The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

Combat Sports Discuss the combat sports such as Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Boxing, & Kickboxing.



User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #361
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG
 
2-0-Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 41,480
Propped 28,600 Times in 10,179 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 2-0-Sixx
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Foul Mouth View Post
im not gonna get into it. i dont give a shit about any bodies opinion. a bad game plan dont mean bad fight, as far as me sayin greatest fight ever. he won every rd imo with a bad game plan. its not that deep but its obvious it dont make sense to you. it is what it is. im not gonna go back and fourth. you guys are all right. high five. you argue with mental tactic and i dont have time for that. mental gymnastics. if it makes you feel better then take it.
What I'm asking you though is to at least explain why. Explain what exactly Conor did, rounds 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, which you scored all for Conor, that we can't see that won him these rounds. That's all I'm saying man, because numerous times you've said us "pro boxing" minds can't see what Conor was doing. I'm very curious to know since you said coaches will study this shit.

At the end of the day Boxing is about landing punches. That's how a fight is won or lost. So if he's not landing more punches, not landing more significant punches, he's not dodging more punches, then I really don't know what else is left. Him being an 0-0 fighter doesnt give him extra credit. That's not how scoring works. Him being in the ring with "the greatest ever" doesnt give him extra credit. It's always going to boil down to punches.

So I'm extremely interested to understand what you saw in the fight that no one else did.

Quote:
i know Lomachenko. i do like him. who said i want to see fluid motion. i never brought that into this thread and never said Conor was water in the ring.
I didn't say water either. You implied his movement when saying his style and stance were going to give Floyd so much problems and that Floyd is "open as fuck" when he punches so Conor will easily counter.

I did just look back at one page that I thought was interesting, battle said Conor will gass after three rounds because he won't be used to boxing and you countered by saying he shouldn't because "thats cus in a 3 round mma fight, you only get 2 breaks. and your fighting for 5 minutes. a 15 minute boxing match you get 4 breaks and your fighting for 3 minutes. so i dont doubt anymore than Conor can go 12 boxing. unless he constantly throws punches that dont connect which will drain him. if he's missing that much, then that means Floyd is fucking Conor up and Conor gets stopped.

So I'm curious what you think about the bolded? Recently you were saying Conor was doing things we can't see, slipping all of Floyd's punches, won every round but one before the stoppage, but because of the bold, it would seem perhaps Conor was missing a lot of punches and was getting fucked up. Curious about that. Or was there a different reason?


Quote:
some say Lomachenko has that foorwork cus of dance lessons. maybe. if so, he brought somethng from the outside to the ring. good for him. i said things about Conor bringin somethin new but you still painted your own picture. you think Lomachenko looked dope (cus he is) cus he looks like a boxer. not sure why you made the comparrison on my behalf. didnt work, but i get it.
Can you tell me what these things are that Conor brought into the sport of Boxing? I just don't like these vague statements so much as I do the details. Like I said I think Conor deserves a lot of credit here, I just want to know what you're seeing that was so good.
__________________
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:57 AM   #362
Tha Skore
Sicc OG
 
Tha Skore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 629
Propped 1,205 Times in 360 Posts
I gotta give Mcgregor his props, Nobody imagined he would put on a performance like that, it will leave me forever wondering how it would of been if he didnt gas out and fatigue
__________________



Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by carlos View Post
this nigga and goldie loc use to kill niggas back in the days in they car....they use to shoot niggas in the face and in the chest them niggas is straight up thugz fasho
Tha Skore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Tha Skore:
Old 08-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #363
CZAR
Sicc OG
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,156
Propped 858 Times in 584 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Tha Skore View Post
I gotta give Mcgregor his props, Nobody imagined he would put on a performance like that, it will leave me forever wondering how it would of been if he didnt gas out and fatigue
Just like it leaves me wondering what if Khan had a chin. or what if Victor Ortiz wasnt a quitter lol. If my Auntie had nuts she would be my Uncle. McGregor was a joke and will be the bud of a Mayweather joke in getting Floyd 300 mill. LMAO!! Got Em!!
__________________
CZAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #364
RM211
Sicc OG
 
RM211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,742
Propped 4,925 Times in 1,893 Posts
it was a close and entertaining fight b4 the stoppage, Mayweather's gameplan of Conor tiring out worked perfectly for him. Once he saw that he took over. plain and simple. Although the judges had Floyd up by a pretty wide margin my questions will remain as well. what if he didn't gas out?? We can sit here and say Floyd was "letting" conor do this and that but the truth is Floyd was in there against something's he hasn't seen in a very long time. Floyd was trying to ko him from rd 1, he couldn't catch him due to conor's slipping and moving.

