HBO: Tapia

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
Anyone catch that? 50cent is executive producer. It was pretty good. I think a lot of FNF and Showbox fighters have some compelling stories to tell.

I still stand by someone producing a documentary on Pavlik and Taylor, starting with the buildup to their first fight and the lows that followed for both boxers after their 2nd fight. Sheit I just might have to get that rollin, ha!

May 6, 2002
Watched it over the weekend.
I liked it. They didn't care to state that his cause of death was another overdose. They just put "cardiac arrest" or "heart failure", can't remember what the term was, but basically that's what happens when you OD on cocaine. Your heart gives out. Not sure why they chose to omit that. They spoke about all his OD's except for this last one.

They did a really good job otherwise.

May 6, 2002
Did he really die from an overdose though? Years of cocaine abuse can result in heart failure as well.
At 43? Possibly.
I remember when nes first came out everyone was saying overdose. Now looking online again it says that the autopsy reports came back with him having a proper amount of prescribe narcotics in his system, so ya...maybe his heart was just on the way out and even a little bit of prescription meds (hydrocodone, etc.) could have done it.