GSP just retired

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
He's going on "hiatus" and vacating the belt. Said his life is too crazy for him to handle anymore.
Hendricks vs Lawler March 15th for the title.

At least this opens up the division a ton. Lawler vs Diaz II for the title being the best case scenario

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Lawler-Hendricks is already co-main to Bones-Glover, gonna be a dope card. I still want Condit vs Immortal Matt Brown to happen for #1 contender.
Nick can fight Rory, Ellenberger or Maia

Feb 10, 2006
as of right now there saying Ellenberger vs condit. not official just speculation as of right now. like buzz said tho I still wanna see immortal matt brown n condit go at it. and also don't forget about Woodley dude is start to put on some exciting fights in the ufc. and the big beast Lombard too! this division just got exciting again!

Feb 10, 2006
Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley set for UFC 171 in Dallas

Nick Diaz’s loss is Tyron Woodley‘s gain.

After Diaz turned down a fight with Carlos Condit (29-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) at UFC 171, and UFC President Dana White turned down an eager Woodley (12-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC), the UFC executive has relented.

Promotion officials today announced the Woodley vs. Condit fight for the March 15 event at Dallas’ American Airlines Center. Although its placement on the card is not yet confirmed, it is certain to serve on the pay-per-view main card.

White initially said Woodley’s standing in the 170-pound division precluded him from facing the higher-ranked Condit, whose bout with Matt Brown at this past Saturday’s UFC on FOX 9 event was nixed when Brown suffered a back injury.

While not thrilled about being stalked via cellphone, praised Woodley’s desire to take face Condit after Brown withdrew and Diaz demurred.

“If Tyron Woodley texts me one more time…” White said. “The guy can’t text me enough. I mean, I’m not kidding you. I’m not being a promoter here. He must’ve texted me 15 times a day, and then when this thing with Georges St-Pierre went down, boom! He wants every fight.”

“There are guys like (Woodley) that are out there,” he said. “Those are the guys I want to deal with. Those are the guys I want to hear from. I love Tyron Woodley. I love it.”

Woodley transferred to the UFC following the demise of his longtime promoter, Strikeforce, and instantly made an impression with a first-round knockout of Jay Hieron at UFC 156. In his subsequent outing, however, he squandered his career capital with a lackluster decision loss to Jake Shields at UFC 161.

But at this past month’s UFC 167 event, Woodley rebounded in a big way with a first-round KO of onetime title challenger Josh Koscheck, which impressed White.

Condit recently got back on the winning track by avenging a loss to Martin Kampmann in the headliner of UFC Fight Night 27. Previously, Johny Hendricks outpointed him, and Condit lost a bid for the title of Georges St-Pierre, who recently vacated the belt.

Hendricks and Robbie Lawler are set to headline UFC 171 for the now-vacant title, but the winner of Condit-Woodley is likely to get the winner.

With the addition to the card, UFC 171 now includes:

Champ Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler - for vacant welterweight title
Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley
Hector Lombard vs. Jake Shields
Myles Jury vs. Diego Sanchez
Ovince St. Preux vs. Thiago Silva
Robert McDaniel vs. Tor Troeng
Alex Garcia vs. Sean Spencer

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Nicks gonna fight this year. Dana's gonna cash out cus he lost Silva and GSP for the year. Nick can draw views. he got leverage all day but he got more now.
To add to ur post, cruz will be out(again) pettis and cain wont be back until summertime. so yea the ufc will be huting as far as stacked cards go for half of this year. better get fedor and lesnar on the phone!!

Props: CZAR and CZAR

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
not to mention i read that chris weidman hurt his knee b4 the anderson rematch. so we probably wont see vitor/weidman until july or august...holly holm is good but she's gonna have to string in at least 2 wins b4 she gets her shot. agree with you on the cyborg part. i would actually love to see gina carano bacc in the cage. two big female names in rousey n carano, would do massive ppv numbers.

Apr 25, 2002
Holly Holm dont deserve no UFC title shot or the 6 figure deal her manager wants, but she deserves to be in UFC. they need to drop the Happy Warrior chick if they need room. she aint fought no one special, but she 6-0 with 5 ko/tko. she aint won no belt yet but she fighting for Legacy's womens belt this year. Rousey was 5-0 with 5 1st round armbars. she also didnt fight no one special until she beat Miesha Tate for the Strikeforce belt. her first round armbars got her big. winning Miesha Tates Strikeforce belt (and Miesha Tates heart in the fight) got her huge. thats why UFC got her and "gave" her the belt. they aint got no good reason to not sign Holly Holm (unranked). money is the issue right now, but ol' girl has star momentum. they need to throw her in there and let her prove her self.

Cyborg spooked Gina and made her retire. i saw Cyborgs USA debut at the Stockton Arena when she beat the shit outta Shayna Baszler. if she dropped weight she would be the UFC champ all day and make so much money. Tito Ortiz is her manager so she would have game on UFC.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Holly Holm dont deserve no UFC title shot or the 6 figure deal her manager wants, but she deserves to be in UFC. they need to drop the Happy Warrior chick if they need room. she aint fought no one special, but she 6-0 with 5 ko/tko. she aint won no belt yet but she fighting for Legacy's womens belt this year. Rousey was 5-0 with 5 1st round armbars. she also didnt fight no one special until she beat Miesha Tate for the Strikeforce belt. her first round armbars got her big. winning Miesha Tates Strikeforce belt (and Miesha Tates heart in the fight) got her huge. thats why UFC got her and "gave" her the belt. they aint got no good reason to not sign Holly Holm (unranked). money is the issue right now, but ol' girl has star momentum. they need to throw her in there and let her prove her self.

Cyborg spooked Gina and made her retire. i saw Cyborgs USA debut at the Stockton Arena when she beat the shit outta Shayna Baszler. if she dropped weight she would be the UFC champ all day and make so much money. Tito Ortiz is her manager so she would have game on UFC.

its womens mma breh, nobody has really beat "anybody worthy" its like a new sport, eventually it will come around...Rousey and Cyborg are the front runners tho no doubt. I just threw in gina cuz ppl actually know her from fighting, her dad, and her movies. could possibly do gsp numbers if she would come back and they build the fight up.