan Cornelius
Roberto Satoshi vs. Clark Gracie
Jeff Monson vs. RTM champion*

*rtm road to metamoris champ, not crowned yet! *

Apr 25, 2002
‘Cyborg’ UFC Deal Confirmed; Must Fight at 135 Pounds in Invicta to Earn Rousey Bout

Cristiane Justino has indeed signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, but the agreement between the parties occurred approximately two months ago.

Dana White confirmed to UFC Tonight on Wednesday that “Cyborg” signed with the Las Vegas-based promotion prior to her Feb. 28 fight at Invicta FC 11. However, in order for Justino to receive her desired matchup with women’s bantamweight queen Ronda Rousey, she must compete at 135 pounds in Invicta.

Justino is expected to defend her featherweight strap at Invicta FC 13 on July 10. After that, the Brazilian is expected to make the cut to bantamweight for a late 2015 appearance with the all-female promotion. Assuming all goes well there, “Cyborg” will be able to make her highly-anticipated UFC debut sometime in 2016.

Earlier on Wednesday, speculation regarding Justino’s status intensified after Brazilian outlet Combate published a social media post from the fighter which seemed to indicate that the former Strikeforce titlist was already in the UFC. The full statement is as follows:

Your excuses for not fighting me are falling almost as fast as you will when I get you in the cage - stop with the reckless steroid allegations- I am clean! You know I have passed multiple test, including random testing- lets do Olympic random testing you and I- like Mayweather/Pacquiao- and one less excuse for you to hide behind - Lorenzo signed me- I'm back and coming for you - but you will either retire to movies or run to 125 like you ran from me at 145- you will never be the best until you fight the best- step up- it takes two to scrap- don't be scared- the fans see me coming and you talking- have some respect for the fans- it's embarrassing how you will go up in weight to fight Gina or Leila but not me- regardless I'm coming for you- make an effort instead of just hiding behind excuses - you may have 99 excuses not to fight me - but not being in the UFC ain't one.

While the “Lorenzo [Fertitta] signed me” portion of that statement is essentially true, the UFC Tonight report revealed the stipulations Justino must meet in order to make the Rousey showdown a reality.

In her most recent outing, Justino successfully defended her featherweight title at Invicta FC 11, stopping Charmaine Tweet via technical knockout 46 seconds into the first round.

Rousey, meanwhile, dispatched Cat Zingano via armbar in just 14 seconds in her last appearance at UFC 184. The Olympic judoka is set to defend her title against Bethe Correia at UFC 190 on Aug. 1.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Injunction hearing postponed between Bellator and UFC 186's 'Rampage' Jackson

A judge held off on a decision to grant Bellator MMA an injunction against Quinton Jackson today in a New Jersey court.

Karen L. Suter, a judge with the chancery division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County, postponed a ruling to Tuesday at 10 a.m., court rep Donna Mazzanti told MMAjunkie.

Additional details on the delay were unavailable, Mazzanti said.

Bellator is attempting to block “Rampage” Jackson (35-11 MMA, 7-5 UFC) from fighting Fabio Maldonado at UFC 186, which takes place April 25 at Montreal’s Bell Centre. The Viacom-owned promotion filed suit against the ex-champ in chancery court on March 4, alleging he breached a deal signed in June 2013.

Jackson believes Bellator breached the contract. He signed with the UFC this past December amid warnings from Bellator executives that the promotion would fight to protect its rights in court.

Bellator President Scott Coker on Wednesday declined to comment on the injunction request, citing pending litigation. UFC officials have thus far declined comment, as has Jackson’s longtime manager, Anthony McGann.

As MMAjunkie previously reported, a failed contract renegotiation preceded Jackson’s fallout with Bellator. The fighter has said the promotion failed to provide a report of the pay-per-view performance of Bellator 120, which featured his headliner opposite Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal, among other breaches.

A matching clause could complicate Jackson’s efforts to free himself, as one legal expert noted. Suter, however, will decide whether Jackson’s alleged breaches are strong enough to prevent him from fighting at UFC 186.