MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Brian Bowles Arrested For Meth, Weed, Gun Charges

Looks like he was arrested a couple weeks ago, but the news just broke today.

Former WEC Champ Brian Bowles Arrested for Possession of Methamphetamine

Former World Extreme Cagefighting bantamweight champion Brian Bowles was arrested on Jan. 14 in Arcade, Ga., on several drug-related charges.

According to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, Bowles was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of a schedule IV drug, possession of schedule IV drug with intent to sell, possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of tools for the commission of a crime and possession of firearm during the commission of a crime. Another woman, Rhomney Marie Moon, was arrested on the same charges.

The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the Bowles’ residence on Stoner Road in Arcade, Ga., in order to serve an arrest warrant on a woman who was believed to be on the premises. While the woman in question was not present, it was determined that Moon did have an outstanding warrant. After methamphetamine was found in the “immediate area,” a search warrant was executed and “a quantity of marijuana, other narcotics, a gun and numerous packaging materials were also located within the home.”

Bowles and Moon were then transported to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office. An inmate records search reveals that Bowles remains incarcerated since his arrest. A representative from the Sheriff’s Office was unable to release any further details to Sherdog.com, and due to state law, a mug shot was not available.

Bowles has not competed since a second-round technical knockout loss to George Roop at UFC 160. After the loss, Bowles failed his post-fight drug test due to an elevated testosterone to epitestosterone (T/E) ratio and he was suspended for nine months. The 34-year-old’s MMA career peaked in 2009, when he knocked out Miguel Torres at WEC 42 to capture the promotion’s bantamweight crown. He would relinquish the belt to Dominick Cruz before the WEC dissolved.

Bowles then went 2-2 in the Octagon, besting Damacio Page and Takeya Mizugaki while falling to Urjiah Faber and Roop.

Feb 10, 2006
Chris Weidman-Vitor Belfort off, Ronda Rousey-Cat Zingano takes UFC 184 headlining ro

its official, FFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCC!!

The heavily anticipated UFC middleweight title fight between champ Chris Weidman and top challenger Vitor Belfort is off.

MMAjunkie has learned from several sources close to the promotion that Weidman has suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from the contest. The sources all spoke on the condition of anonymity because none of them were authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

An announcement from the organization is expected shortly.

The contest was expected to headline next month’s UFC 184 event, but that honor will now fall to UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who faces Cat Zingano in what was originally announced as the co-main event.

UFC 184 takes place Feb. 28 at Los Angeles’ Staples Center. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims that air on FOX Sports 1 and stream on UFC Fight Pass.

More on this in just a moment.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
its official, FFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCC!!

The heavily anticipated UFC middleweight title fight between champ Chris Weidman and top challenger Vitor Belfort is off.

MMAjunkie has learned from several sources close to the promotion that Weidman has suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from the contest. The sources all spoke on the condition of anonymity because none of them were authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

An announcement from the organization is expected shortly.

The contest was expected to headline next month’s UFC 184 event, but that honor will now fall to UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who faces Cat Zingano in what was originally announced as the co-main event.

UFC 184 takes place Feb. 28 at Los Angeles’ Staples Center. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims that air on FOX Sports 1 and stream on UFC Fight Pass.

More on this in just a moment.
the ufc said it had one of its lowest ppv buys last year so what do they do they jack the price up $5 now with the main event done for I'm sure this will do great numbers

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Rampage is looking big as fuck. I don't know why he keeps making the cut since he said he hates cutting weight. Dude should just fight at Heavyweight since he wants fights with people who just want to stand and bang, not too many HW's try and wrestle.

Rampage is looking at least 250. I remember he went in to his camp before the Bader fight at 260.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Stephen Thompson is out of the main event at Fight Night Denver against Brandon Thatch in 2 weeks now too lol damn this is a terrible day for the UFC.

How long until Cowboy jumps on twitter and says he's down? lol
Benson Henderson is stepping in on 2 weeks notice to fight Thatch.

Benson Henderson is nuts, dude is going up a weight class to fight somebody who's 5 inches taller and is a killer.

Benson trying to act like Cowboy is about to back fire.

trips

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Victor Belfort speaks

About the cancellation of my UFC 184 fight.

I would like to say that, as everyone else, I’m very disappointed with all this situation.
For exactly one year, I have seen my dream to make history in UFC with my 3rd world title in a different weight category postponed.

Here are some facts:

- UFC had to reschedule the middleweight world title content 3 times because of my opponent’s injuries. (from May/14 to July/14- Weidman had a knee surgery, from December/14 to February/15 - Weidman had his hand broken, from February/15 to probably May/15- Weidman had his ribs hurt)

- MY FOCUS WAS ALWAYS THE MIDDLEWEIGHT BELT AND I CLIMBED THE LADDER TO ACHIEVE MY POSITION.

- This is why I won't fight for an interim, but if UFC gives 8 weeks and the middleweight Belt available for dispute I fight with anyone from the ranking. Not for an Interin, But the Middleweight Belt!

- I’ve been in this sport for 19 years and I have never let UFC down.

- I accepted to fight for the Light Heavyweight Belt right after the my sister got kidnapped and I still won the world championship.

- I offered myself to fight in the UFC 152 against Jon Jones with less than 8 weeks to prepare myself to the bout and I had exactly the same injury my opponent has now and still I stepped up to the fight.

I would like to thank UFC, the press and fans support, always.
Focused in the Middleweight Belt!