XBox 360 users...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I've been away from gaming for quite some time and recently purchased a 360. I have a few questions. What are some good points about this console? What are some drawbacks? For those of who own a 360, are you happy with it, or would you have gone with the PS3?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have both systems. PS3 has free online gaming. XBOX 360 you have to pay for it. Both have online stores you can purchase games, dlc and other stuff from. The controllers feel different, PS3 plays bluray, they both allow you to play back various formats like mpeg, mp3, etc. The only drawbacks I see are the earlier versions of the 360, like the one I have, doesn't have wifi. But you won't find these on the market so don't trip. Another thing is the fact you have to pay to play online with the 360. Some will say the 360 is more adult or more competitive, but IMHO, both had the same type of people. Good and bad.

When it comes to multi platform games I go by whichever system has better overall performance and look for sites like Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth to do benchmark tests. Every now and then, however, I'll stick to a certain platform because it offered more goods. For example. I purchased Dead Space for the 360. When Dead Space 2 came out I copped for the PS3 because it also included Dead Space Extraction (which was a good game btw.)

But you can't go wrong with either system.

May 2, 2002
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Somethin' told me to go with the PS3, but I'm sure I'll have just as much fun with the 360. While it would be cool to play online, I don't think it was gonna make or break my purchase. I'll just see how it plays when I finally get it.

Props: HERESY

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
fixed it. was just an issue with my hdmi cable. all good.

personally, i think fighting over consoles is some gay shit. you should be able to like whatever you wanna like, you feel me? i mean i got enough cash to buy both if i want to. i remember back when everyone was sayin xbox sucked cuz of red rings, my shit has never red ringed in the 4-5 years ive owned it and if it did, all i had to do was unplug my AC and replug it in. theres alot of shit on xbox live that makes it worth the pay, ansd xbox live is actually free, if youre one of those types. you just gotta create a new username and turn down gold and theyll put you on gold for a week free or some shit, i forgot. but i did that for 6 months.

i guess another thing is since everyone and they momma cant get on it cuz it aint free theres alot less issues with it just being full of traffic. i play ps3 when im at the homies pad but i dont want to buy one. i have a blu ray so i didnt need to buy a ps3 for that. im just tryna play games, and it does that for me.

im just the type of person that fucks with all consoles for some speicifc reason. niggas hated wii, i loved that shit, super mario was ill as fuck on wii and was worth the purchase of the console alone personally.

my initial reason for wanting a xbox was gears of war, which was a xbox exclusive. there was that oen game i forgot the name of that was alot like gears of war for ps3 but i thought that shit was gay imo. my girls brother was like that, where he was just reppin ps3 so hard he aint wanna play no xbox, but i brought my xbox and unhooked his shit.

what it boils down to for me is console exclusive games. every console has a exclusive. and sometimes you will hella want to play a specific game but you cant. i was gonna buy ps3 for the katamari sequel and that one game with the dude made out of straw or some shit that u had to solve puzzles and stuff to get throughout the game. that shit was sick. like if an exsclusive pops off on a specific console ill cop that console. but to me fightin over xbox or ps3 is like fighting over iphones vs galaxys or whatever. u gon like what u gon like bruh. i say buy both used so when u got a exclusive u casn get it.

my homies be all mad i dont have ps3 cuz they cant play me in call of duty lmao i dont give a fuck. im happy with my shit. ill cop the next ps console but ps3 im cool offa. not really for any specific reason, but because im used to 360, i like it, and thats just how we rockin. i dont have anything against ps3, but i just rather have a xbox. i aint broke to the point where i cant pay 9 bucks a month for xbox live gold if i need it. i dont even use online that much, a new game will drop, ill play online for a total of 2-3 months, and ill cancel xbox live. 20 dollars aint really such a big deal ima cry over havin to pay for it.

one thing i love about xbox is they tech support is on point. i can talk to someone online personally 24/7 in less than a minute if i have a problem.

i mean if you spend your entire life playing games online, id understand how paying for it may fuck you over. but i got other shit to tend to, so i dont be online w video games that much anyway. im not even really feeling call of duty online,cuz youll shoot a nigga 5 times straight hell shoot you twice and you die, that shit makes no kinda sense to me.

i say if ps3 drops something exclusive i like, ill buy one. until then..im with my xbox on that one.

the weirdest thing to me about xbox vs ps3 is...xbox owners dont even be trippin about the xbox vs ps3 thing. ps3 users are always on some nerdy ass war shit on why one console is better than another. xbox owners just pay they games and thats about it. they dont be trippin bout that type of shit.

