"Use any flash drive to save your XBOX files" is BULLSHIT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I just got a new slim to replace my old system, and I got it solely for the ability to go wireless without paying for an adapter and because you can use any flash drive to save your stuff on...

Well...

Don't buy into the "Use any storage device to save your games on XBOX360" bullshit...

There's a reason they put out that fucking SanDisk-made, Microsoft-sponsored flash drive...

The SanDisk one (not the official 360 version) I bought does not "perform well" compared to "other compatible" brands...

My ass.

If the games weren't so good, I'd tell Microsoft to go fuck themselves.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I used a 500GB Western Digital hard drive to transfer my stuff....the XBOX just created a 16GB partition for the files, and I transferred everything smoothly.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yes I did. And I'm at a breaking point with the whole thing.

My old one still turns on, but I need a transfer cable to transfer everything over to the new XBOX, but it doesn't have enough memory. 40 bucks for that.

I need more memory and coincidentally Microsoft made a SanDisk one with the correct partitions to work with the system, but it's 70 bucks for 16gigs.

I need to find out how to format the damned flash drive and I'll be set.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Well, it looks like the "below recommendation standards" thing is a crock.

I planted my GoW2 saves on my flash drive and it worked successfully. I'm debating on wiping it clean and taking it back to Best Buy and spending an extra 30 bucks for a 500gig external device because they apparently work too, but will get the below standards code.

I'll keep looking around on the XBOX forums. I'm bound to find out what I need to know.

Thanks, man.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The PS3 has good games that don't make their way to XBOX such as MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, but this thread isn't about how big you think your PS3's clit is.

The flash drive is saving my games successfully, and I haven't seen much in the way of problems with it other than trying to download something directly to it. It won't work that way, but I can download to the system and then move the file onto the flash and it works just fine.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
when did microsoft have good games?

ps3 has the same games and far better ones

and....who really trusts Microsoft?
LOL, you sound like a fanboy whose mom was raped by Bill Gates or something.

Microsoft has lots of great games, just like Sony has lots of great games.

When Microsoft first introduced the bigger HDDs, they were giving the transfer kits to customers for free if they needed it. It sucks that they charge for them now.