TV is fuckin' up!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
About a week or so ago, I got home from work and was watching TV, and the picture started dimming. This is Samsung DLP TV, so I thought the lamp needed to be replaced and ordered one. The next day, I turned it on again and there was a loud clicking/grinding sound. I decided to wait til the lamp arrived and I replaced it before replacing the ballast. The lamp didn't fix it, so I ordered a ballast. That arrived today and I replaced it and still had the same problem. The only other thing it could be is the color wheel I guess, so I ordered one. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what I'll do.

We've had the TV for about five a half years and the lamp had 19,607 hours on it.

Jan 12, 2006
Now a days if you get 5 years out of a tv you got your moneys worth, anything more then 4-5 years is a plus to me.

You should have sold it on CL and with the money you spent on parts copped a new tv.

Jun 24, 2005
Now a days if you get 5 years out of a tv you got your moneys worth, anything more then 4-5 years is a plus to me.

You should have sold it on CL and with the money you spent on parts copped a new tv.
Not ready to part with this one yet. It's a 61" TV and I don't think I could get another one for however much I could sell this one coupled with the money spent on parts. I feel like if the color wheel fixes it, and we can get a few more years out of it, the money will be worth it.

Anyway, it sucks that TVs don't last anymore. I had a turn knob TV that was hella old when I got it, and it lasted for like ten years, and even then I just gave it away it in a still functional condition lol.