Botom line, Floyd did what he was supposed to do and that's beat a 0-0 limited boxer. Easy payday in the end...
RM211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #365
CZAR
Sicc OG
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,156
Propped 858 Times in 584 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
It wasnt close lmao!! Conor won 2 rounds at the most and that was the first 2 while Floyd was checking his power and timing. After that it turned into a sparring session. How some of yall dont see that is amazing to me. Conor didnt do jack shit and needs to stay in the UFC cause he would get thrashed if he tries to stay in boxing. Got Em!!
__________________
CZAR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To CZAR:
Old 08-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #366
Foul Mouth
Sicc OG
 
Foul Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,604
Propped 1,458 Times in 758 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by 2-0-Sixx View Post
I did just look back at one page that I thought was interesting, battle said Conor will gass after three rounds because he won't be used to boxing and you countered by saying he shouldn't because "thats cus in a 3 round mma fight, you only get 2 breaks. and your fighting for 5 minutes. a 15 minute boxing match you get 4 breaks and your fighting for 3 minutes. so i dont doubt anymore than Conor can go 12 boxing. unless he constantly throws punches that dont connect which will drain him. if he's missing that much, then that means Floyd is fucking Conor up and Conor gets stopped.

So I'm curious what you think about the bolded? Recently you were saying Conor was doing things we can't see, slipping all of Floyd's punches, won every round but one before the stoppage, but because of the bold, it would seem perhaps Conor was missing a lot of punches and was getting fucked up. Curious about that. Or was there a different reason?

i mentioned in a post earlier why i thought his stamina was draining as soon as he set foot in the ring.

aside from that. i thought Conor woulda used a more counter pointing type game plan and not be the aggressor as much early on, save energy. i knew he would go in there throwing Mayweather off just based on stance and foot movement and just body positioning, and i figured he was gonna throw punches different than what Mayweather was used to. everybody thought his only chance was to go in there swingin and try to get the flash ko. that was dumb imo cus 1, he aint that strong, 2, he woulda been gassed by the 2nd and mighta not made it out of the 2nd. even though he didnt do that, he still threw a lot of punches cus imo he connected more than Mayweather and he knew/figured that. even though Mayweather takes a rd or 2 to figure out his pro boxer opponents system and movement, and he might get hit a couple times, i cant remember when Mayweather been hit more in the opening rds. its not like all the punches sparked Mayweathers shit. but that wasnt Mayweather being Mayweather and tiring McGregor out by blocking and slipping. that was Mayweather getting hit and scored on, fortunately it still helped drain McGregor. McGregor's shoulder and arm muscles probably drained a lot of energy too. he normally doesnt use his lead hand like that. his shoulder, chest, upper arm muscles were being used the entire time both sides cus he switched. a traditional boxer uses their shoulder area when they throw, not just to do it. personally it looked really effective in getting some jab points and effective for defense, and effective for throwin Mayweather off. regardless, your still using muscles and draining and you have to account for that. Conor said in an interview after the fight that him moving around Mayweathers back drained him cus ref would stop it and it'd be energy that was totally useless. i think that was a good idea it did throw Mayweather off, it just didnt translate with the ref and was a drain.

thats pretty much why i think Conor drained so hard. i dont think in any rd other then the 9th did Conor get fucked up by Mayweather.

its not like a think Conor destroyed Floyd. Conors best rds were 1-3 and even those were close in my eyes. 4 and 5 were closer. 6 7 and 8 were closer. 9 imo was totally Floyd. i dont know what to tell you, i think he won the rds cus of points. thats exactly how Floyd wins majority of time. thats the game. i think all rds were close, you guys think they werent. im not gonna go back and fourth about Floyd landed more or Conor landed more. like i said. you guys are right. no biggie.



Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by 2-0-Sixx View Post
Can you tell me what these things are that Conor brought into the sport of Boxing? I just don't like these vague statements so much as I do the details. Like I said I think Conor deserves a lot of credit here, I just want to know what you're seeing that was so good.

why do you think Conor deserves credit? cus he managed to not get ko'd within 9 against a master who was toying with him for 9? im interested in knowing why you personally give him credit.

as far as details, its irrelevant. you watched the fight and "know" what happened and you didnt see anything effective happening through Conor. in your eyes, he wasnt effective, so any details are dismissed off the top, cus they didnt bring anything to the table. someone like Sugar Ray Leonard who obviously knows boxing saw something in there and had an appreciation that you guys dont have. dont know what he scored the rds but he saw what was happening. it just differs from what you saw.

