Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin vs Canelo Álvarez 9/16 [WBA, WBC, IBF, lineal title]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who wins this REAL fight?

• Total voters
Feb 10, 2006
Originally I thought it could take 6 rounds or so before they really start trading blow for blow and it turns into a war, but the more I think about it I think it's going to happen nearly immediately, what I'm saying is I think this could end up looking like Hagler vs fucking Hearns! I think it's clear Canelo bulked up purposely to go to war and is willing to sacrifice some speed for more power (think JMM vs Pac 4). That could backfire tremendously if Golovkin is prepared for it and gives back as much as he can take, but I think it's a smart plan by Canelo who is confident af if nothing else.

Like I said before I think Golovkin's plan is start off like he did against David Lemeuix - maintaining distance, being cautious of the opponents power while working the jab, with the game plan of wearing down the opponent with that jab over time and slowly increasing the heat round by round. Canelo, while conventional wisdom is to sit back, let Golovkin come to him and try to set up counter shots which Canelo is by nature a counter-puncher, I believe he will be the aggressor right off the bat. He's noticably bulked up quite a bit looking like a ginger Hulk which tells me he's not planning on using his speed and boxing ability to win this fight, rather he's going for all power, like JMM vs Pacquiao IV. I believe the plan is for Canelo to jump on Golovkin early and make it a physical fight quickly. By doing the this early, and taking away space that Golovkin likes to have to get off his shots, could completely throw Golovkin off his game plan and I believe that's exactly Canelo plan. On the other hand if Golovkin is prepared for that and/or planning on a "street fight" right off the bat as well, he's going to fuck Canelo up. Either way this is going to be a war and it may actually be a quick Hagler vs Hearns type of war (3-4 rounds), this fight is not going to the scorecards and may not even make it past the 6th!
I don't think its going to be much of a war at all. it can be but it won't. GGG's jab will not be much of a factor because Canelo will do more clinching than we are used to seeing him do. not a bad amount like Floyd does, but enough to make the fight stretch out longer. Canelo will show really good boxing skills and that will win the judges over. Canelo by decision

Feb 23, 2006
Canelo was never a 154 lmao he was a "155" fighter....i hope he gets k.o. today fucken pussy ass ginger them roids he took for this not going 2 save him from not going 2 sleep. WAR GGG!!!