MMA News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
that division is still fucked. they built a whole shallow class around 1 chick (Rousey) and now its lacking. she's either gonna start barely fighting or she gonna start fighting lower top 10's.

Strawweight will be more interesting.

Feb 10, 2006
It still won't matter. Rousey is the biggest bitch to be fighting at 135, UFC protecting her but whatevers. I'd still like to see Mcmann get a rematch tho. Holm will get stopped real quick by the refs so Rousey can look legit abyways

Feb 10, 2006
If holm can keep it standing when she fights Rousey(big fuccin if) shell give her problems in the stand up. She's working on em but rouseys striking game if awful

Apr 25, 2002
If holm can keep it standing when she fights Rousey(big fuccin if) shell give her problems in the stand up. She's working on em but rouseys striking game if awful

Holm is super fucked on the ground. possibly would be the fastest armbar in history. i dont see Ronda staying on her feet once she gets suprised with a crazy ass kick. she'll either be knocked out, or she'll take the beating to get to the clinch, then the fights done. she'll roll or dive for the clinch if she has to. it'll be exciting for 20 seconds.

if Holm wins, i think she'll catch Rousey with a kick fast and that will end it or it will set up a tko with her hands. Holm is not ready for Rouseys clinch/ground, and Rousey aint ready for Holm's legs. both them aint been tested like that.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol what the fuck, apparently Khabib vs. Cerrone was signed and just 20 minutes later Khabib blew his knee out at the gym.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 4m

RT S @shaun alshatti: Aww man. Khabib-Cerrone was DONE. 20 minutes later... Khabib blew out his knee in the gym.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
violence!!!!

Bellator bolsters roster with Semtex Daley & Melvin Manhoef

Since the day Bellator President Scott Coker joined the promotion, the goal has been to create the most entertaining fights possible under the Bellator banner. With that in mind, Bellator has added knockout kingpins Paul “Semtex” Daley (34-13) and Melvin “No Mercy” Manhoef (28-11) to the roster. The two veterans have both amassed impressive careers, including an astonishing 51 career knockouts between the two heavy-handed strikers.

Daley rejoins Bellator after a dominating debut in 2012 with a first round knockout over Rudy Bears at Bellator 72. Only 31, the Nottingham based striker is looking to make his mark on the Bellator Welterweight Division.

“Like always, I’m coming into Bellator to put on a show,” Daley said. “I loved working for Coker back in Strikeforce, and when I got the call to possibly come back to Bellator, it was a no-brainer. I feel great, I’m fresh, and I’m going after that belt.”

Manhoef will join an already deep middleweight division as the Dutch kickboxer brings his finishing skills to the Bellator cage and Spike TV. The former Strikeforce and K-1 veteran is on a mission to provide explosive finishes, and with potential matchups with Alexander Shlemenko, Brennan Ward, Brett Cooper and Doug Marshall on the horizon, fans should expect fireworks inside the Bellator Middleweight Division.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We want Bellator to be a destination for not only the top-tier fighters in the sport, but the first-choice destination for fans to see the most entertaining fights in the sport,” Coker said. “Both Paul and Melvin add a level of excitement to the roster that I can’t wait to see inside our cage, and this is just the beginning.”