The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

Combat Sports Discuss the combat sports such as Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Boxing, & Kickboxing.

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #25541
EVERgREENRIDER
ResidentRocketScientist

Propped 14,959 Times in 6,647 Posts
Lomenchenko is a fucking beast. His movement and footwork are gotdamn awe-inspiring
EVERgREENRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To EVERgREENRIDER:
Old 04-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #25542
battle619
Sicc OG

Propped 538 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-0-Sixx View Post
Say what you will about Kovalev, but the man is never afraid of talking shit and worried about political correctness lol. He's happy playing the role of the villain. His latest, after signing the rematch:
For the first fight, I really wanted Ward to win, and I thought he won it too. But Kovalev seems like he learned his lesson from the first fight and will make adjustments for the second fight. I hope he wins this one.
battle619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #25543
TrEmEnDo InDo
Sicc OG

Propped 1,040 Times in 477 Posts
I actually thought kova was winning the first fight.

I thought that Jacobs was winning the ggg fight.

These fights were similiar to me, but I Guess I was fooled on both accounts.
TrEmEnDo InDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #25544
RM211
Sicc OG

Propped 4,740 Times in 1,790 Posts
Kovalev won their first fight. He'll stop ward this time.
RM211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #25545
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Propped 28,238 Times in 10,029 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 2-0-Sixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrEmEnDo InDo View Post
I actually thought kova was winning the first fight.

I thought that Jacobs was winning the ggg fight.

These fights were similiar to me, but I Guess I was fooled on both accounts.
I think they were different type of fights but similar in the sense that they were close fights though.

For me, i haven't been able to see a scenario where Jacobs won that fight, not with the knockdown going against him. I can't see how he could have won 7 rounds. I could see a draw at best for Jacobs. After watching it three times, I have Golovkin winning clear, but close. I think a lot of people gave Jacobs more credit than he deserved because he was doing better than expected, so any round where he landed a few shots a lot of people​ automatically scored it for Jacobs, despite perhaps Golovkin landing more efficient blows. I think Jacobs used a lot of movement and boxed well, but I don't think he put together 7 or 8 rounds that he did better than Golovkin.

For Kovalev-Ward, this was a tough one and I can see the argument for either guy. In this fight it's the opposite of Jacobs-Golovkin in that the winner got knocked down, not the loser like Jacobs, but again though, did Ward win 7 or 8 rounds? I don't think he did, I thought Kovalev edged it but it was less clear than GGG-Jacobs. I don't have a problem with Ward getting the nod since there were numerous rounds where Kovalev had seemed to go to sleep in the sense that he just coasted through the rounds, perhaps fatigue, and allowed Ward to steal a couple. On a second viewing I was looking for little things each guy did and Ward did a lot of subtle things in the second half of the fight that I didn't notice watching live, small things by moving Kovalev into a position or setting a little trap, veteran stuff that showed good ring generalship.

I'm not sure who's going to win the rematch. I feel like in order for Kovalev to get the win he's going to need to absolutely dominate or get a KO and I don't think that's going to happen, if it's close again the nod will almost certainly go to Ward. We'll see who's better at adjusting though since they both have 12 rounds of experience to go from. Kovalev needs to focus on stamina this training camp, if he can maintain effective aggression and not take his pedal off the gas he'll win. If not Ward will take advantage and steal rounds. He can hurt Ward but I wouldn't plan on that, I think that knockdown maybe hurt Kovalev in he sense that he was looking for a big shot for a couple rounds, hell maybe throughout the rest of the fight he kept thinking about how to reproduce it, we don't know what was going on in his head but I wonder what would have happened if he didn't score that KD early.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #25546
CZAR
Sicc OG

Propped 851 Times in 578 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Boxing champ arrested in car riddled with bullet holes

Got Em!!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #25547
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
About Bullets!

He probably shot up the rental car himself lol
Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #25548
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Did Kovalev cross the line? I see some fighters like Steve Cunningham and other black fighters saying Kovalev is straight up racist for this.

