Bellator 105: Rampage vs. Tito - November 2 PPV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU

Tito Ortiz signs with Bellator, meets 'Rampage' Jackson on pay-per-view Nov. 2

It had all the makings of a pro wrestling callout, but regardless of what it looked like, Tito Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has returned from retirement – and will fight Quinton Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) for Bellator MMA in November on the promotion's first pay-per-view event.

Bellator teased a special announcement from "Rampage" during Bellator 97, its "Summer Series" finale on Wednesday night in New Mexico. With boxer Roy Jones Jr. cageside, many anticipated it would be an announcement that Jackson would meet Jones in a boxing match on pay-per-view.

But Jackson pulled a surprise.

"I'm happy to be back here on Spike TV. I'm training hard, man. I'm back motivated and I found my love for MMA again. Now I'm with a reputable company that knows how to treat his fighters. It's on," Jackson said. "I'm down to fight Roy. I'm a big fan of his. I'm a big fan of that man. He's one of the best boxers of his time. But for my first fight in Bellator, I want it to be an MMA fight – and I'm going to be fighting this man coming out right now."

And with that, Ortiz's walkout music began playing. He was shown in silhouette with his trademark walkout flag over his shoulder, and he made the walk down the ramp to the cage – the first official announcement that he had signed with Bellator.

The two will meet on Nov. 2 at Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, Calif., as the main event of what is expected to be Bellator 105. A pay-per-view price point has not yet been announced by the company. Tickets for the event go on sale Saturday. The event will take place on a Saturday night – and it should be noted that Bellator's chief rival, the UFC, does not currently have an event scheduled for the same day.

Ortiz had been retired after his most recent fight, a loss to Forrest Griffin a little more than a year ago at UFC 148. That same weekend, he was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.

But lately, Ortiz has been teasing a possible comeback on Twitter. And despite six losses in his past seven fights, and just 2-7-1 in his past 10, all in the UFC, the former light heavyweight champion will return for Bellator and meet Jackson, also a former UFC light heavyweight champ – and a longtime friend and sometimes training partner.

"I fought the best of the best in the world," Ortiz said. "I've been fighting for a long, long time. We've been friends with each other, but it's time to put the friendship aside and it's time to give the fans what they want here in Bellator."

Jackson gave one final plug before the two stared each other down in the cage: "I know it's going to be one of the best fights in history," "Rampage" said.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps*–*MMAjunkie.com) first reported that Jackson was being targeted for a pay-per-view boxing match against Jones later this year. And that still may happen. But the fight against Ortiz will happen first.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
Not the greatest of Headliners for their first PPV event. fight might be interesting but other than that, I cant say this is some kinda fights fans dream come true

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Cool to see them finally fight each other, just wish it happened like 5 years ago.

Here's the video of the announcement and Tito failing hard to intimidate Rampage at 3:46

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
dana white is laughing his ass off in his hotel room right now.

side note: i'll buy this shit if it were 19- $25, thats it! they better get guys like king mo, michael chandler, pat curran, eddie alvarez(if available) on their to look appealing.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Lol, talk about what ur good at and that's Floyd. Miss me with all that bs. He couldn't get anybody in the top ten IMO

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Lol, talk about what ur good at and that's Floyd. Miss me with all that bs. He couldn't get anybody in the top ten IMO
Ill talk about what im good at when u do the same because its obvious its not MMA. GSP likes to lay on you all day. That is Askren's strong point and he does it even better. No way does GSP do what he does to a guy like Askren real talk. I just dont see it. Would love to see them fight although it could be the most boring fight in history lol. Askren is phenominal at what he does and GSP would get frustrated I believe. U do agree that Chandler would come over and run shit in the UFC though right? Got Em!!

Jan 18, 2006
It would nice if Bellator started attracting better fighters. JewFC needs some competition. Hopefully Rampage is fully dedicated to training again, u can tell he lost interest cuz he was treated like shit in UFC

Props: :ab:
May 25, 2009
dana white is laughing his ass off in his hotel room right now.

side note: i'll buy this shit if it were 19- $25, thats it! they better get guys like king mo, michael chandler, pat curran, eddie alvarez(if available) on their to look appealing.
you mean dana is losing his fuckin mind right now lol especially after that comment by rampage about treating fighters right haha cant wait for dana's next interview hes going to drop F bombs like a muthafucka lmao

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Ill talk about what im good at when u do the same because its obvious its not MMA. GSP likes to lay on you all day. That is Askren's strong point and he does it even better. No way does GSP do what he does to a guy like Askren real talk. I just dont see it. Would love to see them fight although it could be the most boring fight in history lol. Askren is phenominal at what he does and GSP would get frustrated I believe. U do agree that Chandler would come over and run shit in the UFC though right? Got Em!!
yea I agree with chandler running thru most guys at 155, but ben couldn't out fitch fitch imo, look at his resume, its laughable when u say he can beat gsp, you wanna talk about hands down, gsp is the best wrestler in that division, HANDS DOWN! w/o even having a wrestling baccground. if theres anybody that can implement their gameplan and stifling their opponents until they get frustrated, its gsp.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
you mean dana is losing his fuckin mind right now lol especially after that comment by rampage about treating fighters right haha cant wait for dana's next interview hes going to drop F bombs like a muthafucka lmao

both fighters coming off 3 losses in a row?! now headlining a ppv, yea I pretty much think he's rolling off his chair.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
yea I agree with chandler running thru most guys at 155, but ben couldn't out fitch fitch imo, look at his resume, its laughable when u say he can beat gsp, you wanna talk about hands down, gsp is the best wrestler in that division, HANDS DOWN! w/o even having a wrestling baccground. if theres anybody that can implement their gameplan and stifling their opponents until they get frustrated, its gsp.
Well lets just hope they are able to fight one day so we can really see whos right. Got Em!!