Sugar Ray Leonard:
"McGregor surprised me, he impressed me, with being able to utilize his own style to keep Mayweather off balance for a few rds, 4 or 5 rds..."

"the fact that he used his jab, and being a southpaw, its pretty difficult, but then he switced up, he did some things that a normal guy wouldn't do but, i'll tell you what he was tough..."

"well from the 1st rd to the 6th rd maybe, Floyd was like not, he had yet to figure out McGregor..."
Foul Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:59 PM   #367
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG
 
2-0-Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 41,480
Propped 28,600 Times in 10,179 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 2-0-Sixx
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by RM211 View Post
Floyd was trying to ko him from rd 1, he couldn't catch him due to conor's slipping and moving.
What?

Floyd threw 6 punches in round 1. He was defensive the entire round. He only landed a single jab and a single straight right.

Floyd threw 10 punches in round 2. Again, defensive round. He landed 5 punches, 4 of which were jabs.

Floyd threw 12 punches in round 3. Defensive round again.

Floyd picked it up in the 4th, landing 16 punches out of 31 thrown. He landed more in the 4th than the previous three rounds combined. From the 4th on, Floyd landed much more punches than Conor and of course a much higher percentage.

Floyd didn't start going for a KO until round 9, when it was clear Conor was finished.

From the 4th round on, Floyd started to throw a lot more power punches. And that became really obvious in the way he started fighting. Rounds 1-3, he hardly threw any at all. I'm not a huge punch stat guy, because they are not perfect, but they can paint the picture and show what kind of activity a guy is having and in this case, what kind of activity.

Look:

Round 4 he threw 28 power punches, which remained the norm from then on until he really started to pick it up (when he was gou for the KO). Power punches thrown;
Round 5 = 23
Round 6 = 28
Round 7 = 44
Round 8 = 35
Round 9 = 55


This is how we can definitively say you're statement that "Floyd was going for a KO from round 1 is false". Here we can see Floyd, rounds 1-3, hardly threw any punches at all, let alone power shots. In order to go for a KO, you must throw power shots, unless you can KO guys with a jab. Rounds 4-6, he's throwing in the mid-20s. Round 7 is a big jump to 44. That's when he started to go for the KO.

Just to use a historical perspective, we've never seen Floyd go for a KO early, at least not since he was 18 or 19 years old fighting bums at the very start of his career. He doesn't have one punch KO power and never had, even when he was young. It wouldn't make any sense at all for Floyd to go for a KO from round 1 and on. If you still disagree with me, even after I broke it down, what punch(es) did Floyd throw in the first half of the fight that was an indication he was going for a KO? He didn't become aggressive until round 5 and really started turning up the heat in Rd 7.

Conor came out throwing a lot of punches. 40-50 punches each of the first three rounds. But none of it had much power behind them. He didn't load up at all. You said what if Conor could have kept that up for 12 rounds. Well, Floyd would have fought a different kind of fight for one, but thats also part of who Conor is - he doesn't have the best stsmina. We could say the same here - what if Floyd actually had real power? Like a Canelo or hell even Cotto, and not brittle hands? Then it would have been lights out for Conor in the first few rounds. But that's a what if game. Also, we can't just leave out the fact that the punches landing on Conor contributed to him losing steam and breaking down. That's part of boxing.



Sidenote: I don't know if that was Conor's game plan, to preserve energy cuz he knew he would get tired. But I thought it would have been smarter for him to load up on punches early on, put everything behind them, and hope to land something big. That's my own personal opinion though on strategy since we know he can't outbox him. Joe Rogan was saying Boxing power is a lot different though, and I do tend to agree, so it could also mean Conor just doesn't have much punching power in boxing and that was in fact him loading up on his shots (which would explain why he's already fatigued in just three rounds).
__________________
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 2-0-Sixx:
Old 08-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #368
Foul Mouth
Sicc OG
 
Foul Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,604
Propped 1,458 Times in 758 Posts
Dana said 6.5 mill buys. i'll believe it when i hear TMT say it.
Foul Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #369
RM211
Sicc OG
 
