MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
Joe Riggs just shot himself in the hand and leg cleaning his gun.. Ouch.
What a stupid sonuvabitch. I've never understood how muthafuckas shoot themselves cleaning guns. You really have to be dumb as hell. I mean, the fucking first thing you're supposed to do is remove the clip and empty the chamber....

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz set for Jan. 31 in Las Vegas

A five-round matchup between Anderson Silva (33-6 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and Nick Diaz will take place Jan. 31 in Las Vegas.

UFC President Dana White today revealed the bout will serve as a headlining contest for what is expected to serve as UFC 183. A specific venue for the card has yet to be announced

“The fight that the fans have been waiting for, the fight that the fans have been screaming for … we have made Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz, Jan. 31 in Las Vegas,” White said today on ESPN’s “SportsCenter.” “It will be the main event, and it will be five rounds.”

UFC President Dana White informed MMAjunkie the contest will take place at 185 pounds.

Silva fights for the first time since this past December’s UFC 168, where “The Spider” suffered a horrific leg break that looked as if it could potentially end his incredible career. Instead, the 39-year-old has been steadfastly focused on a return to the cage, and White said doctors recently cleared him to return to action.

“Anderson Silva feels great,” White said. “It will be a 13-month layoff. … He’s 100 percent healthy. He’s kicking. He feels great, and he’s chomping at the bit to get back in the octagon. He’s very excited for this fight.”

Meanwhile, Diaz fights for the first time since March 2013. The fiery fan-favorite has been on hiatus since that time, enjoying a semi-retirement while considering his future options. The veteran brawler recently signed a new contract with the UFC, and White said a victory at UFC 183 could potentially see him involved in a future title shot.

“If (Diaz) comes in and beats Anderson Silva, absolutely, he could fight for the title,” White said. “He’s right in there. It would be a huge, huge win for him.”

r.i.p. silva

Apr 25, 2002
Rip Silva? You really, honestly think Diaz has a chance with them pitter patter ass shots?!? Ok

GSP stayed wrestling Diaz down due to pitter patter ass shots.

Condit ran from pitter patter ass shots.

BJ damn near retired from pitter patter ass shots.

Paul Daley started sleep walking from pitter patter ass shots.

Evangelista Santos got submitted like (snap) that cus he didnt want no more pitter patter ass shots.

thats only his last handfull of fights. its 2014 breh. his shots are only called pitter patter by dudes who cant stand Diaz. alotta thats due to his mouth.

*edit:

future champ Lawler's only ko loss is from pitter patter hands.

Diego Sanchez (who probably coined pitter patter) was so scared of pitter patter that he tried to keep Diaz on the ground their whole fight.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2006
Damn another great fight, cant wait! Im a huge fan of both. not sure if anderson silva is the same after a injury like that, im leaning towards nick diaz in this one

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
If Silva loses i will make my avatar nick diaz
I ain't saying Diaz is gonna win, but when people talk about his "pitter patter"shots I have to laugh.

His pitter patter shots slept Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Zaromskis (3 of the hardest hitting Welterweights in history)

TKO'd Gleison Tibau and Frank Shamrock

rocked Cyborg leading to the sub, turned BJ Penn's face in to hamburger and stole his will to fight, had Carlos Condit a guy who has never ran in his career and never been afraid to exchange with anybody backpeddling and running

and the list goes on. Dudes "pitter patter" fucks people up.

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
Accumulation of shots for sure add up. But he IS a volume puncher, you cant deny that. My choice of words were wrong, i admit that. And Andy is getting old. I just dont see how this works out well for Nick. He is also coming off a layoff himself. Iam absolutely very excited for this. About fucking time Uncle Dana puts on a fight for the fans. I find it hilarious that he's saying diaz can get a title shot with a win

Apr 25, 2002
Condit fought that way to WIN. pussy? Yes. Scared? Come on now!

Condit ran from the hands cus he was scared he would lose if he stood with Diaz.

he wasnt "pussy" that he would lose. he was "scared" he would lose. you can play with the words all you want g. Condit was scared of defeat. and Condit is dope as fuck on his feet.

i aint sayin Diaz is gonna win (or lose). but his hands aint no joke.

Apr 25, 2002
But he IS a volume puncher, you cant deny that.

thats true, but you need to be accurate for the volume to have an effect. he's accurate as fuck. and one punch ko'd Lawler. Hendricks and Matt Brown couldnt even accomplish that, and they're known for their hands, as is Lawler.

these dudes are both my favorite fighters. someones gettin tko'd or Silvas getting submitted.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I don't see Joe Riggs getting another shot with the UFC after this shit. First he missed weight for his world title fight against Matt Hughes turning a PPV title fight in to a 3 round "catch weight", then he brawled in a hospital in public with Nick Diaz, now he shoots himself in the leg just days after being called back up.

Dana White is probably saying fuck Joe Riggs right now.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Alex Caceres replaces Urijah Faber, meets Masanori Kanehara at UFC Fight Night 52

One of his recent opponents has replaced Urijah Faber at next month’s UFC Fight Night 52 event in Japan.

An injury has forced former WEC champ Faber (31-7 MMA, 7-3 UFC) off the card, and Alex Caceres (10-6 MMA, 5-4 UFC), whose four-fight winning streak came to an end with a recent loss to Faber, has stepped in as a replacement to fight bantamweight Masenori Kanehara (23-11-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

The UFC’s Japanese website recently noted the change (touch of gloves: Sherdog.com).

Featuring a heavyweight contest between Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson, UFC Fight Night 52 takes place Sept. 20 at Saitama Arena at Saitama, Japan. UFC Fight Pass streams the whole card.

Kanehara, a UFC newcomer, was going to be a massive underdog to Faber, who’s ranked No. 3 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings. Caceres, meanwhile, is an honorable mention and just outside the top 15.

Caceres was on a 4-0 run (with one no-contest that originally was a victory) before he got a major step up in competition and suffered a third-round decision loss to Faber at UFC 175. Prior to the loss, the 26-year-old “TUF 12″ vet picked up a solid win over prospect Sergio Pettis, which netted him a pair of fight-night bonuses.

Kanehara, meanwhile, is a 31-year-old Japanese product who makes his UFC debut. Fighting professionally since 2003, Kanehara opened his career with a pedestrian 3-3-4 mark but has gone on to build an impressive record while competing for World Victory Road/Sengoku, Pancrase and DEEP. Seventeen of his 23 career wins have come via stoppage.

The latest UFC Fight Night 52 card now includes:

Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson
Takanori Gomi vs. Myles Jury
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Amir Sadollah
Rin Nakai vs. Miesha Tate
Alex Caceres vs. Masanori Kanehara
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Jon Delos Reyes
Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Richard Walsh
Katsunori Kikuno vs. Sam Sicilia
Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Takenori Sato
Kyung Ho Kang vs. Michinori Tanaka
Johnny Case vs. Kazuki Tokudome