He posted a "pretend text conversation" between himself and Ward:

He's pretending to be Ward with Ward typing out stuff like "I'm gonna fuck you up hoe ass nigga" only for "Ward" to delete it and say something more appropriate. Was it just a silly joke? Or Crossed the line this time?

People pointing out he once tweeted a pic of himself pointing at a kid next to him with a picture of a gorilla on his shirt and saying this is Adonis Stevenson, people saying that was racist, which at the time he deleted and apologized, said he didn't realize people would take that as being racist, since in Russia calling people monkeys/apes is a normal insult and doesn't have racist background.

Of course social media is taking it all very serious as usual. I don't think it's much of a big deal but clearly for this joke he can't use the excuse that he didn't know people might think it's racist lol. I think he's openly trying to play the villain, maybe get under his skin too.

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; 04-21-2017 at 05:24 PM.
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To 2-0-Sixx:
Old 04-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #25549
InfamousICON
FTB

Propped 46,669 Times in 17,582 Posts
LMAO a 13-12 MMA journeyman who is only in the UFC because he's friends with Conor McGregor is trying to call out Amir Khan in a boxing ring. Amir probably had to google who in the fuck this guy even was lol

Artem Lobov goes toe-to-toe with boxer Amir Khan in epic Twitter battle - MMAmania.com
InfamousICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #25550
TrEmEnDo InDo
Sicc OG

Propped 1,040 Times in 477 Posts
Charlo just flattened that dude. Hatley never really had a chance. If jermell really is gonna drop to welterweight he'll be a problem for almost all of em there
TrEmEnDo InDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #25551
battle619
Sicc OG

Propped 538 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Did Kovalev cross the line? I see some fighters like Steve Cunningham and other black fighters saying Kovalev is straight up racist for this.

Sergey Kovalev & Andre Ward Text Conversation Meme - YouTube

He's pretending to be Ward with Ward typing out stuff like "I'm gonna fuck you up hoe ass nigga" only for "Ward" to delete it and say something more appropriate. Was it just a silly joke? Or Crossed the line this time?

People pointing out he once tweeted a pic of himself pointing at a kid next to him with a picture of a gorilla on his shirt and saying this is Adonis Stevenson, people saying that was racist, which at the time he deleted and apologized, said he didn't realize people would take that as being racist, since in Russia calling people monkeys/apes is a normal insult and doesn't have racist background.

Of course social media is taking it all very serious as usual. I don't think it's much of a big deal but clearly for this joke he can't use the excuse that he didn't know people might think it's racist lol. I think he's openly trying to play the villain, maybe get under his skin too.
Its obvious someone from his camp did it. He liked it. he posted it. hes just trying to say how fake AW is, in his eyes, and just have fun with it. but there will always be controversy with someone that is not black using the "n"word
battle619 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To battle619:
Old 04-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #25552
RM211
Sicc OG

Propped 4,740 Times in 1,790 Posts
Quote:

Sergey Kovalev & Andre Ward Text Conversation Meme‬‏ - YouTube

I have no problem with it. of course social media is knee deep in it already. it is a bit controversial tho seeing that the N word doesn't sit well with all the politics and police in America and being that kovalev is from Russia. on a side note Adonis does look like a gorilla lol.(not being racist, just honest.)
RM211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #25553
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM211 View Post
I have no problem with it. of course social media is knee deep in it already. it is a bit controversial tho seeing that the N word doesn't sit well with all the politics and police in America and being that kovalev is from Russia. on a side note Adonis does look like a gorilla lol.(not being racist, just honest.)
On top of this it turns out Kovalev or his team didn't even make this, some fan of his did and Kovalev tweeted it (or retweeted I'm not which). Fucking hell. People get worked up over anything. Steve Cunningham was going crazy for like three days on Facebook about how racist Kovalev is and whatnot and Kovalev/his team didn't even make the skit video.

You're right though, Stevenson does. Some people just resembles animals, like everyone thought Geroge Bush looked like a monkey with all those monkey faces he would make.

Last edited by 2-0-Sixx; Yesterday at 10:55 PM.
2-0-Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote