The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Title says it all.

I just beat Ghostbusters earlier this week and now I'm starting on Dante's Inferno.

I know, I know, I'm way behind on the games I'm playing, but I haven't had a 360 in over a year, but got a new S a few months back.

Ghostbusters was good, but it had some serious pacing problems, and I found myself liking the first bit of the game (chasing Stay Puft) better than the second half. I also maxed out my upgrades before the start of the third stage. The story was great, but you can tell they had some issues in working out the bugs. I hear the Wii version is the best, anyway.

Dante's Inferno is pretty bitching. It's straight forward, but it's super dark and I've been wanting to play something like this for a while. I dig epic games, but I'm always way behind in getting them because I've played some bad ones and it's made me cautious.

Mar 18, 2003
Yeah I got ghostbusters awhile back from homie for like 10 buckz aint get far havent had time to play it. Then later I picked up Darksiders from gamestop back in july for 20 new never played it. I wanted get Dantes Inferno also... But Now the New Castlevania , Spiderman SD is out worth picking up. Not to mention Black OPs & AC Brotherhood is around the conor I need the money and the time play these...

Oct 25, 2006
METAL GEAR 4, i was a big fan of the first 3 but hadnt had time to pick it up, grabbed it for 17 bucks the other day, real good game, storyline is on point, im on the act in shadow moses right now, probably be done in a few days

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^ that reminds me that I need to preorder DJ Hero 2 from Gamestop before I forget.

That game snuck up on me. I totally forgot it came out before Christmas.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
METAL GEAR 4, i was a big fan of the first 3 but hadnt had time to pick it up, grabbed it for 17 bucks the other day, real good game, storyline is on point, im on the act in shadow moses right now, probably be done in a few days
I got this game a while ago, got up to Shadow Moses, and completely forgot about it after I started playing another game. Thanks for reminding me that I still gotta beat it. I'll most likely be playing this until Fallout: New Vegas comes out in a few days.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Enslaved at the moment..doing the 7 day used trial from Gamestop. It's an excellent and lengthy game (12-14hr playtime). Im just not too cool on paying big money for single player games

FYI:

Buy 2 Get 1 at Toys R Us this week

Split Second = $20 at Best Buy this week

Jun 24, 2005
Hmmm I'm kind of in the middle of a Halo run. I beat Halo: Reach for the third time, then beat Halo Wars and now I'm on Halo: Combat Evolved. I know it's not in chronological order, but I didn't feel like playing through Reach again and then going into CE.

I'll probably mix in some Reach MP here n there.

Also have a Bioshock 2 play-through in progress that i haven't touched since before Reach came out.

I've wanted to play Dante's Inferno for awhile, just haven't had the money or time to get it. I probably won't get to it for quite awhile either since next year is starting off jam packed with must-play games (Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and inFamous 2).

Dec 7, 2005
CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW - SICK GRAPHICS, DOPE GAME PLAY. I'M LIKING THIS GAME SO FAR

BRUTAL LEGEND - AFTER BEATING DARKSIDERS I NEEDED ANOTHER GAME LIKE IT SO I GOT THIS. IT'S NOT WHAT I EXPECTED BUT IT'S KOO

I STILL NEED TO BEAT BAYONETTA AND SPIDERMAN: SHATTERED DIMENSIONS, I GOT TO THE FINAL BOSS IN BOTH AND MOVED ON TO THE NEXT GAME

Apr 8, 2005
im working on red faction guerilla (best game i think ive ever purchased for the money 17$) in between that im beasting on reach, i literally come first in game 6 out of 10 games i play, i got head hancho challenge last night playing slayer dmrs on boardwalk. i got the kill 150 enemies in any mode on reach by playing 7 team slayer matches, and got the home field advantage challenge at the same time.

i wanna get back to assassins creed 2 but i only usually play the x box for 1-2 hours at a time, once or twice a week. and that never seems to be enough time to get anywhere in assassins creed.great game though 10 outta 10 to me.

the sabatour i wanna play kinda but im thinking about trading it. its hard to keep my attention on that game.

thats about it until gears of war 3 drops

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW - SICK GRAPHICS, DOPE GAME PLAY. I'M LIKING THIS GAME SO FAR

BRUTAL LEGEND - AFTER BEATING DARKSIDERS I NEEDED ANOTHER GAME LIKE IT SO I GOT THIS. IT'S NOT WHAT I EXPECTED BUT IT'S KOO

I STILL NEED TO BEAT BAYONETTA AND SPIDERMAN: SHATTERED DIMENSIONS, I GOT TO THE FINAL BOSS IN BOTH AND MOVED ON TO THE NEXT GAME
lol I just picked up Brutal Legend on clearance at Target for $10, but havent opened it yet

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
SOTET was my game for the PS2. So many different endings you could get and all kinds of gameplay.

I've got a new addiction to buying games, I think. I have a catalog of games right now that are sitting on my dresser that are relatively new to me that I've yet to play.

I'm playing Quake Wars: Enemy Territory right now... it's ok, but I was hoping for a dedicated single player story mode, instead I get a campaign set up like multiplayer with bots. Kinda disappointing considering how nice the shooting system is.