RM211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,742
Propped 4,925 Times in 1,893 Posts
damn breh I didn't read all that lol. I don't need you to get all analytical on me, breaking shit down from round to round but I did see floyd try and throw some haymakers in there. there wasn't much slipping and moving from conor but when he did it early he made Floyd miss a few times. but its coo if you wanna quote just that part and take it out of context.
RM211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #370
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG
 
2-0-Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 41,480
Propped 28,600 Times in 10,179 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 2-0-Sixx
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by RM211 View Post
damn breh I didn't read all that lol. I don't need you to get all analytical on me, breaking shit down from round to round but I did see floyd try and throw some haymakers in there. there wasn't much slipping and moving from conor but when he did it early he made Floyd miss a few times. but its coo if you wanna quote just that part and take it out of context.
Ok I'll keep it short then, since I took the time out of my day to respond to your comment and you say you can't even read it (which you did though). I wasn't taking things out of context, simply showing you that what you said was incorrect (and showed you why in detail).

-You saw Floyd throw some haymakers, when? I can promise you he didn't throw a haymaker in the first 4 rounds. Would you like to revise your statement or you sticking with "Floyd was going for the KO from round 1?"
__________________
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 2-0-Sixx:
Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #371
RM211
Sicc OG
 
RM211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,742
Propped 4,925 Times in 1,893 Posts
no, not at all. ok, let me put it this way then. He was out of his normal jab circle, jab circle, straight right cross. I do believe I seen Floyd throw an overhand or two to try and put conor on queer street. its coo that ur putting punch stats in the mix, I know you do that all the time but what I'm saying is its not like Floyd was just a sitting ducc, yes he did wait for conor to get tired then took over like a vet would/should do. but its not like he wasn't throwing hooks and overhands to put conor down.
RM211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:04 PM   #372
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG
 
2-0-Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 41,480
Propped 28,600 Times in 10,179 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 2-0-Sixx
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by RM211 View Post
no, not at all. ok, let me put it this way then. He was out of his normal jab circle, jab circle, straight right cross.
Bro, he threw 6 punches in the first round, landed two shots. No haymakers. So we can without a doubt confirm Floyd didn't throw a haymaker in the first, or even a significant power punch in the first round. The punch stats, as well as simply watching the round confirm this. So you can cross this off the lost right? I mean there is video evidence here, it's not like it doesn't exist. Agree?

Rounds 2 and 3 he threw 10 and 12 punches. Total, not landed. Thrown. That means in 3 rounds he only threw 28 punches!

Just to be absolutely sure I watched the first four rounds, again, so that I'm not off base here. There were no haymakers by Floyd. No significant power shots rds 1-3 (certainly none that had KO intentions at least). He was very defensive and hardly even throwing punches. Rd 4 though, like I said that's when Floyd started picking up the pace.

Quote:
I do believe I seen Floyd throw an overhand or two to try and put conor on queer street.
What does this mean? Because you started out by saying he was going for the KO from round 1 on, and throwing haymakers. Now it seems you've downgraded to "try and put Conor on queer street". Also known as, throwing a power punch? This vague definition I suppose could be anything other than a jab.

Quote:
its coo that ur putting punch stats in the mix, I know you do that all the time but what I'm saying is its not like Floyd was just a sitting ducc, yes he did wait for conor to get tired then took over like a vet would/should do. but its not like he wasn't throwing hooks and overhands to put conor down.
Not in the first few rounds he wasn't, which was my argument (I'm saying Conor won those early rounds also because Floyd didn't do shit). I think it was a big bonus that McGregor started to get fatigued so early, but I can almost guarantee he didn't expect him to gas after only three rounds and trained for guy who could last a lot longer.



Anyway, talking about strategy or whatever, a lot is opinion, my whole thing here is you saying Floyd was going for the KO from Rd 1 and throwing haymakers and shit. What's annoying is it's clearly not the case and even with evidence (and video if you check k yourself) you still won't revise your statement, choosing to be stubborn. It's cool though, I just get like OCD when I see something so blatantly incorrect about Boxing lol
__________________
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 2-0-Sixx:
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor [11/12/16] infinity Combat Sports 65 11-18-2016 11:07 AM
UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 8/20/16 drunkaholic707 Combat Sports 208 08-25-2016 02:01 PM
Mayweather vs McGregor Foul Mouth Combat Sports 18 05-26-2016 07:41 PM
UFC 197: Diaz vs. McGregor [3/5/16] infinity Combat Sports 305 03-31-2016 03:58 PM
UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor drunkaholic707 Combat Sports 199 07-20-2015 09:51 AM




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
2017 Siccness Network. All rights reserved.
Back to Top