Last edited:
May 4, 2002
I went with the 360 and wii out of this gen systems.

As gas said its which you prefer and Xbox has the exclusives I wanted, as I've said before ps3 has no exclusives that I wanted to play.

Xbl is cool, it's got almost everything you need. Apps like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, comcast ect. It's interface is user friendly. It added a web browser ( I never saw I need for one on a gaming system)

Jun 24, 2005
I got both Xbox 360 and PS3 and you can't go wrong with either to be honest.

I play exclusives and multiplats on the 360, and exclusives and Blu-Rays on the PS3.

I don't trip about payin' $50 a year to play online. It doesn't really make sense sometimes since I've already paid for my internet connection and I've already paid for the full game, but then I have to pay extra to play it online, but whatever.

I play most of the Xbox exclusives (Halo, Gears and Forza occasionally) and some of the PS3 exclusives (Killzone, Uncharted and inFAMOUS). I play my 360 more because I get multiplats for it, and I have more friends that are online more often, but I love my PS3 as well. Like Gas said, the console wars between fanboys is some lame shit. Some of them people take that shit way to seriously, and if you don't praise the fuck out of their system of choice, they get butt hurt over it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
@ Gas, 360 fanboys wig out just like the ps3 fanboys. I see them calling them PisS3 and all types of crazy shit.

WT SAVAGE @WT SAVAGE , I thought about the wii but didn't see that many games that caught my attention. Maybe I'll cop a wiiU but I'll hold out for a bit.

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
360 has a party chat system but no a lot of exclusives, a lot of there exclusives came to ps3, most multiplat games will look better on 360, but as far as games ps3 has a lot, the online gaming is basically the same Id rather pkay for free though, oh and if u get playstation plus they offer a bunch of games to play for free big name titles too

May 4, 2002
HERESY @HERESY the wii is for my kids and they love it! I play the wii with them some times and its usually Mario bros and wii sports. Both are really fun.

I want to get my kids a wii U for Xmas but have mixed feelings about it. Maybe I should look into it more. Anyone have pros and cons?

Jun 11, 2004
It really boils down to games for me. Last gen it was Sony (who had gta exclusively). This gen it's Xbox. Microsoft seems to get dibs on almost every game or dlc months before Sony these days. Xbox live marketplace is just more poppin

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
No halo and no gears of war on ps3 best fps and 3rd person shooters are on xbox, you cant talk to friends online if they playing different games on ps3. You do have a blu ray player though. Xbox has triggers on controller, ps3 has reg buttons. Ps3 is free but with no party system on mics.

Oct 13, 2003
I have PS3 and 360 and can say this:

*360 annual fee is worth it. Better online experience.

*Kinect (360) system is better then Move Motion (PS3).

*Neflix runs and looks better on the PS3.

*PS3 is snappier in general.

*PS3 has a bluray player and generally improves DVD quality.

*360 integrates well with Windows phones and Windows tablets.

*PS3 menu system isn't as sleek as 360, but offers more advanced settings.

Ask yourself what type of games you like to play first. Both systems have exclusive titles that might be important to you. You can't go wrong with either. You could try buying both used for cheap. Just don't buy Nintendo.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I got both, I play online on the 360 more than ps3, plus the ps3 has gay shit with the anti piracy things for media on storage drives (you can't play certain movies). Blu-ray player go hard tho on hdtv

kinect is raw tho......I think the next generation of consoles will be dope as